DRIVECLUB - being put to sleep by Sony in March 2020

I'm finding the DLC challenges much harder than the regular tour. Getting all the stars is a bitch. Anyone else finding this or am I just rubbish?

Same. Has put me off getting any more really. Too damn fast/hard!

Rushy can you also give a quick slap to whoever's idea it was to pop a 2,200 point drift challenge into that BMW M5 event on the Elements DLC.

Managed to do it, but by god it was frustrating, didn't help that the corners were upbank, the cars underpowered and the sector right at the end of the lap.

Oh and please don't lower the difficulty too much, it's should be a challenge to get 3 stars on each event.

I think the difficulty is perfect, only event I had to try more than a couple of times was 'Venom Hot Lap 2' which I expected. The joy upon completing that was amazing (although not as much as the original VHL) and it would be a shame to not have at least one event that makes you rip your hair out. Unfortunately this is the kind of shit developers have to deal with - completely contrasting opinions. I don't envy Rushy for having to read this.

Driveclub is my favourite racing game of all time now btw. PGR4 has been bumped to a proud second, followed by Sega Rally.

Oh and please don't lower the difficulty too much, it's should be a challenge to get 3 stars on each event.

It should be a challenge but I think unlocking the second half of the tour needs to be easier. I've only managed one star on the X-Bow race (why four laps not three?) with a best place finish of 10th. I think you could save that kind of difficulty spike for the second part of the tour.

One other bit of feedback.. Possibly ease up on the number of drift events. One per DLC pack would be sufficient for me. As it stands they seem a bit too frequent and are definitely the weakest element of the game.

One other bit of feedback.. Possibly ease up on the number of drift events. One per DLC pack would be sufficient for me. As it stands they seem a bit too frequent and are definitely the weakest element of the game.

Yeah I really dislike the drift events, I don't even try them now.

It's weird too, as a early build I played they seemed to be much better. Same setup but the drift didn't feel like it was focused on speed/angle and more to do with a controlled drift. I might be miss remembering though.

Does anyone actually like drift events? Drifting in driving games is obviously one of the best things ever, but it works as something to do when you’re showboating while fleeing the cops, or to demonstrate your contempt for your opponents in a Formula 1 race; it doesn’t work so well when someone with a clipboard is closely monitoring your showboating as part of a rigorous process.

Drift events are like the videogame equivalent of dressage.

Drifting will be the only reason I don't finish this - and I suspect it may even prevent me accessing the later events.

They perhaps just need to relax on what they are defining as 'drifting' as many times I have gone into a corner and slid around it to not get any points. Seems to only work when the handbrake is applied and the car is fully sideways!

I like the drift events, the key is to maintain speed and tap the brake slightly as you start the drift. Continue by swapping that with the handbrake while still accelerating and presto. Never had to retry more than a handful of times to get all three stars.

£20 for the full game from CEX or £35 to upgrade to the full game from PSN - why wait?

I don't think I'd want the full game, I'd just be happy with the PS+ version.

But yeah, I mean...if I knew I was going to like it, then £20 makes sense. It does look great in my opinion.

£20 isn't a huge amount, I would get it if I didn't have 5 games under the Christmas tree already.

Can I wish a merry Christmas to the team over at Evolution please?

This game is ruddy brilliant and–very small niggles aside–made my top 5 games list over at Eurogamer. I'm sorry Sony fucked you on this one, but you've pulled it back from the brink and more than redeemed yourselves.

Thanks for an awesome game.

Kerem

Due to my current destiny addiction I've not been able to find time for DC but with time off over Xmas I'm going to have some time for it. Anyone got any tips for drifting using a wheel I could never get it work very well in the beta and wondered if there was something I was missing?

Sorry that should be...

I've been dinning at another restaurant but it's chefs meals are becoming a bit samey now. I like the look of this new restaurant now and the chef looks like he's got his shit together finally. However during the private booking I had before they opened I struggled with thier chopsticks any tips on using them ;)

Game update 1.09 is now live featuring stability improvements, audio updates & leaderboard fixes

FYI - Its an incremental patching system, which you means you only download the difference. So the total of ALL patches is 2.5GB, but 1.08 to 1.09 is approx 200mb.

Due to my current destiny addiction I've not been able to find time for DC but with time off over Xmas I'm going to have some time for it. Anyone got any tips for drifting using a wheel I could never get it work very well in the beta and wondered if there was something I was missing?

Drifting using a wheel is tough, much like in real world. Even on a skid-pan I struggled, and I was only just getting the hang of it by the end of the session.

My best advice is to watch this:

And if you've got wheel assist turned off you'll need to be even quicker with the counter steer.

Any lurkers that need a club feel free to join Rllmuk Lurkers

Thanks. I've joined up but not played much yet. I haven't really devoted much timing to driving games in the past, other than PGR, GT and Blur but enjoying this so far. It already has me retrying tracks and events to improve times compared to other games where you finish an event, move on and never go back.

Game update 1.09 is now live featuring stability improvements, audio updates & leaderboard fixes

FYI - Its an incremental patching system, which you means you only download the difference. So the total of ALL patches is 2.5GB, but 1.08 to 1.09 is approx 200mb.

That's weird, I'm on 1.08 and it's still downloading the full 2.5GB

I applied just now too, can race tonight if anybody is around ( and i get accepted :) )

Think the club is full now, sorry. Will double check once patch has downloaded