rllmuk
Orko

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I think there's definitely a point in the game where there's so much momentum being built up in the main story that I certainly was focussed on that and I actually found that worked really well - it kind of feels that the game is fully designed to make you take as much time as you can in the search for Ciri, do as many quests as possible etc, that when the 'event' (for want of a better word) happens, you just want it not to stop!

Just as an aside, one of the things that the patch does is this:

Adds a series of color-blind friendly features. Improves visibility of tracks, marks, footprints and scent clues. Color-blind friendly features can be enabled in the Options\Gamplay submenu.

Which I do think is a bloody good thing to do. Doubt many devs would do that sort of thing.

• Upvote 1

So...signs are silly.

200% intensity and my Regen shield restores 50% of my Vitality :ph34r:

And Igni? Well....BURN BABY BURN

Is Mutagen crafting broken for anyone? It wont let me make a greater one now as it says i already have it? :S Can you only have 1 greater of each colour? :S

After finding a mask I've abandoned my Geralt identity now. I'm The Wolf. I'm the hero Norvigrad needs.I fight drunks in streets, protect whores and track down thieving imps.

post-11679-0-35523800-1433537342_thumb.j

• Upvote 5

Is Mutagen crafting broken for anyone? It wont let me make a greater one now as it says i already have it? :S Can you only have 1 greater of each colour? :S

Yep, can only craft 1 of each type of mutagen since 1.05.

Work around is to drop each one from your inventory after each craft, then pick up.

When's a good point to go to Skellige? I'm about to hit lvl 18 and I've still got a ton of shit to do around Novigrad & Velen. Main quest line I've just

freed Dandilion

I think I've pumped about 30+ hours into this, a decent chunk just in Gwent, and I've only just hit Skellige. I wasn't jumping on the bandwagon with the rest of you lot but the more I play, the more I'm coming around to thinking it's one of the best RPGs I've ever played. I'm even considering reading the books and playing the second game too.

I think the narrative is excellent but some of the choices I've made, I didn't realise they were going to have such severe consequences:

Poor Keira :( and those effing Crones, wish I could murder them all instead of the tree

I still think the combat is average at best, it seems that the focus is more on the meta knowledge and preperation prior to a fight rather than the dexterity of input during battle. I'll probably dislike it even more when Batman is released in a few weeks but it's not bad at least.

The level of polish throughout is top notch, I literally can't tell if I'm doing a side quest or story - such is the lack of contrast between them. Some of my favourite moments have came from stopping by a random quest and seeing what happens.

Overall, I've been playing Geralt as a lethal enforcer / seedy sleuth - kind of mix between Judge Dredd and James Bond. Finding it thoroughly enjoyable and have plumped for the season pass too.

I went to Skellige for a bit of a change, and I've done the first quest. First time I've thought of going back a save as didn't like a choice outcome

My flirty time with Yen (who I'm not that keen on) ended up in perverted sexytime on a Unicorn.

That's mage 3 so far :D....but I feel bad I've betrayed/let down Triss :(

?

It used to be easy to earn money in The Witcher 3 by killing cows over and over again. The game’s most recent patch, however, has a clever way of stopping you from exploiting the world’s bovine.

Patch 1.05, which just went live for PC players, brings with it many important changes, including a bigger text size for the game’s interface, a host of quest fixes, and more. The full patch notes are right here. What caught my eye, though, was this:

• Deploys the Bovine Defense Force Initiative

What the hell?!

It didn’t take me long to figure out his was a way of addressing the game’s easy money exploit.

Here’s how the exploit worked: kill some cows, collect their hides, meditate for an hour, and the cows quickly spawn back into the world. The hides were worth a pretty penny, so it didn’t take long to completely break The Witcher 3’s economy. Given that it otherwise takes dozens of hours to build up a decent amount of money in the game, it’s not a surprise CD Projekt RED would stamp this out.

Instead of removing cows from the world or reducing the price of hides, however, they summon an incredibly difficult enemy assuredly going to kill anyone but the most high-level Witcher 3 players.

1284001964605083942.gif

• Upvote 5

Wandering through Nobigrad last night and overheard 2 beggars talking - basically the healed leper speech from life of Brian.

I do love daft little touches like this in games.

I think the narrative is excellent but some of the choices I've made, I didn't realise they were going to have such severe consequences:

Poor Keira :( and those effing Crones, wish I could murder them all instead of the tree

Pah! Keira doesn't deserve any sympathy. I initially felt a little bad for her exclusion from the sorceress' lodge etc, but trying to buy favour by giving up the keys to a bio-weapon was unconscionable. She had to be stopped. Agreed on the witches, though. I was deeply hoping for some payback when I rode into the swamp with the Baron.

After reading of other people's romance choices, I realised I've unwittingly made Geralt into my equal. That is to say he's absolutely hopeless with women. Although the 'correct' choice at the end of Triss' quest arc seemed really selfish to me.

I'm going to put my personal desires above her safety? For me, Geralt swallowing his own wants and putting her on the boat was a more loving act then saying 'you must stay.' On account of, you know, people wanting to burn her alive.

In other musings, how the hell could anyone hit level 50 in this? I can only imagine they put that in ready for the expansions, as I've been grinding contracts and quests like a mofo and am only up to about level 25. Suspect I'm about to hit the 'point of no return' in the main quest, so am now trying to upgrade my witcher gear. There's one element that I cannot find for my enhanced Ursine steel sword, though.

Ah yes, Nigredo. I can't find any at the herbalists/shops, and can't create it by dismantling any of my pantry of monster giblets.

In other musings, how the hell could anyone hit level 50 in this? I can only imagine they put that in ready for the expansions, as I've been grinding contracts and quests like a mofo and am only up to about level 25. Suspect I'm about to hit the 'point of no return' in the main quest, so am now trying to upgrade my witcher gear. There's one element that I cannot find for my enhanced Ursine steel sword, though.

The highest level quest in the game is level 35, I believe. I was level 36 when I finished the game I think. Maybe 37.

I just got the sword Winter's Blade. :wub:

That bit did make me chuckle:

The big build up of its reveal - 'Been in the family for centuries', 'I thought it was just a legend,', then I equip it and find the stats are a little worse than my current blade. Still looks nice, though.

Pah! Keira doesn't deserve any sympathy. I initially felt a little bad for her exclusion from the sorceress' lodge etc, but trying to buy favour by giving up the keys to a bio-weapon was unconscionable. She had to be stopped. Agreed on the witches, though. I was deeply hoping for some payback when I rode into the swamp with the Baron.

Yeah I kind of wish I made another choice now, I might look into what could have happened.

On a different note, what does everyone recommend in regards to junk? I'm carrying all sorts of bits and pieces which I could sell or break into crafting materials. I don't really care about the alchemy/crafting game, it's too much micro-management for me so I'm just looking to clear it out.

Has anyone got any high level advice please? (I'm thinking like Diablo III style - sell whites, keep gems etc)

So how successful has this game been commercially do we know yet?

Just wondering wether CDP will skip the cyberpunk game they've been working on in lieu of a Witcher 4.

It had the biggest first week sales of any game so far this year in the UK. We'll find out U.S. sales this week but I'd expect a similar performance there too. It even went to number 1 in Japan although the console market is dying there so it doesn't mean as much as it would have 5 years ago.

So how successful has this game been commercially do we know yet?

Just wondering wether CDP will skip the cyberpunk game they've been working on in lieu of a Witcher 4.

Nah, Cyberpunk will most definitely happen next, although I really wouldn't be surprised if they don't do an upgraded version of the original. It's practically crying out for a remake, and it would work perfectly with this engine - it was a bloody big game as it was, and whilst it would be a big old effort, it would be bloody fantastic if they did do that.

Act II spoilers:

Oh boy, that scene got me, good and proper. I didn't think I was all that invested in the main story ... until that scene, with just music, Geralt's anguish, and the sheer relief that mercifully followed. A wonderfully heart-melting moment. :wub:

Oh yeah, it was pretty good that :)

I tell you what though, they've completely nailed the eyes in this game. Don't think I've seen a game which has created so much 'life' in them!

• Upvote 1

A remake would be great. I have W1 sitting in my queue from a Steam sale (as do many here I presume ;)), and gonna pick up W2 in the summer sale.

And bloody hell! Yennefer's alternate outfit...

I put it on once, but thought she might get a bit cold in Skelige, so I turned it off again :P