rllmuk
mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

It's arrived! Well, it arrived a few hours ago. Any recommendations other than Killzone (which came with it) and Resogun (which comes with PS+ doesnt it?)? Tempted by all the talk of AC4, how easy would it be for someone who's never played any of the others to get into? Would I be missing out anything from the previous stories?

Well I'm near putting in 50 hours on Battlefield, and it's much better stability-wise than it first was. So many from here playing it too.

Nope. Its stupid. Id recommend ac4 to anyone its lovely and has some great gaming moments. Hell its 28 quid man! A pad costs more.

Can't seem to find the post from earlier in the thread, but has anyone got any recommendations for a good HDMI splitter?

Can't seem to find the post from earlier in the thread, but has anyone got any recommendations for a good HDMI splitter?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet®-SPLITTER-Amplifier-Display-Shipping/dp/B001D9P1OW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387655823&sr=8-1&keywords=neet+hdmi+splitter

I'm using this one and the only downside are the ultra bright red leds they use to indicate it is working.

..because I'm an idiot and meant switcher not splitter! :facepalm:

Sorry Mr Travolta, but thanks anyway.

Was in GAME today, about 15 kids surrounding the demo ps4, literally no one on the xbox one or in its section. Anecdotal but damning i thought.

• Upvote 1

It could be because the xbox demo pods in game don't have pads attached unless they are being demonstrated by a member of staff. The PS4 pod has pads so it's bound to gather more of a crowd.

• Upvote 1

Maybe, the xbone section was deserted though, no one went anywhere near it in the 10 mins i was in, and the rest of the shop was packed.

GAMEs prices are a shocker mind, 60 quid they were wanting for DS4s and some games, embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

Maybe, the xbone section was deserted though, no one went anywhere near it in the 10 mins i was in, and the rest of the shop was packed.

Compelling anecdote. I propose Microsoft simply abandon this generation.

• Upvote 3

Some young chap working in the new Game that opened for Xmas in Kingston as good as apologised to me that their pads were £60.

Although I'm not really sure why I bought one as the career mode in NBA which I bought it for, is completely and utterly 1P, you can't even take control of a team mate in the games :(

Compelling anecdote. I propose Microsoft simply abandon this generation.

Youre attempting to call me out on something which i already said was anecdotal, i dont think ive ever seen you post anything other than attemped snarkiness. Whatever floats your boat.

Some young chap working in the new Game that opened for Xmas in Kingston as good as apologised to me that their pads were £60.

Although I'm not really sure why I bought one as the career mode in NBA which I bought it for, is completely and utterly 1P, you can't even take control of a team mate in the games :(

I could have sworn they were 40 when they were being sold early in other places. 60 quid for a pad man, thats insanity.

• Upvote 1

Everything is anecdotal really. Fifa didnt look very impressive at all on it, it looked current gen.

Nope. Its stupid. Id recommend ac4 to anyone its lovely and has some great gaming moments. Hell its 28 quid man! A pad costs more.

Has this offer finished? Can't find it now

Youre attempting to call me out on something which i already said was anecdotal, i dont think ive ever seen you post anything other than attemped snarkiness. Whatever floats your boat.

I think the fact that you say it's anecdotal and then go onto say that's "damning" is a bit mental. But there you go.

Edit: I see petrolgirls has explained already. Too slooooooooooow.

I think it is really is damning that the ps4 section was rammed, and the xbone section had no one in it...no one went near it in the 10, 15 mins i was in there. Massive demo area was set up, huge plasma tv etc compared to the ps4 little pod.

it in the 10, 15 mins i was in there. Massive demo area was set up, huge plasma tv etc compared to the ps4 little pod

What were you doing in Game to spend 10->15->20 minutes in there. I try to leg it out of those places as quick as possible. :)

Dunno. The Leeds branch on the two occasions I've been to has had equal number of timewasters hanging about them.

Everything is anecdotal really. Fifa didnt look very impressive at all on it, it looked current gen.

My uncle knows someone who owns a PS4.

Thought it might be a Wii U. I can't remember that clearly.

Scottcr's grandmother has a wiiU*** ...Anecdotal but relevant?

*** might be a Wii actually, or two of them

PS4 version is identical in res, detail, frame rate etc.. so that's not really much of an argument.

• Upvote 1

Was in GAME today, about 15 kids surrounding the demo ps4, literally no one on the xbox one or in its section. Anecdotal but damning i thought.

Funnily enough the Game near me is exactly the same.

However I think that's more down to Xbox One demoing Forza and PS4 demoing FIFA to be honest.

One thing I did notice, when playing on the Xbox One demo pod, adverts kept popping up advertising the TV I was playing on. They couldn't help themselves could they?!

Only just discovered today that the eject button on my PS4 doesn't seem to work. If I select the eject disc option on the UI then it's fine but pressing the button on the console doesn't do a thing. No beeping or acknowledgement it's been pressed at all.

On one hand I'm not too bothered if I can eject through the UI but part of me wants to get it replaced as it would surely affect my ability to sell it down the line, and it's less than a month old. But I've just bought AC4 and don't want to have to wait however long for it to be replaced by Sony. Decisions, decisions.