rllmuk
Rushy

DRIVECLUB - being put to sleep by Sony in March 2020

You certainly have my respect for nailing it, and so quickly too.

It's just frustrating as it's such an obvious difficulty spike. Although having said that, all will probably be forgiven if I do eventually manage it.

The only things stopping me from seriously getting in to DC now is the lack of private lobbies and the fact that most of my fellow racers have G2x wheels and have yet to be tempted.

I hope logitech and Sony sort something out for DC and PCars I miss my track time.

Things i wanna see next and very soon in Driveclub:

1. Private lobbies (with possibility of choosing specific tracks, specific cars, weather on/off , kicking retards, chat write/talk ,password protected on/off);

2. An oval Speedway Track (any oval speedway track, even if it's not from real life);

3. F1/F2/Indy/Nascar cars (one of them at least ;doesnt matter if they are not existing in real life or if they dont have licences)

Just like it was the Formula GranTurismo in GT games ...

4. possibility to buy the Season Pass or DLC from US PSN Store ,even if u have the European/Asian version of the game and most important TO WORK in the game.

I've heard the private lobbies are coming up, so Rushy hurry up and deliver them fast , cause i'm really tired to play Destruction Derby in Driveclub. I'm a good /clean driver that actually use the brakes every time ...

Rally?

Each of the Gamestyle staff have chosen a Game of the Year...I plumped for Driveclub:

http://gamestyle.com/feature/gamestyle-game-year-2014-andrew/

Because it is very good indeed. It's a complete disgrace that the launch was as awful as it was, but now it's working properly again after Christmas it really is a fantastic racer. Fingers crossed that the extra content keeps it going for a long time to come.

• Upvote 3

I think one of the best things about Driveclub is that when you are doing 170mph it really feels like you are doing 170mph. Too many racing games just make the scenery whizz past quicker, but here things start to wobble and you feel like the whole thing is going to come crashing any minute.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It usually does, too.

I like the puzzle aspect of it - I've just done a challenge (short-circut, 51 second target) where I've hacked a good 4 seconds off what felt like a decent lap time by working out where the leader is picking up time. He's still 1 second ahead, but I now know exactly which bits I've got to nail to sail past him.

That's exactly what made racing the staff ghosts in F-Zero X on the N64 so great. First you had to work out the configuration the developer was using and then it was a case of copying his exact behaviour and find out at what point he made the slightest mistake, retrying over and over again. It was hard as hell but so satisfying once you finally shaved off just a couple of hundreds of seconds.

On topic: how's the multiplayer in this at the moment? Is there any kind of co-op aspect present or only competitive modes?

Fucking love this game so much, got the platinum trophy + all stars a while ago and nearly completed all of the accolades now; just locations, single/club challenges and 'All about the win' to go and I'll be finished, then it's onto the club accolades! I'm currently ranked 978th in the world single player and my club is just over 2000th as I have converted so many of my friends over to the game and we play whenever possible - can't wait for the next bunch of DLC.

I have the preorder liveries for my cars but don't know how to get the special edition content, I play the game so much that I'd really like those liveries. Does anybody know what I can do to get hold of them beyond buying the physical SE game, using the codes and selling it? I don't want to do that.

• Upvote 2

That looks lovely U-1

£23.86 at Amazon I'm tempted not really enjoying Forza Horizon 2 on the xbox (not played it in two weeks).

Still enjoying this and now with the online stable enough, I set up a club called Road Bombers.

So, anyone want to join?

Gamer tag - nagasakibomber

Must add, I'm happy with any skill levels but im pretty hard core on TT.

Still enjoying this and now with the online stable enough, I set up a flu called Road Bombers.

So, anyone want to join?

Gamer tag - nagasakibomber

Must add, I'm happy with any skill levels but im pretty hard core on TT.

Excellent auto-correct typo there.

This arrived today, that second hand £18 copy from Amazon Warehouse was brand new and sealed! After several hours downloading the patch, I managed the first race before work and I quite like the handling. Graphically it looks great, though I feel the trees look a little flat, not sure if that is just me.

I feel the trees look a little flat, not sure if that is just me.

Yeah the trees look pretty poor! Visually its a stunning game though the level of detail lavished on the cars is amazing. If you look around the scenery whilst taking some photos you'll notice all sorts of graphical details.

(and £20 is about the right price for it IMHO)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1