rllmuk
Rushy

DRIVECLUB - being put to sleep by Sony in March 2020

Servers seem to be having problems today.

Yeah not really working for me today

Had a spare hour or so to play on (I think it was) Thursday night and couldn't get anything working in MP. Got in the lobby and then "error communicating with players" or some shit message. Tried it about 4 times, about 15 minutes wasted, couldn't get any challenges to load either, so I gave up and have not returned since.

Coming up to 3 months since this was posted through my letterbox... :facepalm: My glass is half empty on this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I managed to get some time with this yesterday. I'm playing catchup on collecting stars I'd missed before going any further on with the events and making good progress in picking them up. Don't know if I'm getting better or the patches have made the game a bit easier!

Still loving it. Still need to join a club!

I think I've finally kicked my Destiny habit so considering something to tide me over for a few weeks at least.

How is this over Vita remote play? I only ask as I seem to be using it more and more at the moment but wasn't sure how well it would work on a driving game.

I think I've finally kicked my Destiny habit so considering something to tide me over for a few weeks at least.

How is this over Vita remote play? I only ask as I seem to be using it more and more at the moment but wasn't sure how well it would work on a driving game.

I've played it once on remote play and it was fine. But I'm the kind fo player who still gets confused about the concept for slowing for corners.

I suspect high level play will be nigh on impossible without analogue triggers.

I've enjoyed it from the off. Although I'm working through it at a snails pace and not fussed about the online stuff, which probably answers why I wasn't upset about the launch like many were. The launch period was pretty shoddy due to the server issue, but between the patches and new content the game is really shining now.

There were no new reported server issues tonight, what problems did you have?

Thanks for responding. The multiplayer function was ghosted out, but other games such as fifa were working online fine and my wifi connection was operating at a good click. Tried restarting the game and ps4, didn't help. Glad to it was just me, I'll give it another go this evening.

So as it turns out if you download the PS+ Upgrade thing without deleting the disc version you still can't launch it. I had to delete the whole thing and redownload it.

Rushy, the game runs but it's downloading bits of DLC and stuff. While it's doing this does the game have to be running or can I play something else/put the PS4 in rest mode?

This morning I entered some online events with one car available (Pagani Huayra), but a few people ended up with a Mercedes instead. I've no idea if they are somehow intentionally entering the wrong car (nor to what end, since that car has no chance against the Pagani).

Also, I'm not sure I've ever had a race with all 12 slots filled that actually got past the "syncing with players" stage. This seems to be where a lot of races just fail totally.

Anyone else with the T300RS wheel have a problem with Driveclub resetting the rotational sensitivity to 900-degrees after restarting? It's not a problem except in drifting where I would like more sensitivity.