Elder Scrolls Online

I got an e-mail the other day to say my PC account will be getting copied tomorrow then I should be getting a code for the console version (PS4).

I have a few characters of various levels / factions so should be able to blend in anywhere. Although not sure how much actual time I will get to play on PS4 as it is constantly in Witcher 3 mode atm. :(

I'll be starting over even though I'll be transferring my account.

A mate of mine is giddyly excited about playing the game (he doesn't PC game and never played an MMO) so we'll probably be rolling the same faction should we decided to play together. Dunno what faction that will be though. I'm not too fussed myself.

I got an email the other day informing me the game key I bought was dodgy and my account has been closed. I really don't have much luck with this game. I'll probably wait a while for it to come down in price and go for the PS4 version.

I got an email the other day informing me the game key I bought was dodgy and my account has been closed. I really don't have much luck with this game. I'll probably wait a while for it to come down in price and go for the PS4 version.

:( Does that mean having to start over for the 3rd time?

I don't expect it will be too long before it drops in price.

Just out of interest, where did you buy it from?

I'm tempted to get an Xbone just to play this. Love my Elder Scrolls since Morrowind and the closest I've played to a MMO is GTA online so I'd be curious to see what I'd make of it...

It works fine for FF14 and Neverwinter, doesn't it?

Haven't tried Never winter but it didn't work for FF14. Very much felt like playing a single player game. The people around might as well have been NPC as there were no interaction. So much if the interaction in an MMOis based on having a keyboard, whether it be out in the world questing, in dungeons or just in general guild chat. Voice does not let you participate in several conversations at once which sort of removes the social aspect of guilds.

Is that reason that you say a keyboard is necessary for communication with other players?

This is the aspect of MMOs which has always disappointed me the most.

If the voice communication is done properly, it would negate the need for a keyboard, surely? It would be great to play a MMO where you can just walk up to someone in a pub and talk to them, and you can converse with everyone else in the room with you. I've never played a console MMO or a PC MMO with voice comms though, so I don't know how well it works.

A MMO without a keyboard will never work. They might as well turn into a single player game with some MP components.

But even if it's just new adventures in Tamriel, with some added MP components, that would still be awesome no?

I'm sure I read that they've implemented proximity and channel based voice chat for the console versions.

Either way, it's entirely possible to plug in a keyboard to a console. Loads of FFXIV players on console do that and chat away in my experience.

• Upvote 1

:( Does that mean having to start over for the 3rd time?

I don't expect it will be too long before it drops in price.

They did say that in cases like this it isn't the buyers fault so they preserve your account and all progress, so theoretically I just need to buy a legit key and won't need to start over, but I'm thinking that a legit key is probably going to cost me £30-40 so I might just hang on until I can get the PS4 version for that. Although it was nice having something to play on the PC while the wife was hogging the telly.

I'll be getting the Ps4 version I expect. If it matters, I've played as a Dark Elf in every previous game so I guess I'll be carrying on that tradition. Dunno if that affects faction etc.

Ordinarily it does affect faction. Dark Elves are in the Ebonheart Pact faction. But the pre-order bonus for the game removes the faction/race restriction.

They did say that in cases like this it isn't the buyers fault so they preserve your account and all progress, so theoretically I just need to buy a legit key and won't need to start over, but I'm thinking that a legit key is probably going to cost me £30-40 so I might just hang on until I can get the PS4 version for that. Although it was nice having something to play on the PC while the wife was hogging the telly.

That's something at least, would have been really annoying to start over again. Shame that you need to fork out for the third time though.

Yeah I got the same thing as you Nathan, bought mine from some ebay seller and had my account suspended. I never received an email though for some reason, it's only when I actually emailed support they let me know what's what. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it was obviously just over a tenner for a reason :lol: First time this has happened to me though but ey, you live and learn. I liked the game from what I played of it though (especially compared to the beta) so would pick it up in the future again sometime.

Oh really? See, I would have been well suss at a tenner but the one I bought was £23 which seemed like a plausible price. Anyway, I'm pursuing a refund through Paypal so hopefully I'll get my money back. I'm sure they'll find some way to weasel out of it though. Ebay weren't interested when I let them know about the seller flogging fraudulent keys.

I got the 'dodgy key' email too, but mine was bought through cdkeys.com. They refunded straight away fortunately, but it's still a pain in the arse to have to re-buy at a higher price than I paid (which wasn't super cheap anyway).

I really love this game. I still play it every day. Kinda tempted to switch to console just so I can be in the guild.

Well, I assume the different platforms aren't going to be able to exist together. Maybe that's not the case?

Edit: yeah it says they will be segregated :( Dang it. I thought we ended segregation already.

A MMO without a keyboard will never work. They might as well turn into a single player game with some MP components.

You can connect keyboards to both consoles and on Xbox there's smartglass but I'm sure they've optimised for a pad and headset. Bent over a keyboard is never a good way to play games.

You can connect keyboards to both consoles and on Xbox there's smartglass but I'm sure they've optimised for a pad and headset. Bent over a keyboard is never a good way to play games.

I might be mistaken but I don't think ESO supports keyboard input on consoles, pretty sure I read something about that. Unlike for example FFXIV on PS4.

I found ESO to be an utterly lonely experience on PC, much due to the UI and the character design. Even when running around in the main cities I mostly felt surrounded by NPCs as I found it hard to distinguish between NPC and players.

I'm thinking of getting this for PS4, however, it looks a bit pants if I'm honest. I'm not one to base a game solely on it's looks and I appreciate this is an MMO so the amount going on has to be considered. I love the Elder Scrolls games and I wouldn't want any of the aspects which made the previous games brilliant to be compromised for the sake of multiplayer gaming.

Anyone who has played it - What are your thoughts? Do you think it will last? To confirm, it is free-to-play, isn't it?

I'm thinking of getting this for PS4, however, it looks a bit pants if I'm honest. I'm not one to base a game solely on it's looks and I appreciate this is an MMO so the amount going on has to be considered. I love the Elder Scrolls games and I wouldn't want any of the aspects which made the previous games brilliant to be compromised for the sake of multiplayer gaming.

Anyone who has played it - What are your thoughts? Do you think it will last? To confirm, it is free-to-play, isn't it?

Honestly, I didn't like it at all. Put a few months into it on PC when it released as a few people from work also bought it. The actual story quests are decent though you only get them every 5/10 levels or so. I called it that it would go free to play. It's a decent game but as an MMO it's so poor. The questing is slow and uninspiring and it just felt disjointed to me.

One nice thing I will say is it's a very good looking game, the dungeons especially looked really good. I won't be returning to it however.

On the other hand, I thought it was the best MMO I'd ever played because it wasn't like a traditional MMO at all. Interesting quests, including plenty that don't require combat or fetching things, many which are genuinely funny and well written. Decent combat, not amazing but certainly more interesting than mindlessly clicking a hotbar. Looks fantastic in places. All voiced, which is a hell of an achievement. It's a good game.

• Upvote 1