rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
sixbuttons

Formula 1 V6 - SEASON OVER!

4th.

Not bad I suppose.

Good fucking riddance FI! You bee bain of my life since i ended up 2nd in Season 6 and fucking remained there!

However, a good race. Qualy was shit. I managed to climb to 7th, Piccaso made and error, then Chuck, then Albert. So got to 4th.

Had some scraps with Piccaso for 4th but managed to keep it even though he was closing down quite rapidly towards the end.

2nd overall for me. I just thought if I hadn't of dc'd during Monaco who knows what would of happened! Probably crashed.

Gz Kiro on the win. Snowman you should of slowed down because i wanted that 3rd spot poduim!!!!!! OFNIOECIOPNCA had some things to show you on my car.

Overall, a bit of a on my own race hence my write up is not so great tonight.

Good Season gentlemen. Onto season 7!

Finish off with some crazy French guys?

2 min 40 is hilarious.

• Upvote 4

WHY MEERMAN, WHYYYYY?

Well, like I said...my 3rd grid position was bound to be cursed.

As I told you guys after the race, I had a nasty migraine earlier that day, just after I was done with work. I slept for 2 hours at the end of the afternoon, hoping it would alleviate the headache (along with a couple of aspirins), and it did. So I managed to get that 3rd place and thought "well, this turned out better than expected". Then in the first corner, I got hit in the back and slightly veered off track. Undamaged, but I lost 4 places. Then I mentally struggled with this idea that I could be hit again and checked behind me too often to see if anyone else was too close for comfort. That caused me to miss the braking points in the next few corners, frustratingly. By this time I was way too tense, mis-shifted a couple of times and managed to let the back end of my car step out, causing me to tap John. I careered on, into the barrier, losing my wing.

So that's where it went all wrong. I pitted for a new wing and primes, then tried to close the gap on Picasso. It went alright at first, but later on the aspirins wore off and the headache came back, causing me to lose focus. The gap became bigger and bigger, and I started to make mistakes again. Until the point that I went too close past the pitwall and left the left half of my car behind. Game over, which was for the best. Goddamnit. Gutted, gutted, gutted. :(

I proceeded to spectate the race and watched Albert deliver some fine racing during his battle for 6th place. Mad props to him and how good he has become lately. :hat:

Still got that headache now.

Denied :eyebrows:

According to one of the guys who played F1 2013 at an event in London a few days ago, the handling felt like a middle ground between 2011 and 2012, and that the rear end felt a little bit 'looser'. Not sure what he meant by that, but interesting to hear things might have changed!

Ah, cool, cheers. Answers my question in the discussion thread :). Would really love a demo, but understand why that's not happening. It really looks to me from the videos that it's not changed that much, and they seem to have put a lot of work into all the classic stuff.. so it's just left me wondering a bit as to how much different the non-classic experience will be...

Ah, cool, cheers. Answers my question in the discussion thread :). Would really love a demo, but understand why that's not happening. It really looks to me from the videos that it's not changed that much, and they seem to have put a lot of work into all the classic stuff.. so it's just left me wondering a bit as to how much different the non-classic experience will be...

Feeling the same about the 2013 stuff. Doesn't look like much has been done here. Hoping that it's not all been about classic content. At least tyre scaling is back, and useable mirrors in cockpit cam (seemingly due to the amount of memory freed up from HRT dropping out) might tempt me to go cockpit cam for the season. If the weather is sorted too, and the netcode improved (ive gven up hoping for new online options - clearly they are waiting for next gen) then we might have the definitive current-gen version on our hands.

One week to go (assuming it arrives early from Shopto, who I noticed have reduced the price of the classic edition to £46 now).

Feeling the same about the 2013 stuff. Doesn't look like much has been done here. Hoping that it's not all been about classic content. At least tyre scaling is back, and useable mirrors in cockpit cam (seemingly due to the amount of memory freed up from HRT dropping out) might tempt me to go cockpit cam for the season. If the weather is sorted too, and the netcode improved (ive gven up hoping for new online options - clearly they are waiting for next gen) then we might have the definitive current-gen version on our hands.

One week to go (assuming it arrives early from Shopto, who I noticed have reduced the price of the classic edition to £46 now).

Yeah hadn't realised that.. need to check that they haven't charged me £55! (also it has an RRP of £71.99 according to the ShopTo site :blink: ).

Does seem like this is more of a stop-gap between this and the next-gen than previous versions, which I guess makes sense. I spoke to a guy I know who works for CM a couple of months back, and he suggested the same. But I think he has little to do with the F1 guys, so not sure how much he knew. I suppose something I hadn't considered is that they're charging for the classic stuff separately, so you'd hope for some fairly significant changes to the main game as well (seeing as though it's worth $35-40 in its own right). Anyway, yeah, only a week to go!