IGNORED

DRIVECLUB - being put to sleep by Sony in March 2020

Rushy

? It looks pretty bloody amazing at the moment already, what imrovements are missing? Fog maybe? Snow that builds up? Or is it more likely just to be more lens flare and shinyness?

Where's season pass part deux? Less of the more shiny, want more tracks :P

Paris Game Show next month, probably then.

It does look bloody amazing but I must say I don't like the snowstorm effect particularly at night, you really can't see anything, it's too hard. I do generally use the chase cam view by the way, maybe it's better with wipers?

That was always the purpose I think, adding varying degrees of difficulty with the weather and day/night cycle. But yeah, it's not easier to see with internal cameras either :P

I play exclusively in cockpit mode with the hud and map off (not because I'm awesome at the game, I just find it more immersive). Driving events at night in a snow blizzard I pretty much have to use the force to get around the track, which I like, it is fairly realistic.

Graphical improvements I can't even think what they would be really.

I thought the lightning and how it lights up the area was actually pretty good, better than just a non-desript flash?

The one thing that I find really weird is the odd sound effects, even when you're racing on a time trial and there are no other cars to make weird noises, there are sounds like cannons going off occasionally. Or that's the closest thing I can think it sounds like...

Really? We get a lot of lightning out here in the prairie, looks pretty spot on to me.

Love the comment about snow at night - using the force is exactly what's required.

In game it's just a blue zig-zagged line that glows, I've never seen lightning that looks like that. That it lights up everything else is fairly nice, but the actual bolt doesn't look anywhere near realistic to me.

Shrug.

So ghosts haven't been working properly all week and it seems to be getting worse now.

Also the level 63 time-trial challenge can fuck right off, I'm 3 seconds off the pace on a track with like 2 corners in an Audi estate car. There's no way I can make up another 3 seconds it's ridiculous, has anyone actually done it?

So ghosts haven't been working properly all week and it seems to be getting worse now.

Also the level 63 time-trial challenge can fuck right off, I'm 3 seconds off the pace on a track with like 2 corners in an Audi estate car. There's no way I can make up another 3 seconds it's ridiculous, has anyone actually done it?

What problems have you seen with ghosts? We've had no reports of any issues.

The level 63 Elite Challenge is most definitely the hardest one up to 75. Here's a guide to help you out:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDVsaK3j0ug

What problems have you seen with ghosts? We've had no reports of any issues.

The level 63 Elite Challenge is most definitely the hardest one up to 75. Here's a guide to help you out:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDVsaK3j0ug

Hey thanks for your help I'm sorry I sound so angry, it's not an excuse but I've been cooped up in my house for 5 days recovering from surgery I think it's getting to me.

Re Ghosts: When I enter a timetrial I have completed before I do not get my fastest ghost, instead I get a ghost of the best lap I've done that session and occasionally my fastest friends ghost but not always. At points this week I've lost all ghosts completely (last night that happened and the other day when I was trying to beat U-1's weekly challenge).

There seems to be no settings I can find for controlling which ghosts will be activated.

Thanks for the youtube video I'll have a look.

Yep, the ghosts have always been a bit weird, same problems as the guys. It would be lovely to be able to chose a ghost from challenge competitors or a leaderboard or friend list, or multiple ghosts. They're really helpful when they work so I want them there but better implementation or more clarity on what is supposed to happen at the very least, it's all a bit random.

@Rushy @Yewone: from the Playstation Blog re: new PS4 firmware feature :

"Events: A new hub for Events has been added to PS4, accessible from the home screen. This will give you an overview of activities taking place in the games you play most, as well as official broadcasts. For instance, here’s an in-game racing event taking place in Project Cars, which you can register for directly from the Events hub."

Wouldn't this facilitate the setup of what's been organized now ?

A few pics to be getting on with:

Competition area:

27D3C026-B7B1-47D9-BCFF-9E9ADB904C36.jpg

The chairs were awesome!

3F52485F-34FF-4ECD-B974-C0D587027544.jpg

Cake!!!

3832DC39-9B72-4929-9FF8-49A7B09B49C0.jpg

Rushy!

BA4DB00D-D9C8-4B29-84C2-FB575D9DAB2F.jpg

F35D93AD-3D5D-4F5B-A1F1-6B255F36D306.jpg

Took a few vids of the weather and photo mode but need to sort them out before posting

Realised earlier that it was a year ago to the day that I (and a few others from here) first started playing Driveclub... and I've barely been off the bloody thing since!

No denying that it's come a long way since those early days, and seriously cant wait to see what the next year has in store.

Happy (unofficial) Birthday Driveclub!

Yeah saw this pop up on my Timehop. Was a great evening that (made all the better when we won!)

Indeed the game has come a long way since release and looking at threads on here and Neogaf over the last 12 months the turn around has been nothing short of spectacular and I really hope this is reflected in the sales figures (for the game and season pass).

Happy birthday DC.