Rushy

DRIVECLUB - full game + season pass: £7.99 on PS+, Bikes expansion £6.49

So are leaderboard and those pop-ups with friends scores on track 100% working now then? Haven't even tried to play this for weeks.

Looks as though there was some sort of leaderboard wipe by the last patch (didn't notice anything in pacth notes though) but yep leaderboards, ghosts and face-offs are working. In addition haven't noticed a drift score as an average speed score since patch although I thought they said that was still to be fixed.

Leaderboards have been working ever since half October. Same goes for those 'pop-ups' on tracks during driving them, which are actually called Face-Offs :)

Now it's the Challenges that I really hope come back soon - inviting others to beat your score. That worked for a while before/around release and really is digital crack.

It's not fundamentally broken though is it? Fundamentally broken imo implies unfixable and/or unplayable? As far as I can see it's only the Challenge Tile that isn't enabled, I've had very few issues since the last patch and haven't seen the red disconnect message at all post patch. It's like you're blinkered from seeing any of the improvements that have occurred since launch.

Take a card...

Haribo.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Leaderboards have been working ever since half October. Same goes for those 'pop-ups' on tracks during driving them, which are actually called Face-Offs :)

I last played after that and said Face-Offs were requiring me to average roughly 60 times the top speed of my car.

So no. They weren't.

Perhaps because they thought the server code was ok and they got caught out i.e. a genuine fuck-up rather than a conspiracy.

Live Ops are a nightmare because you get bugs you don't even see in a big beta. They should rename it to Why Is Barry Locked In The Server Room Crying Ops.

So, at what point can we consider this fixed such that buying it, it even taking positively about it, means you're not an apologist? I could ask the same thing in the Unity thread, where people who have bought it recently and are enjoying it are also getting laughed off stage left.

I'd say now. At first you literally couldn't get online, which meant you couldn't create/join clubs, which is one of the main points of the game (and which is required to unlock some cars). At some point it was pretty common to get speed challenges that were multiple times your car's top speed, but I haven't seen that happen in a while (although it could still be happening). Last week I had some connection issues online, but nothing too bad. New content is ok too, and of course the photo mode is now in.

The rest of the issues are a bit more design related. The fact that you can only have 4 different liveries/colour schemes at any one time is really odd but it's just a visual thing. There are still issues with the lighting where the player is literally blinded at points, or the sun glare obscures the signs still happens. I don't find this a problem online because everyone has the same handicap so it's more like a dynamic environmental hazard, but against the AI it can be annoying as they're clearly not affected by it. I always play racing games with music off during the races so the lack of music there doesn't annoy me, and I like the music on the menus. The "garage" mode feels really unfinished and basic. Normally I wouldn't care but this game was sold on being a car club and all this attention to detail that you would assume you'd have people walking around each other's garages etc but actually PGR 2 on the original Xbox had a significantly better garage mode. Jesus now I say that it does sound bad. Again it'll be a complete irrelevance to some people.

The thing is, other than wanting to play online with friends who have it then you're much better off waiting. 6 months down the line it'll be feature complete and it'll have more content and hopefully more tweaking. And it may be significantly cheaper. And there will be a PS+ version.

• Upvote 1

I dunno, I struggle to play online, between timezone differences and getting the kids to sleep. But if the ghosts and all that guff works, then it's likely ready for me. I'm not actually into the whole garage thing.

Thanks for the honest update!

I dunno, I struggle to play online, between timezone differences and getting the kids to sleep. But if the ghosts and all that guff works, then it's likely ready for me. I'm not actually into the whole garage thing.

Yeah got the same problems trying to get online... LOL.... the game may work fine :) I actually prefer racing against ghosts and times most of the time although a big race with loads of online cars can be fun too. Problem is I don't get a huge amount of time to practice so I'm not great online anyway. Prefer to flit around a bit with games too....

One thing I don't really get is the challenges/face-offs. A lot of them are really easy, like beat a 60kph average or something. How are these challenges set? Is it just the last person to have done that challenge? Are my times challenges for someone else? I don't quite get it.

I think they are only the ones for the car you are driving, they start off easy and get better and better until the only person left to beat is yourself:

7cxjLPy.jpg

Some more (less self-referential) pix:

D64JBGu.jpg

Xcj5aeZ.jpg

wMe7fAj.jpg

8zG9JzJ.jpg

Fuck the challenges I want replays ASAP!

• Upvote 7

Yeah give it a go then. I think people like me who pre-ordered or bought in on day one were pretty annoyed because we went into it expecting one thing and got quite another. As the game is at the moment I'm having a lot of fun with it when I boot it up. It's nowhere near as bad as the first month. Find a car that suits you and find a track you like and you might find your evening has very quickly disappeared. I'm really looking forward to weather and replays. I know some people aren't that bothered by replays but I'm one of those people that loves watching them again and again. I can't wait to see a lap with the Venom on replay.

• Upvote 3

Yeah give it a go then. I think people like me who pre-ordered or bought in on day one were pretty annoyed because we went into it expecting one thing and got quite another. As the game is at the moment I'm having a lot of fun with it when I boot it up. It's nowhere near as bad as the first month. Find a car that suits you and find a track you like and you might find your evening has very quickly disappeared. I'm really looking forward to weather and replays. I know some people aren't that bothered by replays but I'm one of those people that loves watching them again and again. I can't wait to see a lap with the Venom on replay.

My thoughts exactly. picking a nice car and doing some of the longer tracks for a time trail is great fun. I would love some longer tracks to be honest, that maybe lasted say 10 or 20 minutes, you could really appreciate the scenery and the day/night cycle then.

My thoughts exactly. picking a nice car and doing some of the longer tracks for a time trail is great fun. I would love some longer tracks to be honest, that maybe lasted say 10 or 20 minutes, you could really appreciate the scenery and the day/night cycle then.

Yeah I agree - basically a racing game with awesome cars, great long tracks and the time trial format.

Super Special Stages DLC please - pretty sure Evolution have a few stored away ^_^

It's great to see this game finally taking off properly thanks to all the new stuff :)

I'm still looking forward to the arrival of private online lobbies to really get the rllmuk racing spirit kickstarted here!

This thread needs new images to enjoy. Still (U1?) or moving, let's do it!

I recorded a lap around the Scottish Black Hills Race Track 3 in the DLC Caterham Sp/300.r. Watching it back makes me fall in love with the game all over again :wub:

• Upvote 1

This thread needs new images. Still (U1?) or moving, let's do it!

Will these two do you? ;)

15740501057_a8f08b3105_o.jpg

15306586263_b11d5d9afb_o.jpg

That 2nd one could be my new favourite.

I'm still in love with this game.. god knows what I'll be like when the replay mode and weather updates are finally released!

• Upvote 9

Will these two do you? ;)

15740501057_a8f08b3105_o.jpg

15306586263_b11d5d9afb_o.jpg

That 2nd one could be my new favourite.

I'm still in love with this game.. god knows what I'll be like when the replay mode and weather updates are finally released!

That second shot is amazing. One of the best ones I've seen.

Amazing shots, once again :D

I'm still mostly looking forward to private online lobbies. Once we get those, it's time for some serious forum racing competition!

Yeah. I've not played near enough of this, still not tried the new cars or courses yet but once the private lobbies and challenges are sorted I'm going to jump in again. Lets hope they can do one or the other for the Christmas break... :)

Still loving this.

When the weather is released how will it be implemented? If it's across the existing tours, surely it'll mess up the finely pitched star targets? I assume they'll create new tours or only use it in the singe race mode.

Still loving this.

When the weather is released how will it be implemented? If it's across the existing tours, surely it'll mess up the finely pitched star targets? I assume they'll create new tours or only use it in the singe race mode.

I doubt it'll be applied to the existing tours.

It'll be mainly used for the challenges I guess, when they're working anyway! The season pass does include tour events I think so they might well be some with weather conditions.

Still find the lack of communication with respect to the roadmap for this game frustrating.... When are things going to appear? Guess at least we've had one DLC pack. It would be great if there was an update on a rolling monthly basis as it would keep things fresh... Mind you saying that not been gaming much lately anyway so it may have plenty of updates when I next visit this... :)

Still find the lack of communication with respect to the roadmap for this game frustrating.... When are things going to appear? Guess at least we've had one DLC pack. It would be great if there was an update on a rolling monthly basis as it would keep things fresh... Mind you saying that not been gaming much lately anyway so it may have plenty of updates when I next visit this... :)

I seem to remember people complaining when they had nothing to update but posted a 'update' to say they had nothing to update other than they were working hard to sort the problems. Difficult balancing act I guess.

The idea was to have the photo mode and weather released before Christmas but this was before the major launch problems. The infographic said monthly updates too, free and season pass so I guess there's still some hope we'll get an update this month.