rllmuk
mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

Does the PS4 support generic USB headsets? Mates kid broke his last night and we have Plantronics USB headsets in work he can nick....

Indeed it does, his wife found his spare at home and it is indeed working.

I've developed a new issue. When playing fifa there's a persistent disc accessing noise as if it's an old PS1 game and it's streaming off the disc. It's weird. Fully installed so don't know why it would do that. It's fairly loud too. Bit annoying. If I pause or am in the menus it doesn't do it, only during gameplay. Haven't tried any other games yet. Anyone else had it or heard of similar?

Oh dear.

Playing Dark Souls 2 on my PS4 controller, my PS4 remains on, doing updates.

I get an email on my tablet, thanking me for sending £55 on FIFA (a game I already own) and 'British Cop skin pack', whatever that is. My Dark Souls control inputs had caused my PS4 to make store purchases!

Been on hold to Sony for 15 minutes now, argh.

Where'd this go?

I'm not sure whether I should be pleased that the Vita is getting great PS4 releases, or confused that the PS4 is getting great Vita releases. Could you cross-buy a Vita game to PS4, then load the game on PS4, and remote play it on Vita using a cloud save of the Vita copy of the game?

• Upvote 1

So, I'm probably coming into an unexpected £400-ish next week. We're thinking it's time to get a PS4 as a house warming gift to ourselves, as financial constraints last year made me cancel our pre-order.

But as much as I know I'll get one eventually, the software catalogue is arguably a bit thin right now. So I could possibly defer the PS4 to late this year (but very unlikely to be after a price cut, I'm not that patient) and get camera gear or a Weber smoker.

What think you, PS4 owners of rllmuk? Enough stuff to justify the purchase right now?

I'd want Infamous for sure (unless it turns out to suck, but we enjoyed the first two). Driveclub would be a shoo-in if it had shipped. Less interested in Killzone. Don't want CoD, BF4, or AC4. PS+ goodness (Resogun, Don't Starve, that scary one) appeals. I haven't played Flower so I might as well play the prettiest version. And I might pick up Tomb Raider (also haven't played), although of course it's £0 for PS3 via PS+ so equally I might not.

I could've waited and save zero monies and not already have played 25 hours of Resogun, 200 hours of super-HD Call of Duty, 8 hours of pants shitting in Outlast, 10 odd hours of splurging over graphics in Killzone and 5 hours of being bored shitless by Assassin's Creed: Shitty boats edition so i'm saying - if you've got the money just fucking buy it man and join in the fun, this ain't the Xbone thread where the price is cut every few weeks, PS4 gonna hold it's price till after Christmas easily....besides something shit might happen like the car packing up or the boiler blowing up and you'll be forced to spend that £400 on something really shitty....OK you won't be able to fix them at all but who cares? You'll have a PS4!

• Upvote 3