IGNORED

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

mushashi

I can handle 30fps* (would obviously prefer 60) but I want an out- of-car view when I'm racing.

I'd love them to make a PS4 version of this though:

iX1w8Gxut5fau.gif

This is so glorious. A real shame a lot of people didn't get into it.

iX1w8Gxut5fau.gif

Fucking amazing. Too brutal for loads of people, but for me, the finest racer ever made.

DriveClub is sending me to sleep at the moment, but even if Evolution never make an arcade racer again, at least I'll always have the Apocalypse.

I kept trying to convince people Apocalypse was like Burnout at the End of the World, and if you like arcade racers you'll love it, but even getting it free wasn't enough to sway them :(

The entire MotorStorm series has been anything but an arcade racer to me. It feels more like trying to race with a slot-machine for a steering wheel.

The entire MotorStorm series has been anything but an arcade racer to me. It feels more like trying to race with a slot-machine for a steering wheel.

Brilliant and absolutely correct. Not to say I wouldn't want a sequel though, Motorstorm was my first HD game on console and the concept of multiple track routes for a variety of vehicles was awesome and well executed.

The first MotorStorm was the best. Slotmachine my *ss.

Confronting the brutality of its AI whilst trying to keep your vehicle on track provided for some of the most exhilarating moments I ever encountered in a racer.

I liked the second one the best, just. You have to learn the tracks to avoid slamming into things, that's all.

Hey, it's worth noting that Valve are still putting out exclusive Portal 2 DLC for PS3 for some reason (the latest pack is out this week) so there's obviously channels of communication open there. Would love to see Valve pop up in some form at the PS4 presser.

I know what you mean, but Pacific Rift refined that and then Apocalypse went away from that kind of handling a fair bit. Many didn't like the way the vehicles controlled almost digital like in Apocalypse compared to the first Motorstorm.

Motorstorm Apocalypse was this generations F-Zero GX. A pure hardcore arcade assault on the senses experience.

Sadly, like F-Zero, it sold like shit, and its not at all surprising that Evolution are now going for the relative sales safety of real cars and open roads.

Does the PlayStation 4 allow full installation of disks this time around and then let you play them from the hdd without the disk being needed again?

Seemingly yes to the first part — games are installed as you play them — hopefully not to the second as you'd inevitably be trading a minor convenience for some form of DRM.

Does the PlayStation 4 allow full installation of disks this time around and then let you play them from the hdd without the disk being needed again?

Nothing confirmed, but it's doubtful for the same reason they stopped letting you do that with PC games in the 90s- you'd buy something from Game, install it, pass it around all your mates then return it for a refund and all of you get to keep it.

Did that with Quake II, between us we had about 30 free copies of it.

You'll need the disc to say, "Yes, I still am the owner of this game". Or a big, fat DRM-related thing instead.

Paging Rushy to the thread. Your fans need fps answers, dude!

I'm always keeping an eye on the threads ;)

As the DRIVECLUB twitter account said, once we've locked it down we'll going into detail.

There will certainly be more details at E3.

I wouldn't be too put off by the pre-owned aspect if you're buying from a physical store as you can ask to inspect the hardware and check it isn't scummy.

That said, you might as well wait until Tuesday in case Sony announce cheaper memory cards or the like; easily the worst aspect of the machine.