rllmuk
mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

According to a NeoGAF post there are a set of the obvious criteria that decide whether your game falls into the category of Small or Large Scope games which determine whether you can include a Platinum.

Regarding my question about no platinum on Counterspy: It turns out I can unlock all the trophies again on Vita! And it's cross save so I have all my weapons unlocked. Makes no sense.

Other than Destiny, is there anything decent coming out on the PS4 in the near to mid future? Will Drive Club be released anytime soon? Rapidly running out of reasons not to offload it atm.

Other than Destiny, is there anything decent coming out on the PS4 in the near to mid future? Will Drive Club be released anytime soon? Rapidly running out of reasons not to offload it atm.

Little Big Planet if you're that way inclined....

Assuming you've already completed The Last Of Us, Diablo 3, Plants Vs Zombie Garden Warfare, Infamous First Light, OlliOlli, Hotline Miami and Pure Pool (all of which came out in the past month or so), I'd suggest keeping an eye on...

- Minecraft is anytime in the next month if they get it through Sony's QA

- Velocity 2X Ultra next week

- Disney Infinity 2.0 at the end of September

- Alien Isolation at the beginning of October

- Drive Club at the beginning of October

- The Evil Within mid October

- Assassin's Creed Hojillion end of October

- CoD beginning of November

- The Crew beginning of November

- Far Cry 4 mid November

One of the big issues with the Indie output is that we often don't get the heads up until the games actually come out, so there should be plenty of good stuff in amongst all that too.

• Upvote 2

Never understand this way of thinking. If you sell it you'll get back less than you paid for it. You'll most likely want another in future when there are games you're interested in. So you'll end up losing money, again. But, hey, it's your choice.

Yep, didn't someone up thread or in another already do exactly that on a console that's only been out for 9 months, and is still pretty much the same price? Temporary cash flow problems aside, it's a pretty unusual approach to console ownership.

Many thanks for the replies and in particular the below list -

- Minecraft is anytime in the next month if they get it through Sony's QA

- Velocity 2X Ultra next week

- Disney Infinity 2.0 at the end of September

- Alien Isolation at the beginning of October

- Drive Club at the beginning of October

- The Evil Within mid October

- Assassin's Creed Hojillion end of October

- CoD beginning of November

- The Crew beginning of November

- Far Cry 4 mid November

Of those, Drive Club, The Evil Within, Assassins Creed, The Crew and Far Cry 4 are of interest to me which is better than I was expecting. Recently most of the little gaming time I have these days has been on PC (Outlast, Wolfenstein, Bioshock Infinite) and with nothing appealing on the PS4 its sat there for the best part of the last two months largely untouched. Recently having been out of the PC gaming loop for years, I have discovered that my PC rigged up to my main living room screen and headphones provides superior performance and far less cost than the same on my PS4. It looks as though there are enough exclusives on that list to hold onto it a bit longer though.

Yep, didn't someone up thread or in another already do exactly that on a console that's only been out for 9 months, and is still pretty much the same price? Temporary cash flow problems aside, it's a pretty unusual approach to console ownership.

I sold mine because I needed the cash - then bought back once I had the money.

• Upvote 1

If you're into Assassin's Creed then you might also be interested in Shadow of Mordor, which is out at the end of September. It looks like a pretty similar type of game. It also looks excellent.

• Upvote 1

I've got a nice back log of games now for my PS4, thanks to picking up some bargains from the trading forum here and cross-buy.

Watch Dogs - Working my way through Act 2, it's a decent stop over until GTAV, 7/10

The Last of Us - I'm saving this for when I can devote all my gaming time to it.

Metro Redux - Arrived this morning, defo will be heading into this soon

Wolfenstein - Another 2nd hand bargain, one again to be saved for when I find the time is right.

Pure Pool - Highly addictive 'one more go' stuff. I've gone to bed far to late because of this.

Hotline Miami - Owned on Vita, loved it but struggled with the consoles. This with the DS4 and up big on the projector is gonna be something special.

OlliOlli - Due to the crashes, I didn't play this too much on the Vita. Also think it will play better on the DS4.

Assassin's Creed 4 - Bought when it was cheap on PSN months ago, pretty much forgot about it. I should go back to it one day.

Oh, and probably should give an honourable mention to Battlefield 4, on 300+ hours right now and no sign of slowing down, plus another map pack coming nearer Christmas.

Also this isn't including the PSN+ games I've downloaded and should try out.

I think Destiny I will switch from Amazon order to buying from the US PSN store, as I don't want to be disc swapping every time I want to play it.

Basically, I love my PS4.

• Upvote 3

I've not played my PS4 all that much since I finished InFamous but I've got Madden coming this weekend so I'm going to sink some time into that and then with Destiny and me getting FIFA for the first time in a few years I've got plenty to play again all of a sudden. The next few months are just insane for games, fortunately my birthday is in October!

Might have to go back to Watch Dogs too, never did finish that.

I've got a nice back log of games now for my PS4, thanks to picking up some bargains from the trading forum here and cross-buy.

Watch Dogs - Working my way through Act 2, it's a decent stop over until GTAV, 7/10

The Last of Us - I'm saving this for when I can devote all my gaming time to it.

Metro Redux - Arrived this morning, defo will be heading into this soon

Wolfenstein - Another 2nd hand bargain, one again to be saved for when I find the time is right.

Pure Pool - Highly addictive 'one more go' stuff. I've gone to bed far to late because of this.

Hotline Miami - Owned on Vita, loved it but struggled with the consoles. This with the DS4 and up big on the projector is gonna be something special.

OlliOlli - Due to the crashes, I didn't play this too much on the Vita. Also think it will play better on the DS4.

Assassin's Creed 4 - Bought when it was cheap on PSN months ago, pretty much forgot about it. I should go back to it one day.

Oh, and probably should give an honourable mention to Battlefield 4, on 300+ hours right now and no sign of slowing down, plus another map pack coming nearer Christmas.

Also this isn't including the PSN+ games I've downloaded and should try out.

I think Destiny I will switch from Amazon order to buying from the US PSN store, as I don't want to be disc swapping every time I want to play it.

Basically, I love my PS4.

I think we are in the same boat here Kriess, BF4 is my achilles heel and sounds like yours too. My list of games backlog is similar if not worse. (also got my XB1 just sitting doing nothing minus the odd Forza 5 race. Horizon 2 should sort that out though)

I can't get near anything else but I think i'm going to have to start rationing my BF4 time.

• Upvote 1

I've not played my PS4 all that much since I finished InFamous but I've got Madden coming this weekend so I'm going to sink some time into that and then with Destiny and me getting FIFA for the first time in a few years I've got plenty to play again all of a sudden. The next few months are just insane for games, fortunately my birthday is in October!

It's amazing and yet disappointing that all these games are coming out pretty much right on top of one another as I like to spend time with a game when it's new as that's usually when the community of the games are at the most active. Hope next year will be a different story and releases spread out through the year.

2015 is the big year for PS4, both in terms of exclusive downloadables (Rime, The Tomorrow Children, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture) as well as bigger games (Bloodborne and Uncharted to name but two).

So I was thinking of getting mine in February when Bloodborne hits. But heard good things about Destiny, love the look of that white PS4 and having an excuse to dive into games like Flower and The Last of Us again, as well as Ground Zeroes, P.T. and smaller titles like Velocity 2X, Resogun and Hohokum, was enough to push me over the edge. Will keep me busy for a while. Can't wait. :)

• Upvote 1

I think we are in the same boat here Kriess, BF4 is my achilles heel and sounds like yours too. My list of games backlog is similar if not worse. (also got my XB1 just sitting doing nothing minus the odd Forza 5 race. Horizon 2 should sort that out though)

I can't get near anything else but I think i'm going to have to start rationing my BF4 time.

XB1 doing the same here, it's my Netflix machine and I very occasionally play FIFA 14 (Came with it) or Titanfall for a round or two.

Once I get a better AV Receiver I'll have it connected to my projector like the PS4 and will use it more for gaming. Maybe... (Actually new Forza and Halo Collection will see much more play time). My Wii U needs some love too.

XB1 doing the same here, it's my Netflix machine and I very occasionally play FIFA 14 (Came with it) or Titanfall for a round or two.

Once I get a better AV Receiver I'll have it connected to my projector like the PS4 and will use it more for gaming. Maybe... (Actually new Forza and Halo Collection will see much more play time). My Wii U needs some love too.

Haha SNAP - Haven't touched it since I got Mario Kart 8 and had a few races.

I'm not decided on the Halo Collection yet, as much as I like Halo, I started getting fed up playing it with Reach and Halo 4.

I played a bit of hotline miami on the PS4 the other day, if you don't have that it is a must buy - i rinsed it on the vita this month and i love it, the ps4 pad is a delight with it!

The Swapper is an excellent indie game worth downloading.

Great art style, it has a strange stylised realism to it that it beautiful I think. Interesting, original puzzle orientated gameplay. Highly recommended!

• Upvote 1

It's amazing and yet disappointing that all these games are coming out pretty much right on top of one another as I like to spend time with a game when it's new as that's usually when the community of the games are at the most active. Hope next year will be a different story and releases spread out through the year.

I'll probably save some of the games to buy in a barren spell which will no doubt come again with the added bonus I'll be able to pick them cheaper/used.

I picked up Madden from the US store yesterday using the US psn credit from amazon thing. Might be worth a look. The game itself might be the best for years but only played a bit so far.

Need For Speed... Anyone into drivers and has played this is it any good?!

Bit fed up of the complete lack of PS4 driving games at the moment... Really frustrating and the fact that DriveClub kept getting pushed back. Bah.

Anyway getting desperate for a bit of driving fun just wondered if this is worth the money or not? Does it ad much (if anything) over it's PS3 cousin or is it just shinier?

Or should I drag the PS3 out of retirement again and just fill the gap between now and DriveClub release playing on that! Hmmm. PS4 is a bit bloody dusty at the moment LOL. Think it was released far too early and would have made a better buy in 2015.... Seems I've been waiting at your at your station Sony and all your games are late. Very British I guess. Hmph.

I've had a bit of a love/hate relationship with NFS Rivals since launch. It has the occasional moment of Hot Pursuit style brilliance, but suffers from a lack of focus and structure which also plagued the Most Wanted remake.

If you can get it on the cheap it's certainly worth a go.

• Upvote 1

I've had a bit of a love/hate relationship with NFS Rivals since launch. It has the occasional moment of Hot Pursuit style brilliance, but suffers from a lack of focus and structure which also plagued the Most Wanted remake.

If you can get it on the cheap it's certainly worth a go.

Yeah even second hand it's hovering around the £30 mark...which could be better spent on getting DriveClub I guess.

Actually you have just reminded me I have NFS:MW on PS3 via PS+ so looks like that will keep me busy for a bit and scratch that driving game itch I have! May as well play that... :) thanks for the nudge! LOL.

• Upvote 1