rllmuk
Orko

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Right, I'm done until my problem gets patched. Played for 6 hours today, done about 10 quests and no XP whatsoever. Trouble is im getting to the stage where most of the missions and side missions left are of a higher level than me so it's going to become unplayable

Robbing everything.

Yep. I missed out on some advanced potions due to my reluctance to just rob houses blind.

Did anyone else manage to screw things up with both Yennifer and Triss? The game realistically represented my love life in this regard.

Covis, I also have had that bug for a while and from just carrying on and doing all the side quests where I still get exp (the exp bug only seems to be main quest) I just hit level 20 and the main quest I'm on suggested level is 13!!

Actually thinking about it I'm sure it was a main quest that just gave me the exp to hit 20 - shouldn't it have been patched by now? I'm playing on PS4.

Right, I'm done until my problem gets patched. Played for 6 hours today, done about 10 quests and no XP whatsoever. Trouble is im getting to the stage where most of the missions and side missions left are of a higher level than me so it's going to become unplayable

Don't worry about that. You will level up with no problems, unless a particularly crazy twist has happened to your bug.

Mine seems to be Side Missions and Main Story, haven't got any XP for a couple of days now. I would carry on but before long the man quest line with be up to 20ish and I'm still stuck on 18

Sorry folks forget my last couple of moaning posts. Must have took my XP to the max you could before reaching Skellige, made my way across and shot up a level immediately :)

• Upvote 1

I'm doing level 13 main story quests at level 20 just now. Really annoying how quickly you out level all the quests in the game. Not had a good chunk of XP in ages.

Blimey, started a short story related quest at level 25 and ended at level 28. I killed a dozen enemies and sat through cutscenes. Easy exp.

I'm doing level 13 main story quests at level 20 just now. Really annoying how quickly you out level all the quests in the game. Not had a good chunk of XP in ages.

I tried to take care and do all the main quests around their suggested level. Still have ended up a couple of levels higher than them, hence the death march. Stil, the balance of xp allocating needs to be better. I also have no idea what happened after the latest patch, as it seems that in order to compensate for the lack of xp in low level side quests they boosted the xp you get from main quests.

The most simple thing and not anyone has done it: Leave the entire world static as levels go and only dynamically balance the main quest.

I'd love to see a system in an open world RPG such as this where the level of quests is scaled but on a easy, medium, hard basis - so hard quests would give you tough enemies 5 or more levels above you and easy quests a couple of levels below whilst medium at or slightly above your level that would be awesome.

Just finished the big level story quest where you are advised to create a manual save. Massive spoilers obviously.

The fight in and around Kaer Morhan was spectacular. The Big Hunt make for a fantastic antagonist; very menacing and mysterious. Question: can Vesemir actually survive? And is it at all possible to lose NPCs? The ones that supported me all survived without my aid so to say.

Fantastic stuff. Also, Zoltan is one of the best NPCs in years. I reckon he and Gavlan (Dark Souls 2) are best mates.

Just finished the big level story quest where you are advised to create a manual save. Massive spoilers obviously.

The fight in and around Kaer Morhan was spectacular. The Big Hunt make for a fantastic antagonist; very menacing and mysterious. Question: can Vesemir actually survive? And is it at all possible to lose NPCs? The ones that supported me all survived without my aid so to say.

Fantastic stuff. Also, Zoltan is one of the best NPCs in years. I reckon he and Gavlan (Dark Souls 2) are best mates.

Vezemir always dies, apparently. Unsure if anyone else can. I had a section where Lambert had a declining health bar and I had to save him, so not sure where the fight would've gone if I hadn't.

I'm not having the best of luck today ! It's now stuck on the black loading screen before a cinematic pops up, and ive gone back a save which was 20 minutes previous and I get the same problem, it just can't load the Cinematic and freezes. Don't know what the bloody hell I'll do now !

Sorry to hear that, Cov. Try rebuilding the PS4 database?

Now that I[ve finished the game, I want to experience more of this world. I've played the second game, but not the first. What about the books? Where's a god place to start with those?

Start with "The Last Wish" it's a short story collection it was the first book written.

The books are fantastic fun.

And 'The Last Wish' (and the story held within) will make the similarly titled mission in the game feel all the better :)

Just been reading up on it, it's a common problem whereby you pick a certain option and then can't complete Kings Gambit, just sits on an infinite loading screen. Got to put my pad down and wait for a patch grrrr

This just gets better and better. Had my first expedition on the high seas tonight on the hunt for some upgrades. Travelling down the western side of the map, I came across an island of Cthulhu worshipping pirates among other things before finishing off with The Lord of Undvik side quest.

The scope and quality of this game is pretty staggering.

Big spoiler just after the manual save point at around level 25.

It felt so good fighting the Crone. One fled, the two others are presumably dead. That introduction scene to the fight was disturbing as fuck.

Indeed, it is staggering. I've only just accessed Act II and been playing over 100 hours. And those sessions have been varied too - sometimes crashing through main quests with those wonderfully rich cut scenes and Ciri interludes, others simply exploring and following the sniff of new opportunities, or settling down to a few hands of Gwent.

Still got a number of Skellige side quests and contracts below my level to finish up too.

GWENT FANS

468px-Gwent_1280.jpg

I finished the epic High Stakes side quest last night, it's the Gwent tournament in Novigrad. For anyone interested in taking part, I recommend you have the following before entering:

• 1000 Crowns (entry fee)
  • A full, customised deck with a strong gameplan (I used Northern Realms)
  • Geralt is level 16+ (the mission is level 23)
  • Save before and during the mission each time you win (I reloaded several losses)

I was starting to get bored of playing against randoms because I kept beating them down but this mission is quite a spike in difficulty compared to them.

Narrative spoilers:

Sasha is by far the most difficult opponent, she is the one you play second and has a deck similar to Blue in Magic. Essentially she keeps throwing out cards which grant her the ability to draw more cards, making it very difficult to keep pace with her deck size and total attack count. It took me 5 tries to defeat her with my strongest deck, in the end I added a fog card to stop her swordsmen but I didn't end up needing it. I would recommend you do the same though.

I was so focused on winning the games that I forgot about the poison dwarf, him stealing the prize fund caught me off guard. Additionally, I thought I was under leveled for the final fight in the mission but it turns out that Sasha + potions is more than a match for the group of enemies.

Finally, I notched my fourth bedpost with her immediately after the mission ended. It's a bit of a con that it promises 9000 crowns but you only end with 4500 regardless. Some people have been saying that if you sleep with her you lose the Gwent cards that you win, I don't think this is the case but I'll double check using the below link, I believe it adds the cards to your deck automatically, but not during the tournament.

My High Stakes games, including an epic loss in round 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnVavwuzhJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2LPmrJ_Cs0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgyyMbF6zG8

I'm utterly in love with Gwent, it's very simple on the surface but the complexity that it introduces throughout is great. I was thinking about acquiring all all the cards but I definitely will now after finding this link: http://www.primagames.com/games/witcher-3/tips/where-find-every-gwent-card-witcher-3-wild-hunt

If anyone is in need of advice or such for playing the game, drop me a line.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Its 2 full new story missions giving around 30 hours of new content.

Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new, 10-hour-plus adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.

Blood and Wine, a 20-hour-plus tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.

• Upvote 3