murray

Battlefield 4

Perhaps an odd question, but do any of the maps have any good weather effects (i.e. rain/snow/sandstorm)?

Oh yes some most certainly do :) Rain, storms etc. Very atmospheric.

I love the freezing effect in Operation Meatgrinder Locker and Parcel Storm is fantastic with the storm coming in.

I

Had loads of crashes playing yesterday. I think Spork was getting it quite a lot too as he seemed to drop from the servers with alarming frequency. I did however, get to shoot mr-woo in the back while he was sneakily trying to cap 'B' on Parcel Storm before I crashed :D

I love the freezing effect in Operation Meatgrinder Locker and Parcel Storm is fantastic with the storm coming in.

I

Had loads of crashes playing yesterday. I think Spork was getting it quite a lot too as he seemed to drop from the servers with alarming frequency. I did however, get to shoot mr-woo in the back while he was sneakily trying to cap 'B' on Parcel Storm before I crashed :D

Git :lol:

Had some great games last night and was really fun playing with folks from here. I spent a couple of hours playing team deathmatch and it was great running about with a shotgun :D

Would any of the PC folk be interested if I rented a mumble server for us to hang about in and chat in and out of games ?

Holy crap, just unlocked the ACW-R, one of my favorite guns from BF3. But how the heck are you to kill anything with that kind of recoil? It sprays bullet like there is no tomorrow, but I couldn't hit a brick wall from 5 feet.

Had some good games with the 360 guys yesterday but annoyed it's always Dawnbreaker I crash on :( The last 2 times I was doing really well too then it just locked up, annoying.

My heroic moment of the night TM was seeing Simulant in the process of being stabbed up and me shooting the would be assassin in the head. Lovely stuff.

• Upvote 1

Yep, in the game where there were 4 or 5 of us I was crashing way too often so gave up. Earlier on I had a couple of hours crash free. Annoying!

Would any of the PC folk be interested if I rented a mumble server for us to hang about in and chat in and out of games ?

I think we probably do need some sort of voice server, even if it's just for sorting out games and chatting rather than being used for serious comms. Was it Trigg who posted to say he had a server we could use? Alternatively Sie (who doesn't play BF4 AFAIK) has a mumble server that we use for Day Z, MMOs and a few other games. I'm sure he wouldn't mind us using that.

Right I bought a 35 player multiplay mumble server for us to use, it's for 6 months. I can't give the details right now as I'm on my phone. Should I PM the details or just make a post here ?

>Would any of the PC folk be interested if I rented a mumble server for us to hang about in and chat in and out of games ?

If anyone is interested me and handful of old PC gamers (been gaming together since the first BF) have a TF server. There's only ever a handful on it, so we could use the company. PM me if you want the address. Having a full squad of everyone on voice comms on PC makes the whole game SO much better. I'm still the crappest on the server, often close to last in leaderboard, whilst a few on the server are always at the top. I play with a 360 pad tho ;)

Right, back on the PC. If any of you PC BF4 folk want the mumble server details just give me a shout :)

EDIT - I also have no problem if we all end up on Mentazms server either, good to have a few options anyway!

Had some good games with the 360 guys yesterday but annoyed it's always Dawnbreaker I crash on :( The last 2 times I was doing really well too then it just locked up, annoying.

My heroic moment of the night TM was seeing Simulant in the process of being stabbed up and me shooting the would be assassin in the head. Lovely stuff.

That's a real shame as dawnbreaker is a great map. Thanks for the games last night they were fun, it's always nice to be part of a decent squad, and that save you did on me was indeed tremendous :)

Anybody else having an issue with the campaign not saving after a level? Tired of hearing Bonnie Tyler!

I know the 360 crew is pretty big, but are there any other PS3 stragglers like me playing? If so, feel free to add me up.

Holy crap, just unlocked the ACW-R, one of my favorite guns from BF3. But how the heck are you to kill anything with that kind of recoil? It sprays bullet like there is no tomorrow, but I couldn't hit a brick wall from 5 feet.

I found it really useful (on 360) although the SG553, A91 and ACE are even better.

Legit? I.e can / will I get banned?

Well, you're not supposed to but I've never had any problems before. Got BF4 from Mexico and I previously got BF3 from India without any problems.

• Upvote 1

I must have sunk a good 10 hours into this over the weekend and I am absolutely loving it. Some real wow moments throughout.

One of my favourite levels for conquest has to be the one with the train travelling through the middle of the map. Really love it.

This game.. :blink:

Any weapon tips/combos that people are finding useful / effective?

I'm finding the frequency that vehicles spawn a little annoying. Would like that to be a little less frequent... Or maybe I wouldn't mind it so much if I unlock some better rockets for my engineer.

This totally, the default spawn times seem far too frequent and take some of the strategy out of it I reckon. You need to look after your vehicles but with this it's just jump in and charge non-stop.

Still loving it though...

I'm finding the engineer weaponry to be woefully underpowered against armour. I've had numerous situations where I've hit a tank with 5 RPGs and it's still driven off. Even the wire-guided SRAW, which is the final unlock, seems to take multiple hits to get a kill, by which time the crew have often bailed.

C4 and mines are pretty much the only guaranteed way to take them out, and even then you have to place yourself in extreme risk, or rely on luck or unobservant tank pilots.

I agree, the rockets do seem a bit rubbish even from the back / sides of tanks which is a little disappointing.

Actually, could they have perks which make them less effective (I've not looked at what you can unlock)