rllmuk
Rushy

DRIVECLUB - being put to sleep by Sony in March 2020

Any lurkers that need a club feel free to join Rllmuk Lurkers

Thanks. I've joined up but not played much yet. I haven't really devoted much timing to driving games in the past, other than PGR, GT and Blur but enjoying this so far. It already has me retrying tracks and events to improve times compared to other games where you finish an event, move on and never go back.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Game update 1.09 is now live featuring stability improvements, audio updates & leaderboard fixes

FYI - Its an incremental patching system, which you means you only download the difference. So the total of ALL patches is 2.5GB, but 1.08 to 1.09 is approx 200mb.

That's weird, I'm on 1.08 and it's still downloading the full 2.5GB

I applied just now too, can race tonight if anybody is around ( and i get accepted :) )

Think the club is full now, sorry. Will double check once patch has downloaded

PGR drift events had cone gates.

FUCK CONE GATES!

There was a drift race in one of the later PGRs that took place around tight, winding streets in Edinburgh; with cone gates a'plenty; and very tight time limits and very high Kudos requirements; and a goddamn mother fucking tail-happy AC Cobra to drive around it in. It almost cost me a pad, it did cost me a chunk of my sanity, but fuck me did I feel good when I did it.
  • Upvote 2

Drifting using a wheel is tough, much like in real world. Even on a skid-pan I struggled, and I was only just getting the hang of it by the end of the session.

My best advice is to watch this:

And if you've got wheel assist turned off you'll need to be even quicker with the counter steer.

Nice one Rushy, I cam totally see where I've been going wrong, not enough poooowerrr!

• Upvote 1

Drifting using a wheel is tough, much like in real world. Even on a skid-pan I struggled, and I was only just getting the hang of it by the end of the session.

My best advice is to watch this:

And if you've got wheel assist turned off you'll need to be even quicker with the counter steer.

That's funny: possibly my favourite way to play this game on my own involves selecting a nice sports car and blasting around the Black Hills Race Track in Scotland for a good while - chucking it into corners at times for good measure.

That makes me feel a bit like Harris at times, especially after watching some of his sideways shenanigans at the Anglesea track - which strongly reminds me of Black Hills, actually :)

• Upvote 1

That's weird, I'm on 1.08 and it's still downloading the full 2.5GB

Think the club is full now, sorry. Will double check once patch has downloaded

When patching it always shows the full amount of all the updates combined (for DRIVECLUB anyway). So yes its says 2.5gb but you're only downloading 200mb, it just has to 'verify' the first chunk of data not download it.
  • Upvote 1

When patching it always shows the full amount of all the updates combined (for DRIVECLUB anyway). So yes its says 2.5gb but you're only downloading 200mb, it just has to 'verify' the first chunk of data not download it.

That's what I expected to happen, but I sat there and watched it download the full 2.5GB so not sure what's up with that. No biggie.

Loving the game by the way!

Decided to give this a go after things finally seeming to get sorted out in regards to patches etc. Really glad I did as I'm really enjoying it, the handling is perfect for me and the courses have been great from what I've played (about 2 hours or so).

I tell you something I appreciate the most though - it's very 'minimalistic' in a way and I love it that it does that. What I mean is no voiceovers, no bullshit - just courses, cars and the noises of your engine/score. No annoying cunt going 'HEY WOO, WELCOME AND ENJOY THE GAME! DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU GO TO OPTIONS MENU TO TWEAK YOUR HANDLING ????' Ugh. Also no music festival presentation either, that's a big bonus. I guess some would call it boring but to me it's leaving out 'fluff' I don't want or need.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Shots fired...

Does the multiplayer work yet ?

Are you:

(1) asking for a friend

(2) genuinely interested as you've bought a PS4 or;

(3) trolling?

The answer is yes, or at least it was fine when I dipped my toe in a couple of days ago. Got straight into a match with Haribo, who pipped me at the last bend.

• Upvote 4

Shots fired...

Does the multiplayer work yet ?

Oh aye Forza Horizon :lol: Honestly Boozy I wasn't even thinking of FH when I wrote that (even though I'm not a big fan of FH either), I was thinking more of Codemasters in recent years like with Dirt 2. The way they changed from the Colin McRae games I loved and grew up with as a kid to the games they've released in recent years. All that Ken Block X-STREEEEAAAAAM shit I can't fucking stand.

• Upvote 1

That drifting guide didn't help at all. It basically seems like the game is reliant on handbrake drifting rather than using power alone - it's incredibly difficult to get the back end out based on throttle. The scoring mechanic is also a bit obtuse - is it based on angle, speeds, both or something else?

I think my only other criticism is some corner markers are a bit misleading - greens can tighten into bends that need quite heavy braking for whereas some yellows can be absolutely blasted through at full throttle. I guess that's a case of learning the courses though.

Between this and The Crew, I'm loving racing games at the moment.

Oh aye Forza Horizon :lol: Honestly Boozy I wasn't even thinking of FH when I wrote that (even though I'm not a big fan of FH either), I was thinking more of Codemasters in recent years like with Dirt 2. The way they changed from the Colin McRae games I loved and grew up with as a kid to the games they've released in recent years. All that Ken Block X-STREEEEAAAAAM shit I can't fucking stand.

I kinda feel obliged to post this when it comes up but that change wasn't a game thing, or even a Ken Block thing. It was a Colin thing. That was the focus of his career and really passion later on.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/25/Colin_Mcrae%2BTravis_Pastrana%2BKen_Block.jpg

It’s interesting playing this in conjunction with Forza Horizon 2; I think the main thing that jumps out is that the wet road effect in Driveclub, with its puddles, varying textures and ruts along the verge is light-years ahead of the same effect in FH2, which just looks like the road is out of focus. And even that would have looked incredible if I hadn’t seen Driveclub, it’s just that the wet tarmac in that looks fucking photorealistic.

Weirdly, the actual rain effect looks better in FH2 – it doesn’t have that starfield/hyperspace effect, which is a bit distracting at night.

I kinda feel obliged to post this when it comes up but that change wasn't a game thing, or even a Ken Block thing. It was a Colin thing. That was the focus of his career and really passion later on.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/25/Colin_Mcrae%2BTravis_Pastrana%2BKen_Block.jpg

http://youtu.be/ETUkSlvlp78

"If in doubt, flat out."

Is anyone in a club with any space for new members? I'm looking for a home.

Team Lard has a huge amount of free space at the moment.

Has anyone else tried this in remote play? The controls seem to be completely different to how they are defined in the remote play settings in the game. I just want gears to be on X and O, but they're always the other 2 buttons, which doesn't even seem to be the default. Confused.

Kicked SeanR out of Horlixdix today, he's just too inactive. Sorry dude.

Oh oh..... better boot the game up at some point. Not had much time to play of late... :)

Too tired these days to put the time in. I'll start it, get overwhelmed by the choice and the breadth, and play something easier.

Have the same problem sometimes.... Thing is with DC is that its an ideal pick up and play game TBH. However only enjoy time trailing so much....

So much to play and so little time.... wish I'd stuck to my one console only this gen rule and not bought another one sometimes as it makes the decisions about what to play even more difficult. Sigh. When will I ever learn. Its Sony's fault for stuffing up the DriveClub launch.... and MSs fault for stuffing up the XBO launch dammit... LMAO.

If they both would have got things right I would only still have one console now... :D