PlayStation 4 Console Thread

9 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Sounds like I'll be fine then. Lets see if there are any nice deals around for Black Friday!

Yeah I mean, astro bot should still be great. 

The resolution might look a little worse but I'm not sure how your eyes interpolate that. 

I've got really bad vision in my left eye. If I close my right all I get is a coloured blur in which I can just make out shapes.

VR works great. I've bought a PSVR V1 on the Black Friday sale whan they first got cheap enough that I was prepared to risk it.

It works great. I've since bought a Rift and a PSVR V2. I suppose I still don't get true depth perception, but I don't in real life either so it looks real to me.

I found that I needed to fiddle with the software IPD adjustment a bit as having it wrong just made everything seem too small. I think I still get enough information through my duff eye to fool my brain.

4 minutes ago, Roomservice said:

I've got really bad vision in my left eye. If I close my right all I get is a coloured blur in which I can just make out shapes.

VR works great. I've bought a PSVR V1 on the Black Friday sale whan they first got cheap enough that I was prepared to risk it.

It works great. I've since bought a Rift and a PSVR V2. I suppose I still don't get true depth perception, but I don't in real life either so it looks real to me.

I found that I needed to fiddle with the software IPD adjustment a bit as having it wrong just made everything seem too small. I think I still get enough information through my duff eye to fool my brain.

Sounds exactly like me, so thats brilliant. Thanks for the info.

You know when you find some money in an old coat you forgot about? Feels good. 

Well had £30 in built up credit on PSN still from before we sold the PS4 previously. 

God of War and Spider-Man picked up as both on sale! Which has lifted my mood a bit. 

Shame I couldn't also afford Persona 5, but sure it'll go on sale again in the future. 

4 minutes ago, bradigor said:

You know when you find some money in an old coat you forgot about? Feels good. 

Well had £30 in built up credit on PSN still from before we sold the PS4 previously. 

God of War and Spider-Man picked up as both on sale! Which has lifted my mood a bit. 

Shame I couldn't also afford Persona 5, but sure it'll go on sale again in the future. 

I’d wait now for Persona 5 Royal next year. We are due an announcement on the western release date in a couple of weeks.

nice bonus on the PSN money though!

After selling my original PS4 a while back and going Switch only I’m back in with a Pro.

I got it with Death Stranding and picked up Spider-Man and God of War in the digital sale. By the time I’m done with them I should be able to pick up Shenmue 3 and Jedi Fallen Order for cheap so I’m feeling very content about my gaming plans for the next few months. 

41 minutes ago, Crhis said:

After selling my original PS4 a while back and going Switch only I’m back in with a Pro.

The pro is a good bit of although apparently the earlier ones were really noisy! The latter ones are better but mine is still fairly loud at times!

Anyway welcome back and enjoy Death Stranded, Shenmue 3. Last of us 2 and Ghosts of Taushima to look forward too next year and the backlog of other things.

One thing I never quite understand sometimes about console cycles... They get to say 100m units and then move onto newer hardware. 100m is a massive potential market to earn some money from especially for software.... Suppose progress and competition but....

13 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Christmas sale has lots from my wishlist on it. Don't know if I am gutted or glad to be skint. 

I noticed the same this morning. I’ll have to be prudent but a few games are must buy in this. But as I just bought stuff in the Black Friday sale it’s more about the time than the cost. Got so much to play

On 01/12/2019 at 18:00, MattyP said:

The pro is a good bit of although apparently the earlier ones were really noisy! The latter ones are better but mine is still fairly loud at times!

Anyway welcome back and enjoy Death Stranded, Shenmue 3. Last of us 2 and Ghosts of Taushima to look forward too next year and the backlog of other things.

One thing I never quite understand sometimes about console cycles... They get to say 100m units and then move onto newer hardware. 100m is a massive potential market to earn some money from especially for software.... Suppose progress and competition but....

I think/hope games will keep coming for a long while for Ps4. Especially seeing as they'll also work on PS5 so the market will just keep getting bigger. 

There are many PS4 exclusives I need to catch up on and play, the XboneX has taken up most of my gaming time for the last couple of years. With that in mind and with the PS5 still a year away I want to get round to playing God of War, Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn and Last of Us 2 (when it's out), but with only a base PS4 I'm a bit concerned that they're a bit nerfed compared to the Pro versions. Is that true or are they still well worth buying? 

Cheers!

11 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

There are many PS4 exclusives I need to catch up on and play, the XboneX has taken up most of my gaming time for the last couple of years. With that in mind and with the PS5 still a year away I want to get round to playing God of War, Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn and Last of Us 2 (when it's out), but with only a base PS4 I'm a bit concerned that they're a bit nerfed compared to the Pro versions. Is that true or are they still well worth buying? 

Cheers!

I’ve only had a base PS4, am playing Horizon at the moment and it’s stunning. I don’t think any of the games suffer from not being on a pro, they will just look a bit better on a 4K TV. Newer games, Last of Us 2 when it comes, may well run optimally on a pro but for the older games there should be zero issue

I've only recently got a standard PS4, and I have to say I am very pleased with it. I'd planned to stick with the PS3 and just be done with it all, but the missus gave this to me as an early Christmas pressie (chiefly because I'd backed Shenmue 3 and it suddenly popped through the door - we both love Shenmue) and I love it. I only have a handful of games but it's blown me away.

Trying to resist the urge to ruin it like I did with the PS3. I came to that console late in the cycle, much like this one, but because games were so cheap I picked up tons. Consequently I ended up with a massive amount unplayed, which completely ruined the console for me. I only plan to have around 10-15 tops for this but to get the most from them. I don't have the time like I did when I was 16, hammering SMW straight through 4 times a week! Plus I'm trying to be selective by picking games I really find appealing rather than just going on reviews. Also avoiding games with too much DLC and micro transactions. I like my games finished thank you very much!

I picked up a pro for £250 with death stranding the other day which struck me as a good deal. Have a slim and a 4K tv and the difference in what I’ve played so far is definitely a step up. Probably not one x levels but get sport for instance looks far better than on the base model as does hitman. So far so pleased. 

For my myself I prefer to pick up consoles 2-3 years before they are due to be replaced. All the hardware issues have been sorted out by then and developers have gotten to grips with the machine. You will have a lot of great games available at great prices which are all patched and have all DLC released already.