DRIVECLUB - being put to sleep by Sony in March 2020

Rushy

For those who have played it with the wheel, out of interest have any of you tried it with 'Wheel Assist' turned off?

Also if using the T300 I recommend running with 100% Force Feedback and High Vibration settings.

Cheers, will give this a try next time I play :) However, drifting is really hard with a wheel as it takes far longer to turn that around than to just flick the left stick on a DS4.

Week 2 is go...

RLLMUK Driveclub Time Trial - Week 02

11873413_10152996572126857_1229140839508

Car: Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4

Event Type: Time Trial

Duration: 5 Days (expires 29/08/15 22:30)

Ooh, I missed this is happening - may have to get stuck in!

I was on the fence re: the Season Pass for a long time, but bought it after a few drinks a few weeks back and it has really made me get back into the game again. Firing it up for quick bursts on new challenges, with new cars and (especially) zooming around in the Lamborghinis is ludicrously fun.

Out of interest, who's still playing in Thunderwolf? I know Seemonster is, but if other folks could let me know if they're either active or out, that would be great.

Am I in Thunderwolf? I think I am.

I fired it up yesterday for the first time in ages but didn't go online as it needs another update.

I should really get the season pass but the faster cars seem far too quick for my tired old reactions.

I said I wasn't going to buy the DLC because of the debacle at launch. I bought a second-hand copy of the game for the same reason...The support after launch might have been decent, but one would suspect it might have been a little less generous if they'd made their money when they meant to.

Plus the whole hassle of spending money on PSN with the hackery. Getting your account hacked and PS4 disabled doesn't exactly encourage digital purchases.

SP will not be around forever.

Is that based on anything? I don't know of any season passes that have been removed.

I said I wasn't going to buy the DLC because of the debacle at launch. I bought a second-hand copy of the game for the same reason...The support after launch might have been decent, but one would suspect it might have been a little less generous if they'd made their money when they meant to.

To be fair I think the content of the Season Pass was defined prior to launch although there was an extra month at the beginning and maybe it's been extended a bit at the end.

Also support post launch has been fantastic, Codemasters, SMS, EA etc. could learn a thing or two.

I understand concerns re digital too but this game benefits massively from being instantly available when a challenge pops up.

To be fair I think the content of the Season Pass was defined prior to launch although there was an extra month at the beginning and maybe it's been extended a bit at the end.

Also support post launch has been fantastic, Codemasters, SMS, EA etc. could learn a thing or two.

I understand concerns re digital too but this game benefits massively from being instantly available when a challenge pops up.

I more meant the free stuff that's outside the pass. Things like privat...Y'know. The other bits. There was a lot of pressure to get the perception of the game right to avoid Sony being further embarrassed. See also, having their company functionally shut down due to the mess of the launch.

Is that based on anything? I don't know of any season passes that have been removed.

I did say that I thought it had been suggested but in all honesty I can't seem to find the information to back that up. if you don't think £20 is a good deal for all the content and additional stuff then fair enough.

In terms of the game's quality at launch, yes it was a little frustrating and the lack of features wasn't ideal but the gameplay and handling has alway shone through to me and now we do have all the features it feels head and shoulders above other games that have gone down the socially connected route. It's also far more stable and well built than a lot of games, even back when the server infrastructure/code couldn't take the volume of players.

All of this stuff continuously getting released for it and the announcement of another year has made the whole experience really exciting on a regular basis which is incredibly rare. Even now there's still so much to do in the game, I've never begrudged giving Evo my money.

I did say that I thought it had been suggested but in all honesty I can't seem to find the information to back that up. if you don't think £20 is a good deal for all the content and additional stuff then fair enough.

In terms of the game's quality at launch, yes it was a little frustrating and the lack of features wasn't ideal but the gameplay and handling has alway shone through to me and now we do have all the features it feels head and shoulders above other games that have gone down the socially connected route. it's also far more stable and well built than a lot of games, even back when the server infrastructure/code couldn't take the volume of players.

All of this stuff continuously getting released for it, and the announcement of another year, has made the whole experience really exciting on a regular basis which is incredibly rare.. Even now there's still so much to do in the game, I've never begrudged giving Evo my money.

Occasional reminder that I did make it my Gamestyle Game of the Year last year. If they release a Game of the Year edition with the DLC included I'm pretty sure it'll have my name on it somewhere...

It's nothing to do with value, I'd just rather give them less money, especially as it's not even supporting future projects from a talented studio. Sony made gamers act as server code testers and I don't approve of that. If there was a way I could hand over twenty quid to the devs to spend on beer on a Friday I would do that, but giving it to Sony doesn't appeal.

Driveclub has been reasonably successful and continues to be, the team have probably learnt an awful lot and DC2, or a new Motorstorm are far more likely now than 6 months ago.

Well, they are not likely if people insist on buying Driveclub second hand and don't invest in the additional content. You want new games from Evo but you think not buying their stuff is the way to encourage that? Forget Sony, this is a great game (which you agree with), made by a fantastic developer who clearly needs support from the community.

They had a meeting with Sony very recently and then announced a whole year of additional stuff and most likely another SP is coming so they're not quite as dead as you suggest.

Why do you think they've just had a meeting? They announced Evo would be focusing on Driveclub as a service when they made the redundancies. If there wasn't going to be more DLC the studio would have been shut down entirely at that point.

To "forget Sony" when they made such a mess of it, when it's a game they published, made by one of their studios and that they've fired the core development team of seems a little generous.

It is a great game and I'm glad people are supporting it, I just don't think that is a message I want to send personally.

I like to think they've just had a meeting to discuss how Driveclub has actually performed very well, better than expected considering the launch issues and the fact it's a new IP and that Sony are fully behind Evo continuing to support it as a service for another year, as well as start thinking about either DC2 or a new Motorstorm ;)

I like to think they've just had a meeting to discuss how Driveclub has actually performed very well, better than expected considering the launch issues and the fact it's a new IP and that Sony are fully behind Evo continuing to support it as a service for another year, as well as start thinking about either DC2 or a new Motorstorm ;)

I would love a new Motorstorm (my favourite last gen racing series), hell even a definitive collection would be great.

RLLMUK Driveclub Time Trial - Week 02 Results

11953258_10153007086306857_6891516426382

11924769_10153007086896857_2937999613918

.. a much better turnout this week, which saw 14 of us attempting in vain to topple Spatular from the top spot. The leaderboard is starting to take shape now too.

Driveclub Time Trial Leaderboard:

results%20week2.png

Weeks 3's event has just been issued, and its still not too late to join in. Just post your PSN ID in this following thread and Ill drop you an invite:

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/287809-rllmuk-driveclub-time-trial-league/#entry10544267

Thanks for arranging this U-1, I think DC (and all driving games) need a league and/or season option. :)

I am pretty sure I'm going to finish DFL in this league, though will at least attempt a time each week to give you all someone to thrash! BTW, I'm going to be away from 3-18 September - any chance I can submit a screen shot of my time when I'm back or do the rules mean we just forfeit those weeks?

I am pretty sure I'm going to finish DFL in this league, though will at least attempt a time each week to give you all someone to thrash! BTW, I'm going to be away from 3-18 September - any chance I can submit a screen shot of my time when I'm back or do the rules mean we just forfeit those weeks?

Unfortunately it might become a bit of a nightmare to retrospectively update the scoreboards once a weekly event has finished. So I'd prefer to keep it to times posted during the actual week.. Sorry :(

so no one has an excuse not to buy now! Seriously the season pass is excellent. I always see the selection of races on offer in the different tours as a sort of the game designers applying their knowledge to give good exciting combinations of cars/tracks/day cycle/weather to give the ultimate blend. Much better than just doing random races once you are done with the main tour.