murray

Battlefield 4

construction_1p_1920x1080.jpg

Pre-orders of Battlefield 4, which hits stores this fall, will include a "premium expansion pack", while an Origin special download edition of the game will include the premium pack, bonus in-game digital items and access to the multiplayer beta, according to a press release.

The game is coming to the Windows PC, PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360, according to Electronic Arts officials. While the PS4 edition is not currently listed on the official pre-order site for the game, an Electronic Arts official confirmed that the game is coming to the platform.

No price for the PS4 version of Battlefield 4 is listed, but the current gen version of the standard edition is listed as $59.99 and the Digital Deluxe as $69.99 on the Origin site.

Beta Details

Pre-order the Battlefield 4 PC Digital Deluxe Edition (Available on Origin) October 1*

Battlefield 3 Premium member October 1*

Registered owner of Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition October 1*

Open to all Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC players. Download from Xbox Live, PSN and Origin.com. October 4*

*Date subject to change.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Things I'd quite like to see:

• More destruction - the ability to collapse all buildings, or to create new routes by blowing out walls with C4
  • Day / Night cycles (or at least different times of day) for the maps. Including different amounts of light (unlit areas to be much darker to provide cover and require the use of night-vision equipment).
  • Destructible lights - ability to shoot out light sources to crate cover / confusion in dark / nightime maps.
  • Weather - fog, snow, thunderstorms etc. and the resultant effects on forces (e.g aircraft effectiveness affected by fog or low cloud)

Some kind of built in replay feature so you can post up the crazy shit I keep reading about.

PS4 should have you covered then?

I still want a slapstick mode with mini-motorbikes, grenades that bounce around randomly with boingy sound effects, bodies flying off everywhere like they occasionally do already. Stuff like that.

I want the ability to play Multiplayer with all of the functions working from Day 1.

Matchmaking (and a more robust online system in general) on par with the Halo system would be good too.

I want the ability to play Multiplayer with all of the functions working from Day 1.

Matchmaking (and a more robust online system in general) on par with the Halo system would be good too.

I take it that's a console specific request? As on PC the matchmaking options are just swell.

proper visible damage to soldiers, dismemberment and better animations getting in an out of vehicles. More vehicle variety.

And as geldra says an amazing edit mode for movies and the likes would be fantastic.

• Upvote 1

The ability to lock out US/Canadian/Far Flung Corners of the World and bin paid for servers*. Seriously, fuck getting the game right, get the fucking online options sorted first. If they just tweaked shit from BF3, ported it wholesale but gave me a better range of filtering options I'd be happy.

*AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA that's never, ever going to happen now :/

Yeah, doing a better job of making the game more friendly to newcomers should be high on their list of priorities. BF3 is fucking appalling that way.

• Upvote 1

Today isn't it???

I'd like more choppers.... A chinook, maybe an Apache... And the scout choppers to fly faster than walking speed....

Oh and the ability to carry vehicles under slung like in Vietnam and in vehicle radios

• Upvote 1

No single player would be better :P

I'm now holding out to find out if this rumour of Premium owners get access to BF4 beta is true, I might just have to plump for that for End Game and swallow the extra cost.

• Upvote 1

I like that they're going with 17 minutes of footage out of the gate. Unfortunately it's apparently of the campaign, so 15 of those minutes will be waiting for an AI squad mate to open doors.