rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
murray

Battlefield 4

I find that the game is pretty much rock solid now apart from the broken kill cam and I only ever play 64 player conquest. I'm a Bone player based on the US East Coast but often play on Euro servers because most of my friends are back in Ireland.

Apart from the broken kill cam what are you seeing?

EDIT: I'm ignoring the Naval Strike debacle obviously

These are the problems I have 100% of the time:

Friends browser doesnt work

Game breaking Rubber banding on Gulf of Oman, one of the china rising maps, all the Naval strike maps

No premium servers with a mix of map packs

After being revivied bipods dont work

Cant play the single player as my save always deletes

No conquest small servers

The rubberbanding is the real shocker though. The fact it is always the same maps means something is fundamentally broken. So for it to not even be recognised by Dice is pretty shocking

Something I've always wondered about on BF4 - I'm just starting to get a handle of the choppers to the point where I'm starting to get a few kills with the Little Bird. What I want to know is how Chopper Ninjas consistently evade Stingers to effectively - it's as if they know exactly where they're coming from and know exactly which building to hide behind. Similarly, I often find myself immediately downed by planes.

When getting locked you will see a grey arrow around your reticule showing you which direction the lock is coming from. At that point hit your countermeasures and get a tall object between you and the direction it's coming from.

But remember kids, BF4 has diversity, but no depth.

• Upvote 1

Something I've always wondered about on BF4 - I'm just starting to get a handle of the choppers to the point where I'm starting to get a few kills with the Little Bird. What I want to know is how Chopper Ninjas consistently evade Stingers to effectively - it's as if they know exactly where they're coming from and know exactly which building to hide behind. Similarly, I often find myself immediately downed by planes.

Just try to get a building or hill in the line of fire from the missile, unless you have flairs etc then use them first and get out of there! In out of buildings is the best way, but then you run the risk of catching a building and spiralling out of control.

Just try to get a building or hill in the line of fire from the missile, unless you have flairs etc then use them first and get out of there! In out of buildings is the best way, but then you run the risk of catching a building and spiralling out of control.

The city maps are amazing for chopper pilots - masses of tall cover to hide behind all over the place.

Erm no, in BF4 I can easily be the top scoring person on my team without firing a weapon once. Try doing that in CS

OoooOoooOooooooooo....

I have a screen grab where i did that - just knife kills you see ;)

Until i track it down, have this for old times sake

ts%20and%20cts%20together.jpg

When getting locked you will see a grey arrow around your reticule showing you which direction the lock is coming from.

This is the key piece of information I was missing - thanks for the tip!

• Upvote 1

I see. So mastering the art of piloting a chopper under bridges and through sandstorm cityscapes for example equates to, "aiming your crosshair on people's faces only with different weaponry"

In the meantime, we have Regeneration adding so much more depth to Titanfall than any of us realise. Don't you just start from level 1 again with increased exp gain? DEPTH OVERLOAD.

I'm not the one calling BF4 without depth here lol. I'm just saying that TF simply works and I reckon that a lot of you here might enjoy the game as it's without any of the problems BF4 is still having. It's easy to disregard the game after only having played it for a few hours but trust me, if you want depth, it's there.

Also I don't see how the XP system has anything to do with this? Both games make use of it and aren't better or worse of because of it.

Oh and regarding flying choppers, if you guys ever need someone to pilot you, send me a message on Origin. I'm one hell of a pilot if I can say so myself. Probably love doing that the most in BF4.

Apologies for bringing my Titanfall nonsense in here. Just wanted to create awareness for an amazing game and get more people to play with. :)

Carry on rubber banding and lagging all over the place with yer sheit hit detection and unbalanced maps and modes!

Really enjoying the single player so far. My first soldier sim since MW2. It's so cliché, it's brilliant.

It's great the first time! Second, third and fourth after your save game is erased - not so great.

It's great the first time! Second, third and fourth after your save game is erased - not so great.

I thought it was shite first time, i could only stomach 3 levels before i was willing the game to wipe my save - never did, typical but i dont think i can carry on playing it as i have played better fps games 15 years ago!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not the one calling BF4 without depth here lol. I'm just saying that TF simply works and I reckon that a lot of you here might enjoy the game as it's without any of the problems BF4 is still having. It's easy to disregard the game after only having played it for a few hours but trust me, if you want depth, it's there.

I'm yet to see a valid reason to this depth though is what I'm saying. And you did pretty much state that piloting a chopper, or flying a jet, or sailing a boat was just shooting mens in the face, and wasn't depth but diversity. So, yeah.

Also I don't see how the XP system has anything to do with this? Both games make use of it and aren't better or worse of because of it.

It was in reference to this:

This is not true. It perhaps doesn't start revealing its depth until after your first regeneration...

How could starting from level 1 with nothing but an Exp boost reveal hidden depth?

Apologies for bringing my Titanfall nonsense in here. Just wanted to create awareness for an amazing game and get more people to play with. :)

Carry on rubber banding and lagging all over the place with yer sheit hit detection and unbalanced maps and modes!

With it being such a small title and all? :lol:

Like this.,,

Paa, call that flying - this is how you fly....

His is incredible helicopter flying, i got all excited getting my first few kills in them recently - much more practice is needed!

How could starting from level 1 with nothing but an Exp boost reveal hidden depth?

After each regeneration you have to meet several challenges to complete the next one. They differ every regeneration. Got comfortable using your scoped carbine and the cloaking ability? No more, you'll have to start making use of alernative weapons and abilities. Pretty much making you play the game in very different ways. It's a simple idea but works well. Stuff I dismissed when I briefly tried them out during my first run through need to be used. Unsurprisingly they turned out to be pretty lethal and took me out of my comfort zone.

After each regeneration you have to meet several challenges to complete the next one. They differ every regeneration. Got comfortable using your scoped carbine and the cloaking ability? No more, you'll have to start making use of alernative weapons and abilities. Pretty much making you play the game in very different ways. It's a simple idea but works well. Stuff I dismissed when I briefly tried them out during my first run through need to be used. Unsurprisingly they turned out to be pretty lethal and took me out of my comfort zone.

You have that with every gun let alone class in BF4 tho - i hated all the assault rifles until i hit the SAR 21 and stuck a 3.4 scope on it, put a ACOG scope on same gun and i cant use it - i would argue there is more depth in one gun class than all of TF let alone comparing the entire game.

But dont get me wrong, i love titanfall - there have been weak moments when i thought of switching from PS4 to Bone for it but it would be a starter to the main feast that is BF4 and i can always get COD for that ;)

Ah I see :)

Doesn't explain how that is depth and not diversity though. If me flying a chopper 5 feet above the ground through a sandstorm, or attaching C4 to my quad bike before launching it in the air at an Apache helicopter and blowing it to shit is just different crosshairs (I know that isn't what you said VN1X, but you were dismissive of the fact that the variety of vehicles grant such depth), then switching from a carbine to a shotgun certainly isn't depth ;)

But yeah, enough of this shit (apology not accepted btw VN1X), we like different shit, and that's cool.

I tried Naval Strike for the first time tonight. Whatever map I was on was pretty neat but it just froze and kicked me out after about 10 minutes.

Patch please!

See you're either delusional, have shit internet, or just plain trolling on this, or maybe you're just a massive Titanfall fan boy. The majority of time, especially when looking for decent servers to play on, I don't get any game breaking rubber banding or, no problems with hit detection, and I don't find any of the modes I play unbalanced, and love nearly all the maps.

Weren't you the guy earlier who said you where getting sniped from every where etc, and it all came down to you just not having learnt the maps yet?

Please just stop it and go to the Titanfall thread if you want to talk about how good it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's longevity, not depth. Still a really cool idea though!

• Upvote 1

See you're either delusional, have shit internet, or just plain trolling on this, or maybe you're just a massive Titanfall fan boy. The majority of time, especially when looking for decent servers to play on, I don't get any game breaking rubber banding or, no problems with hit detection, and I don't find any of the modes I play unbalanced, and love nearly all the maps.

Er bro, they literally delayed the DLC on two platforms because it was broken as fuck, and this thread has been full of complaints about the one it was released on. This is not fanboy trolling, or an isolated issue, it is absolutely shameful the game is still in this state after it has been out six months. Every patch seems to introduce new bugs and issues.

I haven't seen apologia this bad since the SimCity thread. It seems you and Shimmyhill pop out and try and shout down anyone who complains.

I complain about it constantly in this thread but I have still put in 185hours....

Either it works the majority of the time or I am bananas to keep playing an I know I ain't bananas!

If the game was constantly broken I wouldn't bother but as I have said its not, it seems fine on original maps all the time now, china rising is generally ok and I don't have issues that often on second assault - when I do I just leave. Naval strike is in honeymoon period, I have some lag issues but then perfect games on it - I guess my experience is why it's so hard to fix as 90%+ of the time it is fine but others seem to have far more issues.

For me it's not even approaching how bad BF2 was or even 3 yet... I have up pc gaming due to BF2 so I'm not the type to suffer this crap, bf3 I just stopped for a long time but as cod slowly went shite I ended up back on it!

BF4 pisses me off when it's not working and dice/ea should have sorted it by now but like I say it isn't enough of an issue for me but it others it's game breaking.

I think it was the unbalanced accusation that maybe Kreiss took umbrage with because it is in no way an unbalanced game - considering all the elements at play it is amazingly balanced. Sure you can get destroyed beyond all buggery if you don't know what you are doing but mostly there is always a way to counter whatever is being thrown at you and every vehicle, weapon, kit and loadout has it's strengths and weaknesses that can be exploited accordingly.

Except for starting at the bottom in Metro conquest, that's just shit.

Anyway, I don't think Kreiss was defending the rubber banding or bugginess more the unbalanced accusation.

Weren't you the guy earlier who said you where getting sniped from every where etc, and it all came down to you just not having learnt the maps yet?

Please just stop it and go to the Titanfall thread if you want to talk about how good it is.

I was just about done and I thought I was out but they pull me back in! :lol:

You clearly very much enjoy BF4 and that's fine. I just think it's a broken mess and compared to BF3 (which I have played a lot) it's a step down for the franchise. And the fact is, as RubberJohnny has said as well, I'm not the only one that feels about it that way. The general consensus regarding BF4 is that it is in fact a rushed job and needed months of polish. The Rush mode is a prime example of that. Again, a lot of streamers feel the very same way and some of them have even switched over to ARMA III or other games.

I'm not saying you are downright wrong for playing it but I am saying that, in light of all these problems I've also gone off to a different game and found the perfect substitute for my multilayer itch in TF. The reason I bring up TF in here is because it's such a contrast when compared. The game worked from day 1 (and still does) and so far, during the 14 hours I've played it, there haven't been any mayor balancing issues if at all. As I've said multiple times now, it's all a bit amazing how these game have turned out. One still broken months after release and the other simply works without error.

The part I whitened out in my post wasn't meant as a snide remark but merely poking fun at the entire situation lol. Anyway I hope BF5 will have more focussed maps and a rush mode that's actually fun and balanced in combination with the maps. Sure the BF3 maps were a bit smaller and the destructibility wasn't as detailed as seen in BF4 but the netcode was up to snuff and it felt like a more cohesive experience. More of that please!

In all honesty, I've found it hard to actually judge the quality of anything released since practically the first DLC as since then I've had that stupid 'packet loss' thing constantly popping up ruining my time. I have moments where it can be fine, and for those moments I do have a lot of fun. And it's not just me, I have a couple of friends who play and have fibre connections and they have the same problems. The netcode in BF4 seems to be gradually getting worse as time goes by, it certainly wasn't this bad at launch.

DICE themselves have acknowledged that there are some serious faults that they need to work on. Sadly they push out DLC every couple of months rather than devoting their time and resources to fixing the game properly in the first place. And it's not as if this game was cheap, let alone those who paid for Premium/DLC. I think people have a right to bitch about it.

It's pretty bad all round now, but it's definitely worse on the newer maps (Second Assault) in the bigger game modes. I've no idea about Naval Strike as I am on the PC but I saw a few vids and it looked pretty dire in some cases.

After hours of play I had a round where when I spot a base it targets it, it has happened before but I never gave it much thought because killing. This time though my squad and others were actually following these orders and I was scoring mad points! Directing the flow of the battle like this blew my mind a little bit tbh. Proper team play with randoms at last!