rllmuk
mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

Pre ordered a white Destiny PS4 console today ;)

I was nearly going to go with a Xbox One for Forza 2 but as I have a PS Vita, PSN already and limited time, I thought the PS4 seemed the console for me.

This is my second PS4 but I only had Battlefield 4 and Ghots last time so I am hoping to play some of the odler games I missed and some of the new ones (Drive Club, TLOU - have never actually played more that one hour of this, Far Cry 4 and the next COD).

I have my Wii U and range of retro consoles for all my other needs.

My gaming just became complete. :)

You'll probably have an Xbox by Christmas, and then another Playstation early next year.

Pre ordered a white Destiny PS4 console today ;)

I was nearly going to go with a Xbox One for Forza 2 but as I have a PS Vita, PSN already and limited time, I thought the PS4 seemed the console for me.

This is my second PS4 but I only had Battlefield 4 and Ghots last time so I am hoping to play some of the odler games I missed and some of the new ones (Drive Club, TLOU - have never actually played more that one hour of this, Far Cry 4 and the next COD).

I have my Wii U and range of retro consoles for all my other needs.

My gaming just became complete. :)

Same here. Pre-ordered the white PS4 on Saturday. And the white Sunset Overdrive One edition while I was at it. It's the new black apparently.

Sort of like a reward for a fucking busy summer in which I've busted my balls off.

Feels good. :)

• Upvote 1

They email them out straight away, you can use your uk card to pay, but need a valid USA postal address for the order. Google any hotel.

• Upvote 1

Got $60 worth for £37 from amazon.com earlier, not too shabby.

The exchange rate is $60>£36 at the moment, so it's a fine option if you can't get US credit elsewhere, but you're not making any savings.

When I upgraded my HDD I hadn't sync'd my trophy's, I lost one in TLOU for crafting everything, any ideas how to get it back shy of restarting the game?

I have crafted everything again but to no avail, no big deal but it's annoying me as I was silly enough to lose it (although I really feel syncing trophy's should be an automated and instantaneous task just like the Xbox.

Achievements don't require syncing at all though, i'm not too knowledgeable on these things but why didn't Sony take the same approach?

I've unlocked 100% trophies on Counterspy but no platinum. Any ideas what's wrong?

I don't think it has a Platinum, does it?

I don't really understand why all games don't have one as standard, though.

Smaller games don't have platinum trophies, so a lot of the stuff that's digital only won't have one (not everything though - checking my games reveals that Guacamelee, Dead Nation, Trine, Pixeljunk Shooter & Hotline Miami all have platinums available).

I'm probably wrong but I think there's some sort of copyright thing which made them do it that way so it wasn't a total rip-off of achievements...

Amazon's general price drop of PS4 games looks to be have been reverted back to the £45 range again. Boo.

The split between Platinum and non-Platinum Trophy sets used to make some amount of sense as it mirrored the 360's system of 1000G for retail games and 200G for Arcade releases. Now that 'downloadable' games aren't really a defined category — everything's available digitally, and the scope of download-only games has shifted — the distinction seems more arbitrary; The Walking Dead had a Platinum but the second season doesn't as each episode is listed individually, for instance.

Basically, Sony should just have every new release come with a Platinum to simplify things. I'm sure some people would make the argument that such a move would devalue the Trophy system, but frankly I don't think it has any value outside the personal anyway.

Amazon's general price drop of PS4 games looks to be have been reverted back to the £45 range again. Boo.

How annoying - was going to preorder 5 games when I was paid this Friday!

They don't charge until dispatch :(

Yeah but you get it at whatever price it was when you ordered. If it goes up you pay the same. If it goes down you pay the lower price. Even if it then goes up at a later date.

Sony have some weird regulations when it comes to trophies - Ground Zeroes didn't have one as it wasn't a full price release but then the new inFamous has one.

I think there's some process where they decide to award them. Makers of digital games with longevity and difficulty seem really pleased when Sony lets them have a Platinum.

Yeah but you get it at whatever price it was when you ordered. If it goes up you pay the same. If it goes down you pay the lower price. Even if it then goes up at a later date.

My point was that he could have ordered before payday and not waited.

• Upvote 2

They don't charge until dispatch :(

Yeah I know - was waiting to see how much commission I had in my pay before deciding on how many games and if they were going to be special editions etc.

#FAIL

I ordered Madden during that brief window of old school pricing, I regret not getting orders in for NHL and NBA 2K while I was at it now.

Hi all - I sold my PS4 and the PS+ subsctiption ended last month. i ahve now got a new PS4, and whilst I can download my retail games I cannot download old PS+ games like resogun. Its set as main console and licenses restored etc. I am currently on a 2 day trial of PS+ while i wait for my subscription to arrive from tescos. Any ideas why this is?

Because they're tied to your full PS+ sub. If it ends or you cancel it, you lose access to the free games. As soon as you resub to a proper plus account, they'll unlock again.

• Upvote 1

I think there's some process where they decide to award them. Makers of digital games with longevity and difficulty seem really pleased when Sony lets them have a Platinum.

I wonder if Sony charge devs for a platinum. Whenever trophy lists are announced the first question on GAF is always "is there a plat?" and people seem really offended when there isn't. It's a pathetic thing but it will definitely harm sales of a game to some small degree if a game doesn't have the platinum trophy available. It's definitely a desirable thing to have for a developer and I can't see any logic at all to how they're "awarded" by Sony.