IGNORED

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

Also, Sony always marks the capacity and colour so that when they sell later variants, it's obvious what the spec and colour of the original model were.

Actually, its this.

I thought it said controller in the small print but it's the product code..

How do you know it was 14fps? Did you count or something?

No, I clicked on a digital foundry video to make sure I had my facts straight before I posted. Within a few seconds it had dropped to 14fps. Apparently that's fine though, what do I know.

No, I clicked on a digital foundry video to make sure I had my facts straight before I posted. Within a few seconds it had dropped to 14fps. Apparently that's fine though, what do I know.

And that is exactly why 1080p/60FPS will never be standard on the next-gen consoles. Why would devs bother when a game that runs around 20 most of the time and even drops as low as 14 is considered 'fine' and 'playable' by the majority of their audience?

And that is exactly why 1080p/60FPS will never be standard on the next-gen consoles. Why would devs bother when a game that runs around 20 most of the time and even drops as low as 14 is considered 'fine' and 'playable' by the majority of their audience?

Yup. Though I expect to see SOME 1080/60 on account of devs using old engines and being able to get away with it, i.e. Titanfall. I expect to see a lot of people who defended purchases with significant performance issues at the tail-end of this gen to justify their next-gen purchases with comparison shots and videos. Maybe something like a 20fps Far Cry 3 seems fine until you see what it's really supposed to look like (a next-gen rerelease would be amazing) and then you feel like you're lacking something. It's not really "graphics" so much as fluidity, and it's not really "high frame rate" so much as "consistent frame rate". Saints Row 4 is another great example, people will tell you it's fine for them but all I've heard in podcasts and reviews is "the performance issues actively harm the gameplay". The subheading of the Giantbomb quicklook is "play this game on PC". I'm not pro-PC so much as anti shitty performance, we should ask for better and I hope the next-gen doesn't bring a slew of extremely pretty slideshow games. Hearing Forza, Halo, AC4 MP, Killzone MP, Driveclub etc all aiming for 60fps is a good thing.

Skip to 48mins (spoilers?)

Youtube has a 30fps limit so don't be all "I can't tell the difference" lol

Wow, so it looks like that bundle is going to be a Europe wide bundle:

eurogamer-iew0zd.jpg

The bundle contains Killzone: Shadowfall, The Playstation Camera and an extra controller, all for €499. I'll be all over that to be quite honest. Hope I can upgrade my pre-order to that!

Source

Wow, so it looks like that bundle is going to be a Europe wide bundle:

eurogamer-iew0zd.jpg

The bundle contains Killzone: Shadowfall, The Playstation Camera and an extra controller, all for €499. I'll be all over that to be quite honest. Hope I can upgrade my pre-order to that!

Source

Same here...mine is with shopto and I really want that bundle.

I wasn't planning on getting a second controller at launch but had already ordered Killzone and, for some reason, a camera (which I will likely never use) so an upgrade so to get those two for less and with a free second controller too would be fantastic..

I hope that the more vitriolic fanboys wishing doom and destruction on MS can now see the benefit of competition so let's hope that MS react accordingly with an improved bundle/price-cut/whatever they need to appear competitive as, right now, they look poor value for money compared to Sony's offering...

I wasn't planning on getting a second controller at launch but had already ordered Killzone and, for some reason, a camera (which I will likely never use) so an upgrade so to get those two for less and with a free second controller too would be fantastic..

I hope that the more vitriolic fanboys wishing doom and destruction on MS can now see the benefit of competition so let's hope that MS react accordingly with an improved bundle/price-cut/whatever they need to appear competitive as, right now, they look poor value for money compared to Sony's offering...

I'm mostly amused by the number of people wanting cameras with the PS4 when MS were getting blasted for including it as part of the package.

I was deffo going to get a second pad but not interested in KillZone or the camera.

I'm mostly amused by the number of people wanting cameras with the PS4 when MS were getting blasted for including it as part of the package.

I was deffo going to get a second pad but not interested in KillZone or the camera.

MS were quite rightly getting blasted at the time because you had to have it connected, and we see how getting blasted for it has made them change their policy regarding it.

It's an itty bit different in that it means people can buy the bundle and promptly sell the camera if they don't want it, thus getting the extra controller and game for even less. Selling on the Kinect would be a tad trickier, as it isn't "bundled with" the console, but rather a necessary part of it.

Shopto have responded about the bundles

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Playstation 4 console. We are just a few short months away from the launch of Sony's next generation console, which will be released on 29th November 2013. We're delighted to inform you that we have just listed 15 exciting Playstation 4 console bundles on the website for pre-order. These bundles feature a range of different games and accessories that will ensure you receive everything you want together in one tidy package on delivery of your new console. If you placed your pre-order after the 5th August then unfortunately as you know your pre-order is not guaranteed for launch at this time. However if you did pre-order before this time and are worried about losing your pre-ordered date to get one of these bundles then fear not - thanks to our unique SWAP system you can switch your existing console pre-order to one of these new bundles now and still keep your original pre-ordered date! We'll process your pre-order at exactly the same time we would have before. To make a swap simply log into your account and visit your pre-orders section; here you'll see a SWAP icon and by clicking this you'll be able to quickly and easily switch your pre-order to one of the console bundles on offer. For more details on our SWAP service and how it works please click here. Playstation 4 will soon be here, so be sure to take advantage of one of these exciting new bundles now.

Kind Regards,

ShopTo Customer Service

Now all we need is for them to sell the Killzone bundle

You get a slightly less powerful console, a much more powerful camera that'll be supplied with all consoles so there's a hope someone will think of a decent use for it, a different free game with much broader appeal than Killzone, a far better looking headset and no second controller.

Is that really "poor value for money"?