DRIVECLUB - being put to sleep by Sony in March 2020

Rushy

Does the season pass include everything, including the bikes?

Nope the season pass just covered all of the year one content (of which there was loads). Bikes cost extra but at a slightly discounted price for season pass holders.

Being a biker, i'm dead excited about this, and my bike is in there (saw it in the trailer) :)

However, not once in any game have i enjoyed controlling the bikes, just can't seem to take corners properly.

Unfortunately I doubt this will be the one to convert you, it's still very much on the arcade side of things in terms of handling & collisions etc.

Regarding the 12 gig update, that's cumulative since Driveclub was released, the bike patch is a gig ish, watching the download go.

Where do I buy the bikes? In the dash, it shows the new bike content, but clicking on it takes me to ask the previous dlc I got from the season pass.

I feel it's slightly naughty to release this with no new tracks and before you have the chance to buy into season pass 2, which I have no doubt there will be.

Yeah and before private lobbies have been sorted out too! The basic game is not yet finished and they want you to spend more money on it.

I really don't understand why it isn't possible to at least try one bike out on the tracks that you already own to see if the handling is any good.

what an amazing surprise!

More than happy to purchase, its such a bloody shame this had such a crap launch and torrid time. Hope the current sales figures are steady and its become an overall success.

The grumbles of pay to play although justified, are kind of part and parcel, with something like this, or BF4 for example, whether its map packs, courses or cars end up being great value if its a game you love and is your go to.

Nobody is forcing anyone, its your choice.

It's the age we live in where games are just too cheap so have to be divided up and sold piecemeal.

It's not like this is content that's been there and held back since day one though.

Yes would be better if it formed part of the year 2 season pass, but compared to other games I feel the DLC pricing has offered incredible value for money... So I don't mind chucking another tenner their way.

I would assume that season pass 2 will feature more cars/bikes/tours with freely released tracks along the way, but won't ever include this. So you'll end up owning a load of bikes without being able to use them if you don't buy this.

Mildly cunning, but I also don't really like bike racing in any game except Sega's Manx TT Superbike, so I don't really mind either way.

There's a VR version of DC at Paris games week:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-28-driveclub-debuts-on-playstation-vr-and-its-mightily-impressive

Following a single race, I'm pleased to say that it works, and it works well. VR's always been a good fit for racing games, and DriveClub only proves that. Being able to look to apex gives an extra layer of fidelity, and when matched with a good steering wheel - in this case Thrustmaster's T300 - it's one of the most authentic VR experiences you can get. The visual fidelity of DriveClub is largely intact, too - it's a little more sparse, but not distractingly so, and Evolution has been able to hit 60fps without the resolution taking a dive.

Sounds pretty bloody good.

It's not like this is content that's been there and held back since day one though.

Yes would be better if it formed part of the year 2 season pass, but compared to other games I feel the DLC pricing has offered incredible value for money... So I don't mind chucking another tenner their way.

No I'm not accusing them of holding content back but the game was released in an unfinished state, and the model these days is to continue selling content to customers way after release. Some of it's better value than others. I got the game for £20 anyway but that was quite some time after launch. I'm interested in the bikes pack but I do think it's a tad pricey at the moment, so I'll wait.

I think they've made up for the dreadful launch. Some of the DLC was given away for free, the season pass was extended, etc., not to mention the price tanked. Bikes and so forth are, arguably, entirely separate content now. We're presumably well down the path of initial release complete and into iteration.

Or maybe that's not the point you're making, but I think most of us have had our money's worth out of the game.

Yeah that's the point I'm making. We have to get used to what we get at launch not being the all inclusive definitive version. That's just the way it is now. Some content will be held back, some will be developed following the success of the game.

Yeah that's the point I'm making. We have to get used to what we get at launch not being the all inclusive definitive version. That's just the way it is now. Some content will be held back, some will be developed following the success of the game.

New way of doing things. Suppose its been a bit like that tail end of the last generation. Base game + DLC.

Kind of suits me fine TBH because if I like the game I want to continue getting new bits to keep it interesting. Rather than paying say £70-80 upfront for a game and never playing half of it.

Going off topic a bit here but what I'd really like is game sub service like Netflix. Pay say £10-15 PCM and play anything you want. Although not sure if this is compatible with the way games are financed etc - especially AAA games.