DRIVECLUB - being put to sleep by Sony in March 2020

Oh and, speaking of photos, I'd love the ability to switch off car damage when you're taking a picture. Otherwise all my photos will look like set photos from The Blues Brothers. :)

Photo mode needs a focus button.

Suggested both those things to Rushy a while back and fingers crossed they may be making an appearance in a future photomode update :)

Oh and, speaking of photos, I'd love the ability to switch off car damage when you're taking a picture. Otherwise all my photos will look like set photos from The Blues Brothers. :)

No idea what you mean with that one. Just don't crash?

post-1512-0-55023900-1418745683_thumb.jp

post-1512-0-34518800-1418745703_thumb.jp

I'm still struggling to get to grips with racing online. I mean, following the racing line and trying to use the accelerate, brake and gears is pointless here isn't it? All the while the other opponents can smash into a wall and get around the corner quicker than you can doing it properly, its not worth it is it?

I think it needs re-balancing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezhqX2QOn8A&list=UUsgQXGA0EdXmhKu4bBuyADQ

Just jumped on to do a few challenges but can't connect to server. How in god's name isn't this sorted yet? If they think they are getting more money out of me for a season pass they can think again. Roll on Project Cars.

I had that today for the first time - it's showing challenges received but then fails to load them and leaderboards are empty.

We're rolling out some server updates now. You should see the problems described above as resolved for any new challenges. Let me know if you see any issues like this in the future.

Also, if anyone wants friend up the 'EvolutionStudios' PSN Account that'd be useful whilst we test challenges further :)

I'm still struggling to get to grips with racing online. I mean, following the racing line and trying to use the accelerate, brake and gears is pointless here isn't it? All the while the other opponents can smash into a wall and get around the corner quicker than you can doing it properly, its not worth it is it?

I think it needs re-balancing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezhqX2QOn8A&list=UUsgQXGA0EdXmhKu4bBuyADQ

Agreed. Its like Gran Turismo in this way. You don't even get penalised

Me and Loki have been doing some snow challenge. It's insane. I've sent it out to a few of you too I think.

So I had a go at this one...

And yeah I managed to get round the lap in an ok time, but I only persisted cause I'm a somewhat obsessed time trialler, after fuck knows how many restarts due to crashing into things I could hardy see or spinning out and not being able to attempt to save it in time as I couldn't even see I was spinning out til it was too late. Any more snowy ones like this and I'm sorry but I think I'll pass. I enjoy a challenge, but in my opinion it's just not fun when the visibility with thick snow like that is so limited.

First place though at least eh :P

Has there been any confirmation that Evo are working on improved multi-player lobbies and things?

I'd really love to just be able to race my mates, without having randoms joins. I mean really, really love it.

Not sure there's been official confirmation but they're working on private lobbies, yeah.

Private online multiplayer lobbies would be THE element to lure me back in.

I'm just having too much fun with a group of forumites in GTA Online over the last few weeks, but hardcore arcade racing is obviously reserved for Driveclub. Challenges are great but I prefer my multiplayer as being direct and head-on. I can't wait for the option to host races with just friends :) Let's hope it arrives soon into January!

Has there been any confirmation that Evo are working on improved multi-player lobbies and things?

I'd really love to just be able to race my mates, without having randoms joins. I mean really, really love it.

We're working on it.

Redline & Elements are now available LINK

10382285_743289109088785_581495707603304

10856569_743289115755451_561935909430457

Private online multiplayer lobbies would be THE element to lure me back in.

I'm just having too much fun with a group of forumites in GTA Online over the last few weeks, but hardcore arcade racing is obviously reserved for Driveclub. Challenges are great but I prefer my multiplayer as being direct and head-on. I can't wait for the option to host races with just friends :) Let's hope it arrives soon into January!

Not sure whether anyone else has tried this but me and my mate setup party chat between us and then fired up Driveclub.

Went to multiplayer and both joined the same event (discussed over party chat).

Everytime we did this we got to race together! (unfortunately with randoms) - maybe worth a try with more people?

All you need to do is press triangle and invite your friend, then whomever is the session leader chooses an event and you'll all race together in whatever courses are in said event. I've been regularly using this functionality since launch.

Not sure whether anyone else has tried this but me and my mate setup party chat between us and then fired up Driveclub.

Went to multiplayer and both joined the same event (discussed over party chat).

Everytime we did this we got to race together! (unfortunately with randoms) - maybe worth a try with more people?

Did you never wonder what that triangle icon in the corner was for? :)

I know all of that, played a fair bit of Driveclub multiplayer when it was just out ;)

What I meant is private lobbies, so racing with just friends, no randoms at all. And to top it off, being able to select your own track, cars/classes and other conditions would truly make it perfect.