IGNORED

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

Quick Q: My PS4 keeps spitting out the disc. Only remedy is unplugging it for about 3 minutes. I know this is a known problem. Is there a permanent fix for this or should I send it back to Sony ?

Much obliged.

I'd send it back to whoever you got it from. Apparently you can wiggle some screws or something to fix it but I wouldn't bother.

Does anyone have Zen Pinball 2 on PS4? I've been having issues running it for a few days now, I think there was an update to it recently which is the only thing I can think of that might have had an effect.

It starts up, recognises I have a 3D TV and it asks if I want to switch but if I do or not, it doesn't get any further than that... and I have to close the app and then it says the app had an error.

Odd.

I don't know why I bother with modern console gaming sometimes. I get Far Cry 4, stick it in the drive and then wait a few seconds for the install to finish. Then I try to play it and, of course, at that point - not before - it decides it needs a patch. Fair enough, go back to dashboard and close the application. Yawn.

Then it decides it's going to download a 2.5Gb "patch" for Destiny. Why? You were on standby mode you stupid piece of shit, you should have done this before now! Dashboard v2 has failed at fixing the issue.

So I cancel that ridiculous download and it then starts downloading the 500+Mb Far Cry patch.... at about 200kps. 45 fucking minutes to wait unless I want to play a Ubisoft game with no updates.

Don't you dare fucking get something that you can share with your children... Games are serious business and unless they are genuine 10/10 efforts on your console of choice, they are shit and not worth having. You fucking sellout!

Don't you dare fucking get something that you can share with your children... Games are serious business and unless they are genuine 10/10 efforts on your console of choice, they are shit and not worth having. You fucking sellout!

I dunno mate, I have had all the lbp games for the kids but they threatened to call childline if I didnt give them their nintendos back

Is this Ubisoft Monopoly game due out here this week too? The My Monopoly add-on can be found on the web store for PS4 but not the actual game... I'm definitely up for getting that. I do love mug o' tea games.

EA's Monopoly on Wii was great. I played that a lot as well as its lazy port to 360. I'm interested to see if Ubisoft produce anything worthwhile with the Hasbro licence; EA's Hasbro Family Game Night 3 on Wii was just a sad mess.

I thought no comment would avoid these kind of responses to the news that another Sony exclusive suffered from technical difficulties, clearly some of you suffer from a weird persecution complex.

Boozy, would you have linked the review if it was filled with glowing praise and a 9 or 10 for a score? I'm guessing not. (Not that a 7 is a bad score, anyway!)

I imagine that's why you got "attacked", just popping in trying to sow doom and gloom.

If it had got 9/10 somebody else would have posted it earlier perhaps. I just like pointing out that Sony have produced a stellar bit of kit but just like the last 2 generations they are incredibly poor at supporting it themselves. In the past a complex development process was to blame for the slow starts on the PS2 and PS3, something which Cerny told us had been fixed with pre build developer discussions and dat RAM. To see games being released unfinished, delayed, broken was a situation that Sony effectively promised wouldn't happen at the machine's reveal.

However Sony have always promised way above what they deliver since the PS2. Given time they make good, with the PS4 they will deliver on a far shorter timeframe than before but they haven't thus far. Seeing them so far ahead in the console race and receiving nothing but praise even in the face of abysmal failures brought about by decisions made at management levels with little regard for the consumer within a year of launch stinks of the Ps3 era hubris that they apparently had learned from. If me pointing out that they are less than perfect upsets a bunch of people here then tough.