PlayStation 4 Console Thread

Game are apparently doing a deal where if you trade in a PS4 you can get a 1tb slim with fifa for £80 or a pro with fifa for £200

I've got £40 credit burning a hole in my pocket and cex will buy fifa for 36 cash so I can trade in my noisy 500gb launch model and get a slim for £4

What do I need to do to get my PS4 ready to trade in?

Ive got ps+ so saves should be backed up and I'm happy do redownload games as I need. Anything else I need to manually get from it?

I've got another profile (my 2 player profile) for guests that's got trophies etc which isn't online and isn't a psn profile. Is there anyway that can be backed up? Via USB or something?

You know, I am very disappointed by the lack of profiles for the Platinum Headset. Less than the Gold one and the newest available is Horizon Zero Dawn for both. I was 99% certain Destiny 2 would get one.

Ridiculous that it has taken this long but parental controls work properly now: you can set a different age restriction for a child's account, rather than just one for the entire console. My daughter is too young to be left to her own devices with it at all, but it won't be too long I imagine, so this is pretty handy.

41 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

The remote play feature really is a marvel. Last night I spent a good couple of hours happily playing Uncharted 4, despite me being in Chelmsford and my PS4 being 400-odd miles away in Dunfermline, Fife.

Why on earth would you end up in this boring excuse for a city? Being able to play your PS4, is the best thing to here. 

50 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Why on earth would you end up in this boring excuse for a city? Being able to play your PS4, is the best thing to here. 

I'm working in nearby Maldon for the week. Believe me, there's places I'd rather be. I was actually amazed to see that this place is an actual city. It doesn't seem to have anything over my home-town in terms of amenities.

41 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

I'm working in nearby Maldon for the week. Believe me, there's places I'd rather be. I was actually amazed to see that this place is an actual city. It doesn't seem to have anything over my home-town in terms of amenities.

There is nothing here, even with the recent Bond St works which added a John Lewis, Cinema and eateries, it still feels like there is nothing in the actual city itself. 

3 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

New T&Cs up when you try to sign into PSN, including you accept all responsibility for any activity on your account (including purchases, wink wink) due to failure to keep you account details secure.

:rolleyes:

Its always had those, like just a rewording to make them even less likely to help you!

5 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

New T&Cs up when you try to sign into PSN, including you accept all responsibility for any activity on your account (including purchases, wink wink) due to failure to keep you account details secure.

:rolleyes:

We'll see how long the lackadaisical yank approach lasts when GDPR takes effect.

Is this a decent bundle?

https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-4-500gb-fifa-18-with-second-dualshock-4-controller-plus-doom-uac-dishonored-2-and-fallout-4-2120885

My kids are bugging me for a console. They have my Wii U in their room but as this comes with two controllers, it looks decent.

I've never even looked at a PS4 or an XboxOne before but I am getting twitchy with Red Dead 2 on the horizon and I'd play Doom and Fallout 4 in this bundle - trade in FIFA and Dishonoured. Looking at the prices of PS4 games, there's an awful lot to play for under £10 each. 

I tend to come in quite late on non-Nintendo consoles for this reason - when I got a 360, I had so much play - waited 3 years before I bought one of those.

On 06/10/2017 at 20:08, neoELITE said:

Is this a decent bundle?

https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-4-500gb-fifa-18-with-second-dualshock-4-controller-plus-doom-uac-dishonored-2-and-fallout-4-2120885

My kids are bugging me for a console. They have my Wii U in their room but as this comes with two controllers, it looks decent.

I've never even looked at a PS4 or an XboxOne before but I am getting twitchy with Red Dead 2 on the horizon and I'd play Doom and Fallout 4 in this bundle - trade in FIFA and Dishonoured. Looking at the prices of PS4 games, there's an awful lot to play for under £10 each. 

I tend to come in quite late on non-Nintendo consoles for this reason - when I got a 360, I had so much play - waited 3 years before I bought one of those.

I have a 1TB model and would suggest you do the same. However, you may have a spare external HDD lying around so you could use that instead.

Do you have a 4K HDR TV yet? If so, consider the PS4 Pro.

Such a great console with so many good games out there...

On 10/4/2017 at 07:50, mansizerooster said:

The remote play feature really is a marvel. Last night I spent a good couple of hours happily playing Uncharted 4, despite me being in Chelmsford and my PS4 being 400-odd miles away in Dunfermline, Fife.

Wow I thought you could only use Remote Play if the other device was on the same wifi network...  This is a game changer.

Yep it works rather well on games that don't rely on precise button presses (e.g: Yakuza good; Everybody's Golf bad).

I set up a hotspot on my phone and play it on the bus, no problems at all (apart from those pesky low signal areas which I've now memorised).

16 hours ago, U-1 said:

Well it's finally happened.. I've managed to fill my 2tb drive! :huh:

Granted it's taken 100 games on the HDD to do it though.

Time to get clearing some out! 

Hold your horses. Check your total space allocation. Bug in FW 5.00 that reduces it incorrectly. Although GTS may very well have filled it up! 

43 minutes ago, memories said:

Was on the store for the first time in ages last night and noticed I had £5 I my wallet. Anything worth picking up for that price?

Actually scrap that get this instead, bargain for £3.99

There is actually quite a bit for less than £5, click on the link below to take a look.

https://psprices.com/region-gb/discounts/?price_max=5&discount_min=&platform=PS4

6 minutes ago, Pavey said:

Yes, Knack. The link works, but have you tried to buy it?

I can get all the way to the confirm purchase button but I am not buying it :lol:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9a97e2936e5282656bd72be1ab43913e.png