Rushy

DRIVECLUB - full game + season pass: £7.99 on PS+, Bikes expansion £6.49

They should really call the race off in these conditions. I'm going to do a Niki Lauda and head for the pits. It's just too risky.

I've got the Ice Creams ready.

I read somewhere that some cars have an over rev protection (forget the technical name) that stops you downshifting until you are in the right rev range.

Ah, cheers, makes sense :)

just got round to getting all points in the single player, well the first bit, 225.

the rain/snow looks amazing!

It's all gettin better but core mechanics are still fucked, wish I had been a tester in this.

Most courses are like bob sled runs

Collision physics are awful

Points other than stars seem meaningless

Anything to do with online still is too slow to bother with

Lighting and weather are great but what's the point with done amazing blue sky's for contrast

Weird spinny handling on too many of faster cars

Club aspect which should be core is flimsy at best

Ai is awful, but defo not helped by pencil thin tracks.

Single plater is fragmented and you feel no real progression

Challenges when working, I still have no idea why some are presented to me, one will be Rick hard, next ridiculously easy, I rarely recognize who challenge is from!

I still think good game in there, but fuck me tues guys needed some better guidance, it's all so screamingly obvious.

I can see with your attention to detail you'd make an excellent tester. For one plater, or even two plater.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is terrific now. Compulsive. Thrilling.

Come on now Graham. Some of us were into Driveclub before she came down the stairs, ready for prom, took off her glasses and made people blurt out "but.... but.... you're beautiful".

• Upvote 5

I can see with your attention to detail you'd make an excellent tester. For one plater, or even two plater.

Yeah sorry I typed that out one handed on my phone while putting the boy to sleep, barely makes sense, I will edit some sense into it.

Just had a quick race in the pouring rain around a Scottish Loch - it's beautifully executed and ups the challenge suitably. I was only in a Golf which makes me worry about ever using the X-Bow as that already handles like it's on ice. I hope they add more weather effects like fog and hail later on.

Think I'll buy the Season Pass this weekend.

Holy moly! I wanted to hold off on commenting about the latest patch to make sure I wasn't caught up too much in the initial excitement, but this game with weather is very special. The sense of sheer pant-staining fear Vs reward/excitement as you're going at 200MPH in heavy snow/rain in a last ditch attempt to grab first place, barely able to see a few feet ahead of you, knowing that you're either heading for victory or absolute annihilation at a turn you can't possibly see coming, is incredible. The one negative thing is that sometimes things get a little crazy and it seems like you're driving on a mirror, and there are now more situations in which you genuinely can't see shit due to the sun glare. Even if it's not raining the wet road reflects a setting sun really harshly. I mean it's kind of realistic as I've had that happen whilst driving, but then that's why you're supposed to carry sunglasses with you in your car (at least that's what I've always been told). There are times where it's a bit unfair as you literally cannot see the road yet the AI clearly can.

On the subject of the AI, I don't know if they've changed it again or it's just the way it reacts to the weather but I've seen AI cars go skidding off the track or into each other. I actually like it, it seems like they get caught out by the weather too which is nice. It really does change some tracks quite dramatically. It's now at a point where I would feel comfortable recommending the game to other people.

I do agree that the club aspect is a bit all over the place at the moment though. To be honest as far as I'm concerned it absolute irrelevant to the game and I'm only in a club so that I can get the cars it unlocks. None of us have actually ever played together, and the original owner left and passed on ownership of the club to me so at least I can now keep all the cars I unlocked, but the rest of my team hasn't played the game in over a month so I'm assuming they traded theirs in. As I said I'm not that bothered anyway, I don't feel any attachment to my club (other than my awesome colour scheme).

Rushy, is there any chance we could have some of the following as an update at some point?

- Glare reduction. It's absolutely brutal in some parts, like I literally can't see the course. Maybe the gamma setting patch will address this but now with wet roads it's pretty hard. I know some of this will be intentional but I literally can't see the track at points (I play with HUD off).

- Is there any way to turn off challenges? Sometimes I want to just drive/race on the track without the distractions of the on-screen prompts for challenges like the racing line one (although it's actually useful when the above problem is going on).

- Any chance we can have a Create a Tour mode or just a track playlist? I'd like to cue up a couple of tracks to play as a series.

- Is there any way you guys can blue up the sky for at least some of the locations? It doesn't have to be cartoonish, but blue sky days do exist in real life and would look great on the more colourful courses.

- Penalties feel better balanced to me now but especially now in the rain the AI has come crashing into me from behind and I get penalised. Any chance it can be balanced so that if you're accelerating and the AI smashes into you from behind then it doesn't count as a penalty against you? It's literally unavoidable at times. Not a biggie though because it's rarely one of the penalties that also has a speed penalty.

- Any chance of being able to manually engage the wipers? Sometimes in the rain the windshield is totally wet but the wipers are on their slowest setting. I wouldn't drive like that in a normal car much less at 200mph.

• Upvote 3

Genuinely hyped for the PS+ release now.

You should be, even the toned down PS+ version is something to get excited about now. One car on one track will keep you entertained for a while with dynamic weather and trying to beat challenges.

Weather looks great but I agreed with the points hean dog makes above; the gameplay suffers at the expense of the near photo realistic visuals and the desire to make everything looks dark and moody. This means you can't see where you are going which makes the knife edge handling frustrating rather than thrilling

Speaking of challenges, is anyone else finding that the events list in the 'Create Challenge' option bears little relation to events you've actually competed in recently? For example, I went to create a challenge last night for the course I had just raced, and the first result (with the clock saying it was completed a few seconds ago) was of a Drift event I hadn't played for weeks.

I thought the screen was supposed to be in order of your recent events, but it seems to (this is just a theory) be showing events you've played at some point in the past that friends have just raced in, mixed in with the last ones you have actually just played. So it's a bit confusing.

It would be nice for the 'Create Challenge' option that appears when you're on the Continue/Retry screen after a race, to automatically set up a challenge for the race you've just completed in. It doesn't do that, unfortunately - the option takes you out to the main list of events, which has the problem I just described above.

This was my first attempt at driving in the wet. Went with a car with loose back end to get the full thrills.

I later tried it in the Atom. That shit be impossible!

• Upvote 2

Tour races are still preset (I expect the Elements DLC will be races in various conditions) but you can do any single event and change the settings as you wish then send it out as a challenge.

So are there individual leaderboards for weather time trials? I'm not getting how this has been integrated (or not). Might bag a 2nd hand copy while I'm out

I'm not 100 percent sure about this actually. I'm assuming there is because I managed to get global first on that track shown in my video after a few tries and I'm not that good and its probably down to a handful of people using the car/track combo.

Just looked at the beginning of my video and there's a rain drop to the right side of the times at the top. So yes looks like its separate from dry conditions.

Loving both of the new tracks. I setup and sent a couple of challenges for each last night.

The Norway one in particular is great fun. It has a winning combination of dynamic weather, a nice sunrise, some long sweeping bends and even a bit of airtime!

You should be, even the toned down PS+ version is something to get excited about now. One car on one track will keep you entertained for a while with dynamic weather and trying to beat challenges.

I'll probably treat the PS+ version as a chunky demo. If I like it, I'll inevitably end up buying the full thing. Only the fact that's coming (and I have plenty of other stuff to play) is deterring me from just buying it now.

Rushy, is there any chance we could have some of the following as an update at some point?

- Glare reduction. It's absolutely brutal in some parts, like I literally can't see the course. Maybe the gamma setting patch will address this but now with wet roads it's pretty hard. I know some of this will be intentional but I literally can't see the track at points (I play with HUD off).

- Is there any way to turn off challenges? Sometimes I want to just drive/race on the track without the distractions of the on-screen prompts for challenges like the racing line one (although it's actually useful when the above problem is going on).

- Any chance we can have a Create a Tour mode or just a track playlist? I'd like to cue up a couple of tracks to play as a series.

- Is there any way you guys can blue up the sky for at least some of the locations? It doesn't have to be cartoonish, but blue sky days do exist in real life and would look great on the more colourful courses.

- Penalties feel better balanced to me now but especially now in the rain the AI has come crashing into me from behind and I get penalised. Any chance it can be balanced so that if you're accelerating and the AI smashes into you from behind then it doesn't count as a penalty against you? It's literally unavoidable at times. Not a biggie though because it's rarely one of the penalties that also has a speed penalty.

- Any chance of being able to manually engage the wipers? Sometimes in the rain the windshield is totally wet but the wipers are on their slowest setting. I wouldn't drive like that in a normal car much less at 200mph.

Thanks for the feedback, we're making a list of things like this and we'll attempt to include what we can.

• Upvote 7