mushashi

PlayStation 4 Console Thread

7 minutes ago, df0 said:

I can highly recommend Tricky Towers for that price. Your typical party game where you build towers and annoy others. Grand fun.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 2

31 minutes ago, earlymodernsteve said:

One of my favourite games from last year. Essential at that price.

And another one I have sat on my hard drive waiting to play. How long is it?

1 minute ago, earlymodernsteve said:

Pretty short and focused. Perfect length for in between sprawling epics.

Cheers

Might give it a go when I finish Hue then, playing that in short bursts each day to get a trophy towards the Days of Play competition but am near the end now I think (as I have access to all the colours). 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, earlymodernsteve said:

Pretty short and focused. Perfect length for in between sprawling epics.

Fantastic music too.

• Upvote 1

Just a lovely package all around. Knows what it is and sets out to do that the best it can. So refreshing given the sprawling nature of so many releases. On one hand, it's a shame that the deep sale suggests a lack of buyers but on the other there's no excuse not to give it a go now. 

1 hour ago, Vorgot said:

Brill. Just finished Hue, so this will be next up. Cheers

Enjoy. It took an hour or so to “click” for me and after that it was brilliant. Such a great game.

Anyone else having issues with online play tonight? I can sign in to PSN, but all the game with mutliplayer are saying I don't have access to multiplayer, or have no internet connection at all. But the connection test shows everything is okay.

Only thing I've done today is take advantage of the PSN offer for the cheap PS+ sub in the days of play. My renewal wasn't until end of July. 

Quick, weird question :  I have an original release PS4. If I upgrade it to a ps4pro will the UI run smoother?

it does my head in how choppy the store is. 

Smooth for me on my Pro, I do have an SSD in there though. I believe UI stability is down to your internet speed more than anything, if you’re wireless try going wired and see if it helps.

Conveniently forgot to include Dreams.

Edit: Or any PSVR stuff.

or Concrete Genie

or any Playlink stuff

or any of the stuff being developed in China (Lost Soul Aside, Monkey King: Hero is Back)

• Upvote 1

So a quarter of the 'non-fun' games a modern Sony makes don't count, and of the 14 titles it has stopped making, I make 4 that it did make for PS4 already, and several more that have been remastered? And then we're not counting Knack! I might go on, but we all already know it's stupid.

• Upvote 4

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:41, Vorgot said:

I'm presuming people have seen the Days of Play competition, but thought I would heads up for those who haven't

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/campaigns/days-of-play-competition/

You need to get a trophy a day from 8th to the 18th on the PS4. I've got a ton of games I've not tried or played yet to go through for what I hope will be some easy trophies each day for getting the first bits done.

EDIT : You also need to register by the end of the 7th, which is why I thought I should post

I managed to get a trophy every day - anyone else do it? Was a pretty good challenge !

1 minute ago, Down by Law said:

I managed to get a trophy every day - anyone else do it? Was a pretty good challenge !

I did. I had a stack of games to play, so I  did Hue start to finish, stopping when I got a new colour each day as that gave a trophy. Got me through the whole game in nice chunks. Was a lovely game as well. The others I got just by playing the other stuff I had on the go. Got a bit tense one day where it was getting late and I hadn't done it, but got in sorted in time.

Apparently an email with a tie break should turn up in the next few days. Very very miniscule chance of winning, but as you say, was a fun challenge!

Quick question time. How does playstation plus work if you have more than one PS4? My kids will shortly have one PS4 each. One of their accounts has PS Plus. If the other one wants to play online do we need to buy it a second time? Or is there a similar trick to the xbox where you can specify a home console anyone can go online with?

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

I saw this image posted after E3, and it made me feel sad that Sony takes fewer creative risks these days.

1j90Uolp_o.png

Seeing as Gravity Rush was ported to PS4 and given a sequel, the entire Souls catalogue (ex-demons) is on the PS4, Medievil is being remade, and you can play both Parappa games via the store, and Ratchet and Clank have a PS4 game , and Horizon was a new IP and way more interesting than Killzone and Dreams is looking much more interesting than Little Big Planet...

Whoever created this should have used the caption 'I miss cartoon mascot games' instead.

16 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

So a quarter of the 'non-fun' games a modern Sony makes don't count, and of the 14 titles it has stopped making, I make 4 that it did make for PS4 already, and several more that have been remastered? And then we're not counting Knack! I might go on, but we all already know it's stupid.

Sometimes people fixate on what is shown at E3, and this year there was a smaller selection shown for first party, so they went with the big guns.

There will still be tons of other stuff coming it that ticks the creativity and fun boxes aside from the AAA releases.

9 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

I did. I had a stack of games to play, so I  did Hue start to finish, stopping when I got a new colour each day as that gave a trophy. Got me through the whole game in nice chunks. Was a lovely game as well. The others I got just by playing the other stuff I had on the go. Got a bit tense one day where it was getting late and I hadn't done it, but got in sorted in time.

Apparently an email with a tie break should turn up in the next few days. Very very miniscule chance of winning, but as you say, was a fun challenge!

The first few days I picked up trophies in Shadow of War due to natural progression but then they soon dried up. I switched to Injustice 2 as that had loads of trophies I hadn't got yet and I had a good time unlocking the character endings at the same time. My VR unit came on Friday so I managed to get the rest of the trophies via the VR games and demos. All in all quite a varied and exciting week of gaming !

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

I saw this image posted after E3, and it made me feel sad that Sony takes fewer creative risks these days.

1j90Uolp_o.png

Creative risk? Half of the ones above are colourful third person platforming adventure games. 

No one bought one of Sony's best new games at the end of the PS3 era in Puppeteer, so you are all getting exactly what you deserve. 

Nor did anyone like Knack, so fuck you all. 

• Upvote 2

Nobody is going to pay £40 for Parappa the Rapper 3 or Ape Escape 5. The market has changed, and those sort of games are more suited to the budget/download market. Gravity Rush 2's flop at retail just emphasises that point. Ratchet and Clank was a mid price release (I think I paid about £25 quid on launch for it) and did very well, but it also has that broad appeal that Sonic and Crash have, not to mention it was a Pro showcase game.

Sony have released and have plenty more of these sort of games in the pipeline, but expecting to see them on the E3 main stage is foolish.