rllmuk
mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

Just now, Dudley said:

If you're in Bucks you're welcome to come try out a vive, that'd prove the point pretty quick.

Cheers, I'm up in Merseyside though. I actually wonder if just grabbing a google cardboard might show me if it would work or not? Might try to grab one and give it a go.

Without knowing specifics about your vision, I'd imagine being blind in one eye makes you unable to perceive depth in real life also, so VR would be no different?

Just now, Darwock said:

Without knowing specifics about your vision, I'd imagine being blind in one eye makes you unable to perceive depth in real life also, so VR would be no different?

I don't think it's as straightforward as that though. As my brain only really uses one eye there is a lot of other stuff going on to help me perceive depth in real life, and thats been the same for the whole of my life, so it's kind of difficult for me to comprehend how things 'should' look as I've only ever seen the world one way. I don't have any problems perceiving depth as my brain is using all kind of other visual cues to work that out, I presume VR would be the same. 

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread with vision talk, I'll grab a Cardboard and give it a go.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Horribleman said:

It won't be any different to how you perceive 3D games on a TV.

Sounds like I'll be fine then. Lets see if there are any nice deals around for Black Friday!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Sounds like I'll be fine then. Lets see if there are any nice deals around for Black Friday!

Yeah I mean, astro bot should still be great. 

The resolution might look a little worse but I'm not sure how your eyes interpolate that. 

• Upvote 1

I've got really bad vision in my left eye. If I close my right all I get is a coloured blur in which I can just make out shapes.

VR works great. I've bought a PSVR V1 on the Black Friday sale whan they first got cheap enough that I was prepared to risk it.

It works great. I've since bought a Rift and a PSVR V2. I suppose I still don't get true depth perception, but I don't in real life either so it looks real to me.

I found that I needed to fiddle with the software IPD adjustment a bit as having it wrong just made everything seem too small. I think I still get enough information through my duff eye to fool my brain.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Roomservice said:

I've got really bad vision in my left eye. If I close my right all I get is a coloured blur in which I can just make out shapes.

VR works great. I've bought a PSVR V1 on the Black Friday sale whan they first got cheap enough that I was prepared to risk it.

It works great. I've since bought a Rift and a PSVR V2. I suppose I still don't get true depth perception, but I don't in real life either so it looks real to me.

I found that I needed to fiddle with the software IPD adjustment a bit as having it wrong just made everything seem too small. I think I still get enough information through my duff eye to fool my brain.

Sounds exactly like me, so thats brilliant. Thanks for the info.

Not something I am looking at for a long time yet. But If I was to come across a cheap v1 PSVR after the holidays. Would that be sufficient? Or should I ONLY be looking at v2?

I only got the V2 because I got a TV with HDR and the V1 control box dosen't pass this through. Also the cable to the headset is thinner/lighter on the V2.

They work just the same and the image quality is identical.

You know when you find some money in an old coat you forgot about? Feels good. 

Well had £30 in built up credit on PSN still from before we sold the PS4 previously. 

God of War and Spider-Man picked up as both on sale! Which has lifted my mood a bit. 

Shame I couldn't also afford Persona 5, but sure it'll go on sale again in the future. 

4 minutes ago, bradigor said:

You know when you find some money in an old coat you forgot about? Feels good. 

Well had £30 in built up credit on PSN still from before we sold the PS4 previously. 

God of War and Spider-Man picked up as both on sale! Which has lifted my mood a bit. 

Shame I couldn't also afford Persona 5, but sure it'll go on sale again in the future. 

I’d wait now for Persona 5 Royal next year. We are due an announcement on the western release date in a couple of weeks.

nice bonus on the PSN money though!

• Upvote 1

Astro Bot: £12.99 - https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-CUSA12392_00-PLATFORMERVR00EU

That is a ridiculous price and if you have PSVR and don't already own it then do it now! 

After selling my original PS4 a while back and going Switch only I’m back in with a Pro.

I got it with Death Stranding and picked up Spider-Man and God of War in the digital sale. By the time I’m done with them I should be able to pick up Shenmue 3 and Jedi Fallen Order for cheap so I’m feeling very content about my gaming plans for the next few months. 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Crhis said:

After selling my original PS4 a while back and going Switch only I’m back in with a Pro.

The pro is a good bit of although apparently the earlier ones were really noisy! The latter ones are better but mine is still fairly loud at times!

Anyway welcome back and enjoy Death Stranded, Shenmue 3. Last of us 2 and Ghosts of Taushima to look forward too next year and the backlog of other things.

One thing I never quite understand sometimes about console cycles... They get to say 100m units and then move onto newer hardware. 100m is a massive potential market to earn some money from especially for software.... Suppose progress and competition but....

13 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Christmas sale has lots from my wishlist on it. Don't know if I am gutted or glad to be skint. 

I noticed the same this morning. I’ll have to be prudent but a few games are must buy in this. But as I just bought stuff in the Black Friday sale it’s more about the time than the cost. Got so much to play

On 01/12/2019 at 18:00, MattyP said:

The pro is a good bit of although apparently the earlier ones were really noisy! The latter ones are better but mine is still fairly loud at times!

Anyway welcome back and enjoy Death Stranded, Shenmue 3. Last of us 2 and Ghosts of Taushima to look forward too next year and the backlog of other things.

One thing I never quite understand sometimes about console cycles... They get to say 100m units and then move onto newer hardware. 100m is a massive potential market to earn some money from especially for software.... Suppose progress and competition but....

I think/hope games will keep coming for a long while for Ps4. Especially seeing as they'll also work on PS5 so the market will just keep getting bigger. 

• Upvote 1

Wait - black friday sale ended yesterday, and a christmas sale started today? :/

I agonized for ages over whether to hit the buy button on a bunch of stuff...

• Upvote 1

Not sure where to put this so I'll go for here:

Some quite cool wallpapers to dl and even 5k versions further down. 

• Upvote 1