rllmuk
mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

31 minutes ago, sandman said:

Does any have any experience of the official PS4 headphones with 7.1 virtual surround?  Are they any good. Is the virtual surround decent? What about movies, do they sound good?

I’ve got those and they’re great. The games have to be programmed for 7.1, but even the ones that aren’t sound really good. For the money they’re a decent buy.

• Upvote 1

Take this with a pinch of salt, but here are the rumours for v7.00 update:

Upcoming features for the #PS4 UI coming. -Wishlist/Gifting for Ps Store -Trophy progression -Timelog/stats for all games -ability to pin games on dashboard

Pretty decent if true. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Treble said:

Take this with a pinch of salt, but here are the rumours for v7.00 update:

Pretty decent if true. 

I thought we already had wishlists?

25 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

I thought we already had wishlists?

We have wishlists but not gifting I don't think. Plus Wishlists only seem to appear on the browser version of the store

I just tried to buy Talos Principle on PSN. It said something went wrong, but took £3.99 out of my wallet anyway. Now when I go to my download list it’s not there and if I try to add the game to my basket it says I’m not eligible to buy or download this item. 

Anyone had this before?

5 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I just tried to buy Talos Principle on PSN. It said something went wrong, but took £3.99 out of my wallet anyway. Now when I go to my download list it’s not there and if I try to add the game to my basket it says I’m not eligible to buy or download this item. 

Anyone had this before?

Try going to your library (far right on the dashboard) and looking under games. It should (?) be there to download if the purchase went through

10 hours ago, AI1 said:

Heads up:

£50 PSN Credit on CDKeys for £39.99

HERE

They’ve a year of PS+ for £34 there too.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, sandman said:

Is it worth getting a Pro if you don’t have a 4K tv?

I'd say more so these days that the base PS4 struggles a little with some of the recent AAA games but generally, no. 

51 minutes ago, Dudley said:

If you don't already have a PS4 I would pay the extra.

But I wouldn't upgrade.

Well, my 500gig machine keeps running out of space. So I thought a pro might be a good idea 

I've been totally happy with Sekiro, God of War etc on my base PS4. Then there's the fact the PS5 is out presumably next year.

55 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

you could just get an external HDD? be a bit cheaper!

I can't even manage to use Apple pay on my phone. I think changing a HDD on a ps4 might be a bit beyond me!

On 24/05/2019 at 23:04, AI1 said:

Heads up:

£50 PSN Credit on CDKeys for £39.99

HERE

On 25/05/2019 at 09:32, deKay said:

They’ve a year of PS+ for £34 there too.

Thanks for these. Bought two lots of a credit, and renewal. :D

Anyone got a USB hub they use with the PS4? I was assuming I'd need a powered one, but from some Amazon reviews I might be able to get away with not. I'd have the wireless headphone adapter and the PSVR plugged into it (to free up another port for the USB drive). I have the base PS4.

2 hours ago, SozzlyJoe said:

Anyone got a USB hub they use with the PS4? I was assuming I'd need a powered one, but from some Amazon reviews I might be able to get away with not. I'd have the wireless headphone adapter and the PSVR plugged into it (to free up another port for the USB drive). I have the base PS4.

I have a hub I use for PS4, but I plug different things in it. One of the peripherals you could get for Rock Band was a four-port hub for the instruments:

rockband-usb-hub-2.jpg

...and I still have most of my old Rock Band stuff, so I plug my Moves in there and the headset in the other port on the front of the PS4, with the camera at the back. Unfortunately I don't have a wireless headphone adaptor otherwise I'd test it!

2 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

I have a hub I use for PS4, but I plug different things in it. One of the peripherals you could get for Rock Band was a four-port hub for the instruments:

rockband-usb-hub-2.jpg

...and I still have most of my old Rock Band stuff, so I plug my Moves in there and the headset in the other port on the front of the PS4, with the camera at the back. Unfortunately I don't have a wireless headphone adaptor otherwise I'd test it!

And do you need an external power source for that? I suppose I could get a hub and give it a go, then buy an external power source if it doesn't work...