Rushy

DRIVECLUB - full game + season pass: £7.99 on PS+, Bikes expansion £6.49

Mother of fucking GOD. Scotland, Western Ross, 9am, Stormy cloud cover, heavy precipitation. Just try it and attempt to put it into words. Blew me away.

This is up there with Rallisport and 2097. Absolutely amazing game.

• Upvote 1

There are brief periods where it's the best driving game I've ever played. The graphics aren't always consistent but at their best they are just obscene. I mean 100% photo realistic. I popped out of the room at one point and the game started to cycle across a forest top in the the rain. I reached for the remote as I thought I had accidentally switched the channel. I really hope they nail a good replay mode with plenty of camera options.

• Upvote 3

RllmukEVO has had a slot free for a while now. I'll chuck you an invite. Unless anyone objects.

I'm in, cheers. I'll try not let you down.

Just been hammering that rookie tour event 'Munnar Rally' trying to climb the leaderboard. Spatular fuck! That's a damn quick time mate.

• Upvote 1

I'm in, cheers. I'll try not let you down.

Just been hammering that rookie tour event 'Munnar Rally' trying to climb the leaderboard. Spatular fuck! That's a damn quick time mate.

Checks Munnar Leaderboard and see's Meatball in the global top 50

"You'll be fine!" :P

Given this another good go, really starting to click now. Started pushing it more with the cars, braking a bit later and coming in wider at the last second etc. Still skidding off a fair bit but I can see me really getting into this. Its got that Trials-esque vibe for me, where you don't feel your time has been wasted if you've spent half an hour shaving .4 off your time.

Looks fucking incredible at a lot of points, looks good/nice at others. Really happy with the purchase.

cheers! not sure what track that is but i've been hammering the challenges (assume you've beaten it now anyway). good to have you onboard :) loads of really quick people on here!

That 480 challenge was a pain U1. Could have beaten your time had I mastered the final sector. Was a second quicker in the first two but 1.2 seconds slower in the final sector.

Who got the top time in the Mono too? I was leading up until the point of going to bed.

Thinking about this further I really, REALLY wish you could choose to have weather in the actual main tour game from the start. Wipe the leaderboards, create new ones, whatever but you're condemning anyone who buys it now to play through the version as launched.

• Upvote 1

That 480 challenge was a pain U1. Could have beaten your time had I mastered the final sector. Was a second quicker in the first two but 1.2 seconds slower in the final sector.

Who got the top time in the Mono too? I was leading up until the point of going to bed.

The 480 challenge was certainly a lively one. Only just managed to edge first place. Quite a bit of scope to improve the time but as you say the track was quite tricky in places.

As for the Mono, you still got top spot.. I got to within 0.2 of a second before time ran out. Just couldn't pull a good enough lap together.

The challenges really come into their own when you start focussing on just a couple, it's great stuff.

Thinking about this further I really, REALLY wish you could choose to have weather in the actual main tour game from the start. Wipe the leaderboards, create new ones, whatever but you're basically meaning anyone who buys it still basically has to play through the version as launched.

Then how do they convince you to buy the DLC tour pack?

Thinking about this further I really, REALLY wish you could choose to have weather in the actual main tour game from the start. Wipe the leaderboards, create new ones, whatever but you're basically meaning anyone who buys it still basically has to play through the version as launched.

But all the star rewards would have to be totally redone, while there's some stars are awarded for finishing 1st etc but quite a lot are time related. Get the DLC which will add tour events with weather ;)

The 480 challenge was certainly a lively one. Only just managed to edge first place. Quite a bit of scope to improve the time but as you say the track was quite tricky in places.

As for the Mono, you still got top spot.. I got to within 0.2 of a second before time ran out. Just couldn't pull a good enough lap together.

The challenges really come into their own when you start focussing on just a couple, it's great stuff.

Lively is a nice way of putting it! Had a couple of runs where I was ahead by nearly a second only to mess up on the sweeping right hander on the bridge near the end. So frustrating. I think the pressure got to me! You were really quick on that final sector though.

Least I topped one, the Mono challenge was great too. Love that car.

Rushy, can we have an option (on the dpad or something) to toggle ghosts on/off. I've noticed that I find them quite distracting at times. Not sure if its doable but I think its been options before in other games possibly?

Frontier. Gametek. 1993.

;)

::shiver::

Is there a RLLMUK D-List club of People Who Aren't Actually Terribly Good At Racing Games? All this talk of playing for two hours to shave of tenths of a second is a bit off-putting. I mean, more power to your elbows, but I ain't ever going to be able to compete at that level.

• Upvote 1

But all the star rewards would have to be totally redone, while there's some stars are awarded for finishing 1st etc but quite a lot are time related. Get the DLC which will add tour events with weather ;)

Then change the times.

And no, "Buy DLC to play what we should have shipped in the first place is not a solution". More to the point anyone who buys it now is going to be playing the crap version, they'll never see the weather because they'll give up so they're selling no DLC to anyone.

Certainly I'm hesitant to go back if the main game is still as it was and I'm certainly not pumping more money into the worst gaming purchase I've made this year in order to actually play the proper game. I see the point but they're making the game worse for everyone to protect some leaderboards very few people actually give a shit about.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I bought the game at launch and enjoyed the tour in its intended state (we knew weather was never planned until after release, even before the issues arose). Basically what I'm saying is, fuck wiping my lap times just because you're not happy with the tour.

Then change the times.

And no, "Buy DLC to play what we should have shipped in the first place is not a solution". More to the point anyone who buys it now is going to be playing the crap version, they'll never see the weather because they'll give up so they're selling no DLC to anyone.

Certainly I'm hesitant to go back if the main game is still as it was and I'm certainly not pumping more money into the worst gaming purchase I've made this year in order to actually play the proper game. I see the point but they're making the game worse for everyone to protect some leaderboards very few people actually give a shit about.

To be fair the weather was never intended for the original release, it was added due to the extra time they had with the delay. The DLC shouldn't have shipped on release either, its DLC. Why won't new buyers see the weather?

I'm confused.

::shiver::

Is there a RLLMUK D-List club of People Who Aren't Actually Terribly Good At Racing Games? All this talk of playing for two hours to shave of tenths of a second is a bit off-putting. I mean, more power to your elbows, but I ain't ever going to be able to compete at that level.

You don't have to do that, really. I never considered myself very good but I do have a competitive nature. Plus I find it really enjoyable, especially if you beat a time. Also bear in mind you still earn fame, especially if its a popular challenge for finished lower down the pecking order. Also, judging from my friend times on certain challenges there's varying skill levels :)

Plus you can always create a challenge, set it to invite only and just send it to players you know are around your own skill level.

• Upvote 1

The single player tour mode is perfectly fine without weather and always has been. It's can be tough to get some of the stars, but it's great fun. Thinking weather in tour events is going to change the the game significantly is nothing but hyperbole.

If you think the game is the worst you've bought pre weather patch, then weather isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

• Upvote 1

Surprisingly tempted by Drive Club. Especially if we have a club for people who can't drive.

I was once 250th in the world in Outrun 2 and loved the time attack nature of that, but I don't understand any racing game where you have to break in them (unless it is only ever to activate a drift).

• Upvote 1

I hope I haven't misunderstood, but you do know that all the DLC so far has been free, yes?

Sweet baby jesus the challenge Mortis has sent out in the Norwegian mountains is just NASTY with that snow. Can't see a thing half the time! :lol:

Yeah, that challenge was mental. Felt like a blindfolded Luke Skywalker trying to get around the track only using the force.

Surprisingly tempted by Drive Club. Especially if we have a club for people who can't drive.

I was once 250th in the world in Outrun 2 and loved the time attack nature of that, but I don't understand any racing game where you have to break in them (unless it is only ever to activate a drift).

You do need that brake. The tracks are generally quick with nice sweeping corners with the odd tight section (the tracks are great I might add, great use of elevation and camber generally) but in the faster cars you need to use that brake, and often!

You could shareplay with someone to get a feel for it? It does have shareplay right, folks?

You should have got in at launch, it was already thoroughly broken.