PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

Yeah it's gonna be a reveal.

Are we getting a live stream for this?

Damn, I had posted a response to this last night when I saw your post, but it looks like the ipad didnt' actually post it.

I said:

It has to be a PS4 reveal. It's completely focused on the PS brand. It's smart and sharp.

Note the colours. I'm betting the PS4 has one of those LEDs that can turn a wide range of colours (like the Galaxy Nexus has) as a main visual design element.

The OS will be updated every week with the aid of a patch. These are not cumulative updates, but every single one has to be applied in order. The good news is that it won't be necessary to update game titles anymore, because all the patches for every game ever released is part of the system update. If your internet connection is too slow for the 50GB updates, you can buy the updates on Bluray for a tenner each. You can only boot the system if the latest update is applied.

To prevent people from not updating by pulling out their Internet cable, any PS4 detecting it's not connected to the internet for over an hour will self destruct. If you can prove to customer service that it wasn't your fault, you can get a new one for a nominal charge of RRP. Your account will be reset and all purchases will have to be bought again.

He's either trolling like a mofo, or it's related to the Lucid games teaser from a few months ago.

If there's a PGR-like launch title for PS4 which is truly great (no Blur-esque fiasco please), then it would be a huge finger to big old MS and definitely reason for me to seriously consider fucking getting one. PGR2 and PGR4 are still some of the best racers ever made.

Probably using the Move LEDs, they look lovely when they go into all the glorious colours! mode.

They'll make it a new visual indent for console. Look at the teaser again and look at this:

http://youtu.be/gTQchB_NL9A

The pink, blue and gold/yellow you get off RGB LEDs are quite distinctive .

Wont that just be related to Move in some way?

It could indicate that there will be a focus on Move for PS4, what with the colours being the same (reinforcing the new PS4 brand), but i'm betting the console itself will have a big RGB LED on that will, like the Xbox's ring of light, be a visual ident for the console.

Rise of the robots 3do.

I'm excited about this, more than just playing games, I'm looking forward to the months of longing, re-reading rumours, leaked footage, early unboxing vids, the drive to town and finally the sense of triumph that cakes the whole new-item extravaganza for a few weeks during which my gentle babysitting of the dazzling metal-plastic conglomerate slips into apathy and ultimately abuse.

humming with the obscene power of the next gen.

Nice.

Tbh, I'm a total spec-whore and I want this thing to breathe flames. Whichever of the 2 is a more violent machine gets my money, don't give a shit about 1st/3rd party. I want it to need special cooling and fans.

Our Sony, Who art in Tokyo

Hallowed be Thy Name;

Thy kingdom come,

Thy will be done,

In the West as it is in Japan.

Give us this day our next gen console,

and forgive us our Wiis and Xboxen,

as we forgive those who try to sell waggle to us;

and lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from Nintendo and Microsoft. Amen.

They'll make it a new visual indent for console. Look at the teaser again and look at this:

http://youtu.be/gTQchB_NL9A

The pink, blue and gold/yellow you get off RGB LEDs are quite distinctive .

It could indicate that there will be a focus on Move for PS4, what with the colours being the same (reinforcing the new PS4 brand), but i'm betting the console itself will have a big RGB LED on that will, like the Xbox's ring of light, be a visual ident for the console.

Or something like the blue light on the Wii. Don't know why Nintendo didn't copy that over to the Wii U.

This machine will own the market. standard edition will come with three months ps+ out of the box. Psn and ps3 bc. vita dual play. move camera packaged in. photorealistic hologram gameplay. All games in 3D with packaged in goggles.

Gamers will work a third job to be able to pay for it.

This machine will own the market. standard edition will come with three months ps+ out of the box. Psn and ps3 bc. vita dual play. move camera packaged in. photorealistic hologram gameplay. All games in 3D with packaged in goggles.

I wouldn't be so sure about the PlayStation Plus part. Sony didn't have it on the Vita for at launch, presumably to allow for more games to be released for the IGC.