Jump to content
rllmuk
mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

Recommended Posts

EA Access is available now in the Store. Has anyone checked it out yet? I'm at work right now and would love to know what it actually offers PS4 users.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, df0 said:

EA Access is available now in the Store. Has anyone checked it out yet? I'm at work right now and would love to know what it actually offers PS4 users.

I took this list from hot deals, this is apparently all the games at present:

A Way Out
Battlefield 1
Battlefield 4
Battlefield Hardline
Battlefield V
Burnout Paradise Remastered
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Fe
FIFA 15
FIFA 16
FIFA 17
FIFA 18
FIFA 19
Madden NFL 15
Madden NFL 16
Madden NFL 17
Madden NFL 18
Madden NFL 19
Madden NFL 25
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
NBA Live 15
NBA Live 16
NBA Live 17
NBA Live 18
NBA Live 19
Need for Speed
Need for Speed: Payback
Need for Speed Rivals
NHL 15
NHL 16
NHL 17
NHL 18
NHL 19
Peggle 2
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Battlefront 2
Titanfall 2
The Sims 4
UFC
UFC 2
UFC 3
Unravel
Unravel Two

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, df0 said:

Hmm, might be worth it for a month or two.

It’s 20 for a year or 3.99 a month btw if you didn’t already know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you cancel any time with the EA thing? I was looking at NHL 19 for £8.99 in the sale but I doubt I'd play it more than a few months so £4/8 for it plus the rest seems a better option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EA discount their older games so heavily that I’m not sure how much value you’d get out of subscribing to EA Access instead of just buying the games you want when they go on sale. The older Need for Speed and Battlefield games are often less than a fiver, and the newer ones are usually £8.99. Mirror’s Edge Catalyst and Titanfall 2 are usually about a fiver too. It seems like a more enticing prospect on the Xbox given that you get a whole library of last-gen games too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't Titanfall 2 something like £3 in the sale a few weeks back.

 

I got it, just because everyone raves about it..... I admit i haven't even downloaded it to my console yet :doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it’s their way of getting on that late ‘90s-early 2000s nostalgia wave. “Remember when we were the useless shitehawks with all the licences and no shame?”

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking to buy a PS4 Pro. I've heard rumours that the ones in the RDR2 bundle are quieter than the older models.

Is this true?

Is there a way I can get the new quieter model reliably without buying that bundle?

Where's the cheapest place to get one from in the UK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone wants to try out the new Software Update 7.00, I have been given a code which can be used 20 times (it is for the EU region):

QRHL-Q5NN-33HN

 

Some details about the latest update:

 

Be one of the first players to try out the new PS4™ Party update, as part of the PlayStation® Beta experience. Play, chat and connect with even more friends online, as we’re boosting Party sessions from eight to 16 players – this brand-new feature is due to release in System Software Update 7.00. 

Performance for system updates is also being improved, meaning your PS4™ won’t always need to restart after every update. Going forwards, select system software updates will automatically be installed after download if the [System Software Update Files]setting is switched on, found under: 
[Settings] > [System] > [Auto Downloads]

If you participate in this Beta trial, you won’t be able to join the same Party or use Share Play with others who aren’t also participating in the trial. Once you’ve opted in to the trial, Parties that you’re able to join will have an asterisk (*) in front of the Party name.

 

 

Enjoy

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new HDR setting is interesting. It looks like you can set HDR from the system menu now rather than in each individual game. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, wullie said:

Can you cancel any time with the EA thing? I was looking at NHL 19 for £8.99 in the sale but I doubt I'd play it more than a few months so £4/8 for it plus the rest seems a better option.

 

It looks like it - the £4/month thing auto-renews though so you'd have to go and cancel it before you accidentally renewed.

 

Despite the general lacklustre reception here, I showed my son the list of games in the EA Access vault and he got very excited.  We usually wait for the yearly FIFA update until it's a sensible price so this might just end up cost neutral in that regard, and as a bonus lets us try out things we probably wouldn't have bothered with previously (i.e. all of the other yearly sports franchises - there's gotta be a good game somewhere in there, right? ...right?)

 

The other thing I wanted to check was that the games aren't tied to the account on which you pay for EA Access.  All accounts on my PS4 (which is my only console) can play the games that I download on my account through EA Access.  Was slightly worried I'd need to get the boy his own account (like Fortnite battle passes etc) but that's not the case.  YMMV if you have multiple consoles, I guess.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fretnoise said:

 

It looks like it - the £4/month thing auto-renews though so you'd have to go and cancel it before you accidentally renewed.

 

Despite the general lacklustre reception here, I showed my son the list of games in the EA Access vault and he got very excited.  We usually wait for the yearly FIFA update until it's a sensible price so this might just end up cost neutral in that regard, and as a bonus lets us try out things we probably wouldn't have bothered with previously (i.e. all of the other yearly sports franchises - there's gotta be a good game somewhere in there, right? ...right?)

 

The other thing I wanted to check was that the games aren't tied to the account on which you pay for EA Access.  All accounts on my PS4 (which is my only console) can play the games that I download on my account through EA Access.  Was slightly worried I'd need to get the boy his own account (like Fortnite battle passes etc) but that's not the case.  YMMV if you have multiple consoles, I guess.

 

It works like game sharing does. Certainly on xbox anyway. So two people on different consoles can share one ea access pass.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen people on here moan about how loud their OG PS4 is. I always put it down to poor ventilation - mine would occasionally whir a little when really pressed, but nothing too obtrusive.

 

Since I moved house though, holy shit my PS4 has turned into a harrier jump jet afterburner. It still has just as much ventilation, but just moving it from one house to another has totally changed its volume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

I've seen people on here moan about how loud their OG PS4 is. I always put it down to poor ventilation - mine would occasionally whir a little when really pressed, but nothing too obtrusive.

 

Since I moved house though, holy shit my PS4 has turned into a harrier jump jet afterburner. It still has just as much ventilation, but just moving it from one house to another has totally changed its volume.

 

sympathetic resonance. is it still in the same cabinet? is there a chance the properties of the cabinet have changed in the move?

 

gone from carpet to wooden floor? 

 

but also, vacuum the vents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/07/2019 at 13:03, markh said:

It’s 20 for a year or 3.99 a month btw if you didn’t already know

 

There are two games in the list that I’d want to play (Burnout and Mirror’s Edge) which cost less than a year’s sub to buy outright.

 

I don’t think EA Access is for me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me why my PS4 has the worst connection out of all I've my devices? It's wired directly into the router, the green box is over the road outside my house and steam downloads at 8MB/s (or whichever one it is, basically 80 meg fibre). Every time I test it it's hangs around the 22mb mark. I've changed the cable and tried all sorts of other fucker but it's still garbage. Is it PSN/something else out of my control?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Can anyone tell me why my PS4 has the worst connection out of all I've my devices? It's wired directly into the router, the green box is over the road outside my house and steam downloads at 8MB/s (or whichever one it is, basically 80 meg fibre). Every time I test it it's hangs around the 22mb mark. I've changed the cable and tried all sorts of other fucker but it's still garbage. Is it PSN/something else out of my control?

 

Don't think it's PSN. I have a 36 MB connection and just done a test, it's at 36 on the PS4. Mine is wired into the router as well. Bizarre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Can anyone tell me why my PS4 has the worst connection out of all I've my devices? It's wired directly into the router, the green box is over the road outside my house and steam downloads at 8MB/s (or whichever one it is, basically 80 meg fibre). Every time I test it it's hangs around the 22mb mark. I've changed the cable and tried all sorts of other fucker but it's still garbage. Is it PSN/something else out of my control?

 

Pausing the download and restarting sometimes speeds it up.  I'm sure I read something a while back that said Sony picks one CDN to download from and sticks to it while MS dynamically changes it as you download to pick the best one.   Pausing and restarting makes your Ps4 pick  the best one again.   

 

https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/cdn/what-is-a-cdn/

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

 

Pausing the download and restarting sometimes speeds it up.  I'm sure I read something a while back that said Sony picks one CDN to download from and sticks to it while MS dynamically changes it as you download to pick the best one.   Pausing and restarting makes your Ps4 pick  the best one again.   

 

https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/cdn/what-is-a-cdn/

 

Does it do that with the network test? I've got a whole suite of problems but they mainly only happen with the PS4 and I'm wondering if it's the router, the ps4, both or neither.

 

I paused the download and restarted it and it dropped from 3 hours to 90 mins so that's summat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

 

Does it do that with the network test? I've got a whole suite of problems but they mainly only happen with the PS4 and I'm wondering if it's the router, the ps4, both or neither.

 

I paused the download and restarted it and it dropped from 3 hours to 90 mins so that's summat.

 

I've generally found the Ps4 to be the slowest when it comes to downloads.  

I assume the network test is the same but not sure,  pick a CDN at the start of the download and stick to it probably. 

 

What other issues are you getting other than slow downloads?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a weird issue with Battlefield V where I encounter stuttering when noone else does. There are no icons on the screen to indicate anything's wrong and my ping time is around 30 but every so often I'll stop running for half a second then start again while the game is continuing on around me as if everything is fine. I also get the network indicator in H1Z1 but I just presumed that was because H1Z1 is a buggy sack of crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I have a weird issue with Battlefield V where I encounter stuttering when noone else does. There are no icons on the screen to indicate anything's wrong and my ping time is around 30 but every so often I'll stop running for half a second then start again while the game is continuing on around me as if everything is fine. I also get the network indicator in H1Z1 but I just presumed that was because H1Z1 is a buggy sack of crap.

 

That is a bit odd. 

What NAT type you on?

 

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-change-nat-type-on-ps4/

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.