Rushy

DRIVECLUB - full game + season pass: £7.99 on PS+, Bikes expansion £6.49

Isn't this whole "Rushy went around negging people saying anything bad about the game" a load of bollocks that there's no actual evidence for bar maybe one neg or something anyway? And yeah, I know he's since negged Mortis on the previous page but then if people kept continually banging on and on about something that hasn't even been proven to be true then I probably would have too (plus it was only in response to an ill-deserved pos in that case). No need for it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

He negged me for saying the delay was a year when the date was announced!

I don't have any problem with him contributing/not contributing, but the idea that it's all a conspiracy to bash him is a bit mental.

• Upvote 1

I have tried it over SharePlay on a couple of occasions. Although it was not the best experience very difficult to judge.

I inquired about the PS+ edition because I strongly feel that Sony do not deserve me paying full price for the game thus I want to try it first.

The Rushy defence force need to take a step back & actually ask themselves was the game released in a fit & stable condition to warrant them paying full price for a game.

If we continue paying full price for rushed games then the publishers will continue to apply pressure on the developers to get a game out of the door in whatever state it is like the recent AC Unity, Halo MCC issues. If I'm paying full price for a game I expect it to have no issues. I would not buy a car if it only had three wheels so why should I buy a broken game.

Agree. Just buy it pre-owned - cheaper and about what its worth in the current state TBH. I wouldn't pay £50 for this. I've seen it at shopto for £37 though.... Happy with the £30 I paid for it though.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that *any* game focussed on on-line stuff will be fundamentally broken on launch in some way. So I won't buy.... Unless the game has a significant amount of game in single player mode. Kind of spoils the launch fun but not handing my money other for par-baked games at launch anymore especially as they get cheaper a month after launch anyway..

It is fairly obvious that Rushy can't post on here as all companies follow the rules of PR set by pharmaceutical companies many years ago - never admit to a failing as if you do all confidence will be lost in the company whereas you can ride out the bad press and relaunch a fixed product as new.

The humorous aspect of this games debacle are the loyal fans who are backing a fundamentally broken product and being negative against people who are speaking out against a broken game - having their beleaguered hero come along and neg people while only posting PR every now and again is baffling as it is a public showing of disdain against customers who have paid money for his product.

I am having a fair amount of fun with the game itself, even fully fixed it is never going to be a landmark racer but it is clearly a cut above average but it is still broken and now we are getting 'free' DLC worth 2.50 to paper over the cracks - this would be better recieved if the core game worked and does this mean the DLC packs are free until the game is fixed because it's not looking like this will be fixed before Decembers DLC and this months freebie can only be a reward for playing a broken game?

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

But even if the game was 100% working, you'd still be in here asking when the PS+ version is out? The amount you go on about it, I'm amazed you haven't just caved and bought an Xbone and FH2!

If the game was 100% working, the PS+ version would have been out a month ago.

• Upvote 3

I am having a fair amount of fun with the game itself, even fully fixed it is never going to be a landmark racer but it is clearly a cut above average but it is still broken and now we are getting 'free' DLC worth 2.50 to paper over the cracks - this would be better recieved if the core game worked and does this mean the DLC packs are free until the game is fixed because it's not looking like this will be fixed before Decembers DLC and this months freebie can only be a reward for playing a broken game?

Having fun with it myself. It's not a bad arcade racer at all.

Hoping the DLC is free in December too.... :) Also wondering when the weather is coming.. must be almost done I'd expect? The team were demoing it pre-launch guess they are just ironing out any glitches... probably wise given what this game has gone through so far.. :)

If the game was 100% working, the PS+ version would have been out a month ago.

If they released the PS+ version the cycle we have just had since October's release would just repeat itself. I don't think we'll be seeing a PS+ version for a while yet. Especially with all those DC & PS4 bundle packs heading out as Christmas gifts. I expect PSN will have a meltdown in January....

Just my 2 cents' worth on the Rushy thing but you guys can't have it both ways. Do you want him to come in here posting with his "civilian" hat on or with his "company" hat on? If you want him in here with his company hat on then he's not going to post at all. Why would he? Evolution and Sony are clearly in damage control mode and he'll be told where he can comment and what he can comment, and in that context this place is not very important. If you want him in here as a Rllmuk poster then don't harass him about work stuff. You guys wanted him to post, he posted some useful links, and he got shot down as soon as he did. I know it seems cosy in here and he's a forumite but this is a really public place. I get nervous talking about work stuff with close friends in my own house, you never really know what someone is going to accidentally let slip and losing your job over satisfying a friend's curiosity is not worth it. It's very easy to accidentally do, I did it recently to a couple of producer friends working on something. I had completely forgotten that a specific thing about that game was very secret and I started to loudly talk about it whilst we were on a night out, at which point they quickly had to stop me talking. Now imagine him dropping some "hard truths" in print here, you can see where this is going. He is never going to post anything in here that he would not be happy with being on Kotaku's front page. At best he might tell you something if he's drunk with you at the pub. At best.

Anyway, back to the game, as others have said I don't know if they have been patching it or whether I'm just getting better at it but I keep chipping away at the Tour mode stars and it's really growing on me. The clean lap stars can be a bit of a pain, yesterday I had a couple of attempts ruined by AI cars crashing into me from behind. I guess I could cheese it and go really slowly around the track at the back, but that's not fun. Trying to stay ahead though, on tight courses, sees the AI drafting me and then ramming me if they get side on with me and the track is too tight for me to get out of the way.

One thing I don't really get is the challenges/face-offs. A lot of them are really easy, like beat a 60kph average or something. How are these challenges set? Is it just the last person to have done that challenge? Are my times challenges for someone else? I don't quite get it.

• Upvote 7

Yeah came back to it after a bit of Forza 5 too.. Completely different games though very arcadey and fun Vs Forzas more sterile feel. Also like the tracks feel much more alive with much more environmental detail.

This will almost certainly I game I pick up and play often in between other games. Like trying to shave a bit of time off and driving around those glorious tracks though the various landscapes. Not even played this online yet TBH quite enjoying the little challenges that some up in tour mode, perfect corners and speed challenges etc. Nice touches.

Also it will keep getting updated from time to time throughout the forthcoming year keeping things fresh. Liking the new packs in the DLC.

I have a rather big issue with your calling Forza's so called sterile feel. Its not sterile - its more detailed.

You may think the whole combo of racing on a circuit is sterile and doesn't offer excitement but its not in the handling. Not compared to this. This is exciting to play.

Forza's excitement comes with much closer racing, enjoyable strategies and their ability to "slut you up" in with Vista. Oh and lots of great cars.

• Upvote 1

I have a rather big issue with your calling Forza's so called sterile feel. Its not sterile - its more detailed.

You may think the whole combo of racing on a circuit is sterile and doesn't offer excitement but its not in the handling. Not compared to this. This is exciting to play.

Forza's excitement comes with much closer racing, enjoyable strategies and their ability to "slut you up" in with Vista. Oh and lots of great cars.

Well thats what I meant. More focussed on purely racing and tuning etc. Learns more to the sim side and a customisers dream. It's a great game and is my favourite console sim type racer.

The Rushy defence force need to take a step back & actually ask themselves was the game released in a fit & stable condition to warrant them paying full price for a game.

Oh sod off, I don't think anybody was 'defending' Rushy, more just explaining for the BILLIONTH time why he won't be able to comment on any of the things you asked. And then saying that they found his return to posting to be about (free) DLC quite funny and slightly wrong.

For what it's worth I haven't bought, nor do I intend to purchase Driveclub. I think it's an absolute joke the state it got released in, likewise for Halo MCC and Assassin's Creed Unity. I'm in no way defending him/them releasing what is essentially a broken game, but you just can't expect him to be able to answer your questions, if it's not something that is already public knowledge.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Oh sod off, I don't think anybody was 'defending' Rushy, more just explaining for the BILLIONTH time why he won't be able to comment on any of the things you asked. And then saying that they found his return to posting to be about (free) DLC quite funny and slightly wrong.

For what it's worth I haven't bought, nor do I intend to purchase Driveclub. I think it's an absolute joke the state it got released in, likewise for Halo MCC and Assassin's Creed Unity. I'm in no way defending him/them releasing what is essentially a broken game, but you just can't expect him to be able to answer your questions, if it's not something that is already public knowledge.

I would have appreciated if you had quoted my whole post, where I later say I understand that Rushy can't comment. My original post after Rushy's post said when you can, some hard truths would be great.

It's been a troubled launch & I expect no-one is feeling the pressure more than Evolution.

I feel sorry for them & hope they come through this stronger.

I'm just one PS4 Gamer who is annoyed at the condition the game was released and thus decided that Sony were not getting my money. But that is nothing compared to the people at Evolution who have bills to pay & families to support.

Hopefully whatever was the cause of the on-line issues with the game has been fixed & the PS+ release will give the game a second lease of life.

The humorous aspect of this games debacle are the loyal fans who are backing a fundamentally broken product and being negative against people who are speaking out against a broken game - having their beleaguered hero come along and neg people while only posting PR every now and again is baffling as it is a public showing of disdain against customers who have paid money for his product.

It's not fundamentally broken though is it? Fundamentally broken imo implies unfixable and/or unplayable? As far as I can see it's only the Challenge Tile that isn't enabled, I've had very few issues since the last patch and haven't seen the red disconnect message at all post patch. It's like you're blinkered from seeing any of the improvements that have occurred since launch.

He negged me for saying the delay was a year when the date was announced! So I think it was pretty common.

So he negged you (although didn't neg Uncle Mike for saying pretty much the same thing in the next post), something that he's done to you twice in the entire thread, and that proves he was obviously on a massive negathon. Fair enough, I can only bow under the weight of evidence presented there :seanr: ShimmyHill has had four negs out of many bilious posts, but I wouldn't say any of those weren't justified to be honest. Many irritated posters remain entirely un-negged.

Overall painting him out to be going around negging people out of spite to the extent that's being implied is, as far as I can tell, complete bollocks. Anyway, I certainly don't begrudge him a few while he's sitting there drunk and crying over the whole affair.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just bought a ps4, what's the best way to get hold if this? Wait for the free version to be fixed? Not kept up on developments!

PS+ or pre-owned after Christmas will probably be best.

So, at what point can we consider this fixed such that buying it, it even taking positively about it, means you're not an apologist? I could ask the same thing in the Unity thread, where people who have bought it recently and are enjoying it are also getting laughed off stage left.

They delayed the release of the PS+ version and they've yet to announce a time frame for when to expect it. So you're left with either waiting or buying the full version.

Tip - wait.

i think its understandable that people want some answers. there is a mystery at the heart of this debacle. why was a very delayed game released in such a shady state?

oh course rushy can't post freely -but considering sony's silence - people are bound to feel aggrieved.

So, at what point can we consider this fixed such that buying it, it even taking positively about it, means you're not an apologist? I could ask the same thing in the Unity thread, where people who have bought it recently and are enjoying it are also getting laughed off stage left.

Actually, it's about ethics in NEVAR FORGETTING.

y8W5bwW.png

And i think its clear that people want some answers. there is a mystery at the heart of this debacle, why was a very delayed game released in such a shady state?

oh course rushy can't post freely -but considering sony's silence - people are bound to feel aggrieved.

Perhaps because they thought the server code was ok and they got caught out i.e. a genuine fuck-up rather than a conspiracy.

• Upvote 3

Got PS+ but it's "unavailable" on the the PSN store at the moment? Any other way?

You'll want the Driveclub Playstation Plus Edition Full Game Upgrade @ £34.99 rather than the Full game @ £49.99. Not sure if still available though.

In addition get £35 PSN credit from CDKEYS for £30.99 less 5% with their Facebook discount code.

• Upvote 1

Well thats what I meant. More focussed on purely racing and tuning etc. Learns more to the sim side and a customisers dream. It's a great game and is my favourite console sim type racer.

Oh okay :)