rllmuk
mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

On 10/07/2018 at 08:21, carlospie said:

on a side note it’s crazy how noisy the pro is compared to the slim 

Really, got one recently and it's pretty much silent.

26 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Having gone from a slim to a pro do you notice the jump in resolution in a big way? 

Erm, not really. I don’t have a 4K tv though, the pro seems a bit of a rip off to me having had both the performance increase is nothing amazing and mine was FAR louder 

21 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Really, got one recently and it's pretty much silent.

Maybe mine was dodgy, it was easily the same sound as a travel hairdryer pretty much all the time 

17 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Maybe mine was dodgy, it was easily the same sound as a travel hairdryer pretty much all the time 

Mine's very loud sometimes but it seems to depend on the game. Far Cry 5's map screen and a lot of Mass Effect Andromeda made it go crazy but Destiny 2 is fine.

I got a slim last year, not got a 4K TV so the Pro was not worth it. It's been the quietest console I have owned in years, my old PS3 was like a helicopter towards the end of it's use.

MGS Phantom Pain has been the first game where I could hear the fan, but I can see why. For an older PS4 game it looks phenomenal. It's my lad playing it, not me, but I think it looks outstanding. Not surprised it pushes the GPU

32 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

I got a slim last year, not got a 4K TV so the Pro was not worth it. It's been the quietest console I have owned in years, my old PS3 was like a helicopter towards the end of it's use.

I kinda wanted to get one of those 'days of play' PS4 slims... even though I have a Pro and have no need. 

I just... want... one. 

They look cool. I had to get a white slim and controller, just because. 

My 2 boys think it's hilarious because the speaker is busted in my white controller (Every sound comes out distorted), but their black one is fine. But I will use the white one only, and don't want to take it back in case they want the whole bundle back. 

EDIT : Argos have said they will take and test the controller and give me a new one. So I'll give that a go. It will be a moment of triumph over my 2 boys as they see the speaker works perfectly. I know it's not a great dad thing to do, but to go from the hero worship to the old man pity that my boys have put me through, this will be a small moment of triumph.

• Upvote 2

Any rumours of a Pro or Slim price drop any time soon? 

If not, where's a good place to get a Slim? Can't see any decent bundle deals. 

47 minutes ago, Sng said:

Bundles seem pretty crappy at the moment. 12 months ago I got a white Slim with Horizon Zero Dawn for £229, not seeing anything that enticing at the moment. There is usually a FIFA bundle when the new one is out of you can hold on

59 minutes ago, Sng said:

Do you not own a PlayStation 4 Soong? How times have changed! 

I discovered this week that the Second Screen function of the iOS PS4 app is now a separate app.

I also discovered that it won't show, nor allow you to input, messages in the app while streaming to Youtube. If I try to send one I just get told it isn't connected, when it is.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Could someone tell me a reliable site for buying UK psn credit where you can receive the code immediately (from outside the uk), other than cdkeys.

15 minutes ago, partious said:

Could someone tell me a reliable site for buying UK psn credit where you can receive the code immediately (from outside the uk), other than cdkeys.

Zeek.

24 minutes ago, partious said:

PCgamesupply

2 minutes ago, Haribokart said:

PCgamesupply

Ive found UK credit with them is limited and dearer than the PSN store!

Game are instant code, no idea if you can buy outside the UK mind.

Does anyone know of any info of an equivalent of the Summer Sale on the US PSN site, as in is there going to be one? I've got plenty I'd like to buy but I've got $80 of PSN credit and the sale is on the bloody UK site! 

On 25/07/2018 at 14:25, Kevvy Metal said:

Do you not own a PlayStation 4 Soong? How times have changed! 

I sold it after Horizon. I think the last game I got was Everybody's Golf. 

Just got one with God of War. Is there anything else I've missed between now and EG? I sold it because there was nothing coming out that interested me for ages. End of this year looks good though.

Didn't manage to access the sign up page so won'y be getting an invite this time.

From what I hear it's just performance enhancements, no new major features. But there could be something lurking in the background. I'm still holding out for the PSN name change.

I got an email saying congratulations, you're in the beta and we want you to try out the latest firmware. But I was busy playing Dishonored 2 on my PS4, so didn't click the link for a while. I then got round to clicking the link for the code, but was told I was too late.

Any recommendations for "feet" for the PS4?   I'd like to see if raising the PS4 higher and giving some clearance underneath helps with heat dissipation and subsequent fans going all jet engine on me.

21 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Any recommendations for "feet" for the PS4?   I'd like to see if raising the PS4 higher and giving some clearance underneath helps with heat dissipation and subsequent fans going all jet engine on me.

Don't think there are any vents on the bottom of the PS4? Just the sides and back? I think the way the fans are setup is the intake and output are on the side and back respectively - so probably work on getting more clearance on the sides? Guess you've tried vacuuming  the fans out? Or if it's an old PS4 re-applying the thermal paste on the processor/GPU?

Quite like the elegant design of the PS4 casing... the angled back means you can't force it back against the edge of cabinet and block airflow...