PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

The PS3 to be still feels fairly new to me so it'll be interesting how they make the PS4 different and to stand out. Lets hope this time they make a nice sleek machine like their PSOne and PS2 rather than a huge gaming beast like the PS3 was.

I remember the first time I heard a 360 power up; I was genuinely flabbergasted at the fan noise. Then the disc drive kicked in and unleashed Thor's rage upon my ears!

PS3 was very nicely quiet in comparison, but does have a bit of a habit of having the fans kick into Afterburner mode after a few hours of Uncharted 3

According to the Wall Street Journal the PS4 will indeed be revealed and released later this year.

Yeh, I'm not sure I believe this. I know someone who is working on a next gen title and they were told to aim for an early 2014 launch. It could have changed ofc.

GTA5 is sept, so this wont hit til nov, and it needs to have a decent pad. Needs to be 350 at most which will be tricky...3.5gb ram seems a sticking point too. By 2015 top end PC games will be using 20+gb, and theres no way it will have any 4ktv support with 3.5gb available ram for textures. Should be interesting, but its not the jump people think. It'll be more like this gen, but with guaranteed 1080p OR 720p and 60fps...not both unless special cases with reduced physics..ie; COD static environments in 1080p, or Havok stuff at 720p 60fps.

People need to set their expectations to realistic, aswell as dumping all the "weapon change" jokes. Still... I think it'll beat the next xbox. That thing looks a mess.