Good news everyone! We're getting another COD in 2013!

Smitty

We already have one.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/02/everyone-was-thinking-it-cod-of-duty/

codofduty.jpg

Thus, I bring you Cod of Duty. The basic premise? Evil fish terrorists are planning… something. It involves guns. And barrels. And being in barrels. Yes, this is a game in which you literally shoot fish in a barrel. The commentary, it is palpable. CODPALPS. Or something. I don’t know. Join me for some crunchy, lightly fish-flavored discussion after the break.

Negged twice - truth hurt?

It must, they're terrible games.

Even BLOPS 2's crazy and colourful approach couldn't save it from being ultimately unsatisfying and the same shit in another guise. It was more fun than any of the previous ones but I was still spitting blood by the end.

I can't imagine feeling excited about a COD game.

It must, they're terrible games.

Even BLOPS 2's crazy and colourful approach couldn't save it from being ultimately unsatisfying and the same shit in another guise. It was more fun than any of the previous ones but I was still spitting blood by the end.

I can't imagine feeling excited about a COD game.

I refused to buy it, bought every one since COD 2, when COD 4 came it was literally one of the best games I had played, Activision clearly knew they were on to something with it and started releasing the same game dolled up with new maps and killstreaks year on year. Disappointment really hit while playing the first BLOPS (minus gun game which was a good addition and the only part of MP I played after trying all the usual game modes) I put this down to never really enjoying Treyarchs installments.

When playing MW3 online after an hour it became stale and far too familiar, it was sold (yeah got £30 back on a second hand sale, thought it would be worth mentioning since the whole preowned discussions going on in the next gen threads).

I vowed never to buy another COD title until something innovative has been done with them (maybe next gen release I will give them another try who knows). It really bugs me that people continually fund Activision for the same game year in year out.

Yawn

Ctrl+C - Ctrl+V = £44.99

Best selling game ever

Black Ops 2 isnt a copy paste, not even remotely. It's got loads of new stuff, it just doesnt reinvent itself. Which is fine, I dont want it too. Its really refined, its a boatload of fun to play, the unlocking system's really addictive, and its a laugh experimenting with the perks...like 2 weeks in when people started realising how hilarious black hat could be. These drive-by trolling posts from people without anything to back it up need to stop. Why not wander into the Fifa thread and say ..oh..football, how boring. Because that's just as dumb.

I stopped caring for CoD after MW2 (which I admittedly had a lot of fun with in MP and co-op), so I'm much more interested in the reveal of Destiny, which we may or may not see this year. The game that is, the reveal will be happening soon.

I refused to buy it, bought every one since COD 2, when COD 4 came it was literally one of the best games I had played, Activision clearly knew they were on to something with it and started releasing the same game dolled up with new maps and killstreaks year on year. Disappointment really hit while playing the first BLOPS (minus gun game which was a good addition and the only part of MP I played after trying all the usual game modes) I put this down to never really enjoying Treyarchs installments.

When playing MW3 online after an hour it became stale and far too familiar, it was sold (yeah got £30 back on a second hand sale, thought it would be worth mentioning since the whole preowned discussions going on in the next gen threads).

I vowed never to buy another COD title until something innovative has been done with them (maybe next gen release I will give them another try who knows). It really bugs me that people continually fund Activision for the same game year in year out.

So you havent even played it. Nice one.

Only twice, that you wont buy any more after MW3.

Black Ops 2 isnt a copy paste, not even remotely. It's got loads of new stuff, it just doesnt reinvent itself. Which is fine, I dont want it too. Its really refined, its a boatload of fun to play, the unlocking system's really addictive, and its a laugh experimenting with the perks...like 2 weeks in when people started realising how hilarious black hat could be. These drive-by trolling posts from people without anything to back it up need to stop. Why not wander into the Fifa thread and say ..oh..football, how boring. Because that's just as dumb.

Its even worse than a copy paste, the killstreaks / scorestreaks system are the only positive and its still using the same old stuff except you can get them in different ways.

The maps are smaller WTF, even more kill/die/spawn, kill/die/spawn, kill/die/spawn, kill/die/spawn, kill/die/spawn, kill/die/spawn.

Very repetitive.

You want a good FPS shooter with innovation we should begin to talk about Battlefield but i'll leave that for another day - seeing as EA has riddled and ruined BF3 with 'Pay me more money for everything' and private servers with games that last forever. The gameplay itself however is far beyond what COD is and ever will be with its repetitiveness.

Your sports games comparison is whats dumb, the sport never changes, its not about different game modes and different arenas. They are always innovating for more realism - I admit its a slow process and unless you skip a year or two of FIFA the changes might not be as in your face.

Only twice, that you wont buy any more after MW3.

I'm sorry but your confusing purchasing and playing.

I have 4 close friends who bought it and I have played it. Infact I played it before it was released as my mate from work ordered it from simply games and had it on the thursday prior to release.

Well if you think BLOPS2 is a C+P job, youve not played it enough or you dont understand it. Obviously its still a COD game...but its chock full of new stuff. Congrats on playing it a few days before release though, can I have your autograph? But seriously...this copy paste stuff is nonsense. Its full of good maps, its well balanced, it looks amazing, plays great, ive had nothing but hours and hours of fun with it for my 30 quid..its way better than MW3 aswell.

Well I went a re-bought pal copies so I had MW1, 2, 3 and BLOPS 1 & 2. Ever since the real genius's went off to make Respawn the series is just not what it was. The maps are just worse and there is less tactical play opportunities. I do hope Respawn show something at E3 this year. I will buy MW4 but right now I'm having more fun playing MW1 & 2 than going on BLOP2.