rllmuk
mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

DriveClub VR is £8 so I'm tempted.  I quite liked the demo.  Is it still worth playing with the online/servers having been turned off?

If you want to play it you'd better buy it now as it will be delisted from the end of August and unavailable thereafter.

On 10/08/2019 at 23:44, rafaqat said:

DriveClub VR is £8 so I'm tempted.  I quite liked the demo.  Is it still worth playing with the online/servers having been turned off?

Apparently the Driveclub VR demo is on the first VR demo pack, right? For some reason I've never noticed or tried it if so, never bought it due to the mixed opinions and didn't know if it'd just make me throw up, but if it's disappearing forever it'd be a shame not to at least give it a go to see if I'd get on with it. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JohnC said:

Will Driveclub continue to work offline after the servers are shut?

Yep, you'll just lose all online interaction - online races, the clubs stuff and so on. I'd guess time trial times would be the only things that are vaguely online-y to continue.

Of the three Wipeout games on the collection on PSPlus, which is the best/easiest/friendliest? Neither me or my girlfriend has ever played before, but she liked the look of it. We tried out 2048 for a bit tonight but honestly neither of us has any clue what’s going on or what we’re supposed to do. There’s a lot of menu options and spaceship options, and then when you get into the game I’m not really sure what the controls are or what most of the stuff it’s showing me or shouting at me is. Do either of the others have any type of tutorial? Or even a section at the start with a few easier races without weapons (2048 only had 1)?

On 10/08/2019 at 23:44, rafaqat said:

I can't believe I've never tried the demo before, it's brilliant. Only thing is I find pretty much every VR game a bit lacking in clarity (don't think my eyes help) and this is the worst of the lot. Definitely buying given its disappearing forever.

7 hours ago, Broker said:

Of the three Wipeout games on the collection on PSPlus, which is the best/easiest/friendliest? 

HellfireWZ has some superb tutorials on YouTube. I've been bouncing off the series since Wipe3out (literally, in the case of the fucking track walls) but since watching this I've actually been able to make it round the track, finally. 

• Upvote 2

I bought Burnout Paradise and Wolf II Deluxe in the sale with the extra 25% off code (and I used discounted credit, so a triple discount!).

Can I reuse the code for another purchase, does anyone know? Or was it a one-basket-only deal?

Why not just put something in the basket, apply the code and see?

edit: I went to the massive effort of doing this myself, and it's definitely a single use code.

• Upvote 2

There seems to be some kind of indie sale at the moment, with stuff like Observation, Lone: Far Sails, Heaven's Vault, Hong Kong Massacre and Shakedown: Hawaii all having quite nice discounts (along with a load of stuff that isn't on my wishlist, probably).

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, K said:

There seems to be some kind of indie sale at the moment, with stuff like Observation, Lone: Far Sails, Heaven's Vault, Hong Kong Massacre and Shakedown: Hawaii all having quite nice discounts (along with a load of stuff that isn't on my wishlist, probably).

Yep, lots of nice ones on there, I'll finally get around to picking up A Hat in Time as my treat for the month. Puyo Puyo Tetris half price too

Never buy digital games full-price, unless it's at launch and it's a game you REALLY want. Everything goes on sale every few weeks. On the other hand I guess, you gave a small developer some extra cash. That satisfaction is probably worth £8.

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia has announced the lineup of titles it will showcase at Tokyo Game Show 2019, which runs from September 12 to 15 at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan.

The company’s lineup is as follows:

PlayStation 4 Titles

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Atlus) – Trailer
AI: The Somnium Files (Spike Chunsoft) – Trailer
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout (Koei Tecmo) – Trailer
Biped (Next Studios) – Trailer
Borderlands 3 (Take-Two Interactive Japan) – Playable, Trailer
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (SIE) – Playable, Trailer
Code Vein (Bandai Namco) – Trailer
Concrete Genie (SIE) – Playable, Trailer
Contra: Rogue Corps (Konami) – Trailer
Control (Marvelous) – Trailer
Cyberpunk 2077 (Spike Chunsoft) – Trailer
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (Bandai Namco) – Trailer
Death Stranding (SIE) – Trailer
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep (SIE) – Trailer
Digimon Survive (Bandai Namco) – Trailer
Divinity: Original Sin II Definitive Edition (Spike Chunsoft) – Trailer
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (Bandai Namco) – Playable, Trailer
Dreams (SIE) – Trailer
eFootball PES 2020 (Konami) – Playable, Trailer
FIFA 20 (EA) – Playable, Trailer
Final Fantasy VII Remake (Square Enix) – Playable, Trailer
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition (Square Enix) – Trailer
Fortnite (Epic Games) – Playable, Trailer
Genshin Impact (Mihoyo) – Playable, Trailer
Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (Ubisoft) – Trailer
Ghost of Tsushima (SIE) – Trailer (Update: Old Trailer)
Granblue Fantasy: Versus (Cygames) – Playable, Trailer
Gungrave G.O.R.E. (Iggymob) – Trailer
Inazuma Eleven Ares (Level-5) – Trailer
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate (Mages) (also on PS Vita) – Trailer
Little Nightmares II (Bandai Namco) – Trailer
Marvel’s Avengers (Square Enix) – Trailer
MediEvil (SIE) – Playable, Trailer
Mega Man Zero / ZX Legacy Collection (Capcom) – Trailer
Monkey King: Hero is Back (SIE) – Playable, Trailer
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (Capcom) – Trailer
Need for Speed: Heat (EA) – Trailer
New Guilty Gear (Arc System Works) – Trailer
Nioh 2 (Koei Tecmo) – Playable, Trailer
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (Bandai Namco) – Playable, Trailer
One-Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows (Bandai Namco) – Trailer
Persona 5 Royal (Atlus) – Playable, Trailer
Project Resistance (Capcom) – Playable, Trailer
Project Sakura Wars (Sega) – Playable, Trailer
ReadySet Heroes (SIE) – Playable, Trailer
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV (Koei Tecmo) – Trailer
Romancing SaGa 3 (Square Enix) (also on PS Vita) – Trailer
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (Marvelous) – Trailer
SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays (Bandai Namco) – Trailer
Shenmue III (Koch Media / Deep Silver) – Trailer
Star Ocean: First Departure R (Square Enix) – Trailer
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Orrder (EA) – Trailer
Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris (Bandai Namco) – Trailer
Tales of Arise (Bandai Namco) – Trailer
Trials of Mana (Square Enix) – Playable, Trailer
Watch Dogs: Legion (Ubisoft) – Trailer
Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Sega) – Playable, Trailer

PlayStation VR Titles

Concrete Genie (SIE) – Playable, Trailer
Deemo Reborn (Unties) – Playable, Trailer
Marvel’s Iron Man VR (SIE) – Playable, Trailer
Hatsune Miku VR (Degica Games) – Playable, Trailer
Sairento VR (Initiative Media) – Trailer
Stumper (Thirteenth Floor Corporation) – Trailer
Throw Anything (Visual Light) – Playable, Trailer

PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2019 Titles

These are the titles Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia will feature stage events for at the PlayStation booth, which will be live streamed on YouTube and Twitch. A full schedule will be announced at a later date.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (SIE)
Death Stranding (SIE)
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (Bandai Namco)
Final Fantasy VII Remake (Square Enix)
Gran Turismo Sport (SIE)
Nioh 2 (Koei Tecmo)
Project Resistance (Capcom)
Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Sega)

https://gematsu.com/2019/09/sony-announces-tgs-2019-lineup

• Upvote 3

Do I have to delete a version of a game installed from disc in order to play the digital version? I wanted to give Arkham Knight a blast, but it keeps telling me to insert the disc and I can't seem download the PS+ version from the store.

Yeah, you need to delete the disc version and re-download the digital version (and patch it, and download the DLC again too). There's probably some technical reason why this is the case, but it feels really user unfriendly and a bit shoddy. At least it automatically downloads your save data.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Do I have to delete a version of a game installed from disc in order to play the digital version? I wanted to give Arkham Knight a blast, but it keeps telling me to insert the disc and I can't seem download the PS+ version from the store.

I didn’t with Assassin’s Creed Origins, but having it twice on my home screen annoyed me so I deleted the installed from disc version.

15 hours ago, FozZ said:

Just came to post about these. Own almost all of them so hopefully some kind soul scans them all to print. 

I'd love full size poster prints to be made available. 

33 minutes ago, Fargo said:

I'd love full size poster prints to be made available. 

Likewise. Someone on twitter said the same and PlayStation replied to say they'd look into if the files can be made available 

• Upvote 1

Hooked up my Pro to an LG 4K TV and after a few weeks I was noticing when I turned it on sometimes there’d be no picture, even though there seemed to be a signal going through. Also there wass a white light on the console...

Rebooting worked, but caused the PS4 to go into recovery mode. I presumed it was something to do with it shutting itself off while in HDR mode.

More recently the picture started breaking up and cutting out. Dodgy HDMI lead I thought, so I changed it, which seemed to fix the problem, after a few weeks it’s started happening with the new cable too. 

After Googling it seems to be a case of the early stages of The White Light of Death. whereby a PS4 Pro buggers up when used with 4K TVs. Not sure why that would cause individual cables to fail though?

Anyone else had this? Or know anyone that can fix it?