rllmuk
mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

Until Dawn uses the camera to record your reactions.

Can't see me playing that one, I don't enjoy scary games.

Something like the kid games on the 360 with Kinect would be good.

The adventure & Kinect animals titles were enjoyed by the kids.

Does the media player even work at all? I've got a USB stick which it recognises, but NOTHING shows up. Formatted to exFAT, music is in a folder called 'MUSIC', video is in a folder called 'VIDEO', file formats are supported. But nothing. "No Playable Media" apparently.

Edit: I've got it working now, I needed to select 'Master Boot Record' as the partition scheme when formatting the drive.

If anyone wants to know what games will be on Plus over the next few months, check out this week's sale.

Why is that an indication of what will be on Plus? So far we've had generally new releases...

Why is that an indication of what will be on Plus? So far we've had generally new releases...

A lot of plus games were on sale just prior to going on the service. And this one is a pretty shit sale imo

Where's the cheapest for a 1-Year PS+ subscription? Mines up in 2 weeks.

I've been looking as well, I did have enough in my PSN wallet for the year sub but now I want the Driveclub season pass.

Cdkeys seem to be the cheapest atm (don't forget 5% off for the facebook like).

A few PS4 questions...

1) How do you change a user's avatar? They're not a PSN user, so I can't do it that way - they're a simple, offline user.

2) How do I make it so that my login needs a PIN, but once logged in I can play any game or do any thing, but when my daughter logs in (with no PIN) she has parental restrictions (age appropriate stuff, no web browser, etc)? I can set restrictions but they apply to both me and her!

I've been looking as well, I did have enough in my PSN wallet for the year sub but now I want the Driveclub season pass.

Cdkeys seem to be the cheapest atm (don't forget 5% off for the facebook like).

Yeah i went with cdkeys. They always seem cheapest for top-ups. Cost £34.10

The one thing that annoys me at the PS4 is not being able to use the Dual Shock when playing remote play with the Vita. Is there a way around this? I just want to use both proper triggers on Destiny and Metal Gear!

So, psn went down last night it seemed. Between 10 and 11 ish.

Every game I loaded couldn't get past the publisher logos, is that because it was trying to check for patches or something and couldn't?

The only way I could play a game was to disable the internet, is that the same for everyone?

Sorry for the odd questions, new ps4 owner trying to understand how it all works!

I was playing Octodad from 9:15 to 10:30 last night, didn't see any issues. Even went in the store and downloaded Pinball Arcade afterwards.

People in the destiny thread reporting it down so not just me. Oh well. Is it normal that games won't load is my main question? It just stopped on publishers logos. Was fine with internet disconnected.

It would be great if you could use your iPad as a screen for the ps4, and control it with the dual shock. Would be good when your main TV is in use.

I think you can with some Sony tablets/phones

Do either of the Metro games do anything particularly interesting to warrant a purchase from someone who doesn't like the average FPS? They're about a fiver each on US PSN at the moment so wondered if either of them was worth checking out.

Do either of the Metro games do anything particularly interesting to warrant a purchase from someone who doesn't like the average FPS? They're about a fiver each on US PSN at the moment so wondered if either of them was worth checking out.

Yes and yes. The first one f'sure.

Might as well get both.

Contrarily, I found the first Metro to be depressingly generic, albeit very pretty. A vaguely stealthy corridor shooter of the most traditional vein. Fine if you like the genre, but it didn't really do anything interesting at a mechanical level.

Shooting is something done to push the narrative. Ammo management is a function of the setting, not a layer of "game" And the post-apocalyptic mood. The lighting and audio.

And chapter 3 ghosts and anomalies

Yeah, I got the 2 in 1 pack when it was released on PS4 and it really didn't click with me at all. Perhaps at the time of original release it would have been more impressive but aside from the very cool underground bunker world and crazy russian take on the post apocalyptic stuff, I found the enemies and gun fights really dull and generic.

Maybe from what sean says I should have just put it on easy and taken it in, as I said, the mood and setting are pretty cool.

Oh but the reason I came in here was I found something quite annoying with the videos and sharefactory which might be well known but I didn't know it and it's annoying;

If you create a sharefactory clip from a saved video and then save the new video, don't delete your original saved replay because it doesn't actually copy the thing, it uses the original still, even if you cut it to ribbons.

I get why but it's a bit annoying and not really much like almost any other editing tool ever in existence but hey ho.