rllmuk
mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

5 hours ago, df0 said:

What a great first post.

edit: never mind now, I guess the user deleted it. It was about the Polybius platinum that only 5 people have and he/she was one of em.

The poster thought they'd broken a forum rule after reading your post. I have let the poster know and will unhide the post if he/she so desires.

Edit: unhid now

• Upvote 2

Found this upcoming games video interesting:

Here is the list, wrote it out incase anyone can't view the video:

Spoiler

Resident Evil 2
Dreams
Kingdom Hearts 3
Anthem
Concrete Genie
Mortal Combat 11
Devil May Cry 5
Blood & Truth
Death Stranding
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
MediEvil
Days Gone
Shenmue 3
Rage 3
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
Ghost of Tsushima
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
Observation
Control
The Last of Us: Part 2

The only one I hadn't heard of was Observation which looks great.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Poet said:

The poster thought they'd broken a forum rule after reading your post. I have let the poster know and will unhide the post if he/she so desires.

Edit: unhid now

Thanks for explaining. Nothing wrong with his/her post, I genuinely thought it was a great opener.

3 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

Why have so few people managed to get the Platinum on Polybius?

One trophy is glitched. The description says "do 5 consecutive levels without losing a shield". I figured out you have to do 10 levels (i reported the bug to the devs but i gues they didn't believe me or didn't care since the bug is even in the PC version wich came out on 21.12)

Edit: They managed to add new bugs to the PC version. Theres another achievement that doesn't work (Boviation)

• Upvote 4

I'm really impressed with my PS4 Gold headset. You can really hear details and the surround sound in particular is great.

Is reduced to £50 or less at various places at the moment.

• Upvote 2

From that list @grounded_dreams only Concrete Genie, Death Stranding (2020 - It will be delayed & may even shift to release window PS5), Ghost of Tsushima (I also think this will be 2020) & The Last of Us: Part 2 interest me.

I've still got a fair few from 2018 to enjoy with Spider-man, AC Odyssey & Dragon Quest.

• Empathy 1

Started really getting back into PS4 recently, & working through my backog of games such as Spider-Man & Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

One thing though, it's pretty loud isn't it?  I have a Pro, & I usually play with headphones, but even then I can hear when the fan spins up & it sounds like it's about to take off.  I got the unit secondhand so I believe it's one of the first models, & I do find myself wondering how much lifespan it has... should I perhaps be considering one of the new, quieter models sooner rather than later, or will it hold out until the PS5?

9 minutes ago, Jarik said:

Started really getting back into PS4 recently, & working through my backog of games such as Spider-Man & Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

One thing though, it's pretty loud isn't it?  I have a Pro, & I usually play with headphones, but even then I can hear when the fan spins up & it sounds like it's about to take off.  I got the unit secondhand so I believe it's one of the first models, & I do find myself wondering how much lifespan it has... should I perhaps be considering one of the new, quieter models sooner rather than later, or will it hold out until the PS5?

The Slim is quiet but then it is not a pro. My Pro (release day unit) can get noisy on occasions but I have it well ventilated with nothing else around it on its own shelf.

I think PS5 will be 2020 release, I'm not replacing the PS4 Pro until then.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gospvg said:

The Slim is quiet but then it is not a pro. My Pro (release day unit) can get noisy on occasions but I have it well ventilated with nothing else around it on its own shelf.

I think PS5 will be 2020 release.

I'm not sure how accurate this information is, but I've heard that newer Pro's run quieter as well?

Not that i'm overly worried mind you.  I got it cheap ages ago & i would say I've already got my monies worth out of it, & Sony being pretty good about account recovery means that even if it does die one day I'll be able to recover all my content.

My highlights from @grounded_dreams' list:

Day/week of release:
Sekiro

Pick up somewhere down the line if I'm not busy playing other stuff:

DMC 5

Ace Combat 7 (for the VRs!)

Wait and see:

Anthem (if it's a more attractive structure than Destiny it might be worth a look...)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jarik said:

I'm not sure how accurate this information is, but I've heard that newer Pro's run quieter as well?

Not that i'm overly worried mind you.  I got it cheap ages ago & i would say I've already got my monies worth out of it, & Sony being pretty good about account recovery means that even if it does die one day I'll be able to recover all my content.

I’ve been tempted to replace my launch pro with a slim due to the noise. 

I'd really love a Pro slim model. Best of both worlds. 

Got a new TV which does hdr10 and Dolby vision. Original PS4 detects no HDR though, is that perhaps my ancient HDMI cable? It's probably as old as the PS4 itself.

7 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

Thanks, was that into a PS4 Pro? If so, did it speed it up noticeably? 

Yes swapped it into the Pro, don't really notice the difference to be honest but I wanted the larger drive.

If you want speed then SSD is the way to go but it will cost for a 2TB

• Upvote 1

Although it might not cost as much as you think,  I bought a 2tb Crucial SSD for my PC this week for under 230 quid.

A lot compared to an HDD of course but probably a quarter of what you'd have paid just a few years back.

14 hours ago, Super Craig said:

Possibly. You might need to enable HDR on the TV for each HDMI port as well.

14 hours ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

You definitely do. What TV is it?

That did it, ta. The HDMI was set to auto, so I'm thinking it detected 1.4 instead of 2.0. Manually setting 2.0 did the trick. 

It's a TCL 55R617. 

7 hours ago, gospvg said:

Yes swapped it into the Pro, don't really notice the difference to be honest but I wanted the larger drive.

If you want speed then SSD is the way to go but it will cost for a 2TB

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

Although it might not cost as much as you think,  I bought a 2tb Crucial SSD for my PC this week for under 230 quid.

A lot compared to an HDD of course but probably a quarter of what you'd have paid just a few years back.

Note that you won't get the same dramatic speed improvements from sticking an SSD in your PS4 as you would with a PC. Afaik/iirc it makes loading times a bit shorter to varying degrees depending on the game, but it may not be worth the premium SSD price for you.

• Upvote 1