PlayStation 4 Console Thread

I went ahead and bought Strike Suit Zero and I like it. It reminds me quite a lot of playing Starlancer on the Dreamcast, way back when - my first ever online game, fact fans - except quite a bit more arcadey, but that's no bad thing. It's kind of like a bastard child of that and Zone of the Enders. It's made me want a modern Star Wars based space shooter all the more.

I went ahead and bought Strike Suit Zero and I like it. It reminds me quite a lot of playing Starlancer on the Dreamcast, way back when - my first ever online game, fact fans - except quite a bit more arcadey, but that's no bad thing. It's kind of like a bastard child of that and Zone of the Enders. It's made me want a modern Star Wars based space shooter all the more.

Looked at and nearly bought this a few times when i've been browsing the PSN store, might take the plunge next time I see it on sale.

My PS4 controllers don't seem to charge when plugged into the PS4 most of the time. It's a pain. They run out of battery pretty quickly too, even when plugged in by USB.

For some reason mine have a habit of not charging in standby. No problem when the PS4 is on but every now and again they refuse to charge if it's off. All the power options are turned on and it doesn't happen all the time. Very strange.

Looked at and nearly bought this a few times when i've been browsing the PSN store, might take the plunge next time I see it on sale.

Ditto. I was going to wait for a sale but fuck it, there's got to be £15's worth of game in there. I'm four missions into the first campaign and there seems a lot of content, with ship modifications and new ships to unlock, scores to beat and three difficulty levels. Plus there's another campaign which was DLC originally, I think. It might get a bit samey if it's all you're playing (I'm speculating, but it feels that way) but I bought it to scratch that space shooter itch I get every now and then so I'll be dipping in and out as I fancy it rather than gorging on it in one go.

One thing that's really pissing me off is the PSN store and the live update in what's new etc. When I first turn the PS on it all works fine. However, boot up a game, and play it, then when I press the PS button then the store just sits there and there's no live updates. The only way to get the store and live updates back up is to hard reset.

Ditto. I was going to wait for a sale but fuck it, there's got to be £15's worth of game in there. I'm four missions into the first campaign and there seems a lot of content, with ship modifications and new ships to unlock, scores to beat and three difficulty levels. Plus there's another campaign which was DLC originally, I think. It might get a bit samey if it's all you're playing (I'm speculating, but it feels that way) but I bought it to scratch that space shooter itch I get every now and then so I'll be dipping in and out as I fancy it rather than gorging on it in one go.

Did you play Project Sylpheed? It was on Xbox 360 and possibly other platforms, I had a great time with it and Strike Suit looks fairly similar.

I did not. I didn't really do very much 360-ing. Despite owning a couple of them, it wasn't a machine I particularly liked.

I can understand where Rev is coming from, btw. You'd probably struggle to find a better example of a "you'll like it if you like those sort of games" sort of game.

Strike Suit Zero really did nothing for me. I found it incredibly boring.

I think our very own mechaman Cacophanus designed that. Although I vaguely recall reading some comments by him where he didn't seem to stand behind the end result for some reason.

I think our very own mechaman Cacophanus designed that. Although I vaguely recall reading some comments by him where he didn't seem to stand behind the end result for some reason.

He left halfway through development or something. I seem to recall his version of events sounding reasonable, I just can't remember what they were.

My PS4 controllers don't seem to charge when plugged into the PS4 most of the time. It's a pain. They run out of battery pretty quickly too, even when plugged in by USB.

Try a different USB cable. I had this problem and changing cable fixed it. It can particularly be a problem with long cables. So if you're using a long one, try a shorter one.

It's on the web store with the discount applied now, just grabbed it. So thanks for the update! I think a new purchase is justified with this one, I expect to get endless hours out of it.

I've held off for reviews/impressions so be sure to report back ! The 60fps/3D angle alone almost swung me - it's my most played PS3 game after Wipeout.

Is there a way to make the ps4 camera zoom out when streaming?

In doing a 24 hour charity thing in a few weeks and streaming it, there's going to be 3 of us be the camera is so zoomed in only 1 of us gets on at a time.

I've held off for reviews/impressions so be sure to report back ! The 60fps/3D angle alone almost swung me - it's my most played PS3 game after Wipeout.

It's Stardust, nothing to complain about. The various new modes are good fun, especially the boost-based one. Obviously it's very similar to the PS3 game at heart, but for the price - AYYYY!

The only thing I've found to complain about so far is the clickfest between dying and restarting, which I don't see a way around. It's quick enough but it's still a frustration - you have to select whether or not you want 3D every single time for some mad reason. I haven't tried the 3D. But it must be great.

It's Stardust, nothing to complain about. The various new modes are good fun, especially the boost-based one. Obviously it's very similar to the PS3 game at heart, but for the price - AYYYY!

The only thing I've found to complain about so far is the clickfest between dying and restarting, which I don't see a way around. It's quick enough but it's still a frustration - you have to select whether or not you want 3D every single time for some mad reason. I haven't tried the 3D. But it must be great.

Also making 3D the default click. Some of us can't be bothered walking over to the shelf where our 3D glasses are you know...

Is there any way to change the difficulty after the initial time it asks? I foolishly went for something other than ridiculously EASY and now can't change it.

Yeah, that must be possible because my daughter had a go and set it to easy. Can't remember how exactly but I'll have a look later. Also I had the problem of 3D being the default at first, but partway through it started remembering my last choice - again, not sure how that happened. I was looking in the preferences for a setting etc., but it just seemed to decide of its own accord. Baffling.

Yeah, that must be possible because my daughter had a go and set it to easy. Can't remember how exactly but I'll have a look later. Also I had the problem of 3D being the default at first, but partway through it started remembering my last choice - again, not sure how that happened. I was looking in the preferences for a setting etc., but it just seemed to decide of its own accord. Baffling.

It is. Cheers though. I still can't find it.

I pop in here to see what's going on and it's just issue after issue. Most are minor but still, there's no joy. I know I had my issues and this might look like triumphalism but it's not. I'm still interested in what's going on with all the machines but every time I look at ps4 news it's more niggly issues and problems. So far I have no regrets about getting out. Again, sorry, I know this sounds pissy, it's just an observation from a recent outsiders point of view. They really need to get all this stuff ironed out very soon as it's starting to cast a bit of a shadow.