rllmuk
Orko

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Ha, that's a topic for debate. For me, before heading off to do the final part of the main game, I like to get Hearts of Stone done, then finish the main game, then move on to Blood and Wine. 

Thematically that makes the most sense to me. 

That’s the order I was thinking of doing it in

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, scottcr said:

That’s the order I was thinking of doing it in

Having done main quest > HoS > B&W in retrospect I would have finished Hearts of Stone first. My thinking was the DLC was made after the main game so would be set after it, but it quickly became apparent I had assumed wrong.

• Empathy 1

Given that HoS is set in the same map - I thought it'd be good to do...  there's a lot of ? in the NE of Velen and when I investigated some of them much earlier, I was wayyyy too low level.  Now I'm lvl 34 and full mastercrafted cat gear, I'm going in.  

I've read that the only way to get grandmaster gear is to do Hearts of Stone anyway

I have an absolute embarassing amount of ? around Skellige though - are the ones in the sea worth doing or are they mostly smugglers caches?

I'm replaying on the GotY version and I thought it was odd that the first HoS quest appears as soon as you get to Velen. I assumed it was a bug as its Lvl32 or something but maybe CDPR put it there as a hint to do it as soon as you hit level? I'll definitely do it that way on this playthrough. Can't wait, I think it's narrative is superior to a most of the main quest.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, scottcr said:

Given that HoS is set in the same map - I thought it'd be good to do...  there's a lot of ? in the NE of Velen and when I investigated some of them much earlier, I was wayyyy too low level.  Now I'm lvl 34 and full mastercrafted cat gear, I'm going in.  

Reveal hidden contents

I've read that the only way to get grandmaster gear is to do Hearts of Stone anyway

I have an absolute embarassing amount of ? around Skellige though - are the ones in the sea worth doing or are they mostly smugglers caches?

Nah, they are mostly just mats and shit weapons. You've probably got enough cash and all that stuff now anyway. I do think they went way over the top with the Skellige stuff. No need for all of it. Also, monster nests and bandit camps are one thing but having to venture out in to the water was just a bit tedious.

12 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Nah, they are mostly just mats and shit weapons. You've probably got enough cash and all that stuff now anyway. I do think they went way over the top with the Skellige stuff. No need for all of it. Also, monster nests and bandit camps are one thing but having to venture out in to the water was just a bit tedious.

that's what I figured... I could be doing with more cash.  I sold practically everything to make my cat gear... I'll need more for grandmaster stuff when it comes the time.  I'll stick to the stuff on land or on the coasts.

BTW - I've found one cave (where enhanced feline steel sword diagram was) on the south of Faroe... there's 4 statues in it that I can rotate and some look like they should be holding something.  I can't for the life of me find anything that prompts me what to do there so I figure I've missed a quest somewhere.   Any hints?

18 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

I'm replaying on the GotY version and I thought it was odd that the first HoS quest appears as soon as you get to Velen. I assumed it was a bug as its Lvl32 or something but maybe CDPR put it there as a hint to do it as soon as you hit level? I'll definitely do it that way on this playthrough. Can't wait, I think it's narrative is superior to a most of the main quest.

yeah - when I played it on PS4 years ago, that stuff wasn't immeidately apparent.  But now on switch it's been there since day one, and some little excursions have shown it to be way out of level.  So naturally, I want to avoid the 'end game' it feels like now, at level 34, is the right time to move to that.  Blood and Wine is a compltely different map area and I'll leave that till afterwards.

cracking game.

7 minutes ago, scottcr said:

that's what I figured... I could be doing with more cash.  I sold practically everything to make my cat gear... I'll need more for grandmaster stuff when it comes the time.  I'll stick to the stuff on land or on the coasts.

BTW - I've found one cave (where enhanced feline steel sword diagram was) on the south of Faroe... there's 4 statues in it that I can rotate and some look like they should be holding something.  I can't for the life of me find anything that prompts me what to do there so I figure I've missed a quest somewhere.   Any hints?

Keep twisting the things around - you'll hear a click

A door will open :D . 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Reveal hidden contents

Keep twisting the things around - you'll hear a click

A door will open :D . 

that’s what I thought - but there was a similar quest elsewhere where a guys note gave me a hint as to the direction they should all point in. I just reckoned I was missing a quest pointer or something.

They change colour when viewed with Witcher sense if it's the one I'm thinking of. They go orange when correctly orientated.

• Upvote 1

So I started HoS before doing the main quest end game...

head off to oxenfurt to kill a monster

holy fuck I’m in space Morocco! 

hahah... yennefer told me not to waste any time
  • Upvote 1

On 03/02/2020 at 19:04, Thwomp said:

With Gwent I just don't like how the game can keep on going when you pass. Sometimes you pass while in the lead, then the dirty bastards whip out a card that adds plus 20. When it's the other way around they never pass, they just keep you going so you waste all your cards, and then you can't win the next round.

That's the game 

With Gwent I just don't like how the game can keep on going when you pass. Sometimes you pass while in the lead, then the dirty bastards whip out a card that adds plus 20. When it's the other way around they never pass, they just keep you going so you waste all your cards, and then you can't win the next round.

That's the game 

That's the game 

Another day, another Witcher discovery. There's a shortcut to the world map!

You on PS4? The touchpad has a few shortcuts. On PC I've got four and could even add a fifth. 

Console sign shortcut - left and right on the D-pad whilst holding block (only works during combat obviously) and you can see the different signs selected in the top left. 

So just finished the bloody baron quest....

Spoiler

Christ what a story.  Ended with BB swinging.  

• Upvote 1

On 06/02/2020 at 22:52, Gordzilla said:

So just finished the bloody baron quest....

Reveal hidden contents

Christ what a story.  Ended with BB swinging.  

Just finished it up tonight and yeah, same thing happened... :(

This game never ceases to amaze. Went off and did a bit of wandering after finishing up the Bloody Baron quest. Came across an abandoned farm estate and who should be there but me old mate Letho the Kingslayer!

Spoiler

Apparently because I let him live in my recent run through of Witcher 2 and I said as much to the questions in Vizima back at the beginning of the game I get this exclusive quest. 

Was an hour long diversion and properly brilliant to get something so substantial and new on this play through. 

This game is just a staggering achievement. 

:lol: Oh wow, I'd happily buy a full game of the misadventures of Vlodimir and Geralt!

• Upvote 1

I still maintain that they should do a Witcher game where all our heroes are sitting in Kaer Morhen around the table getting pissed up 

Similar to how it is in the W3 game to a certain extent

and each of them are telling tales of their exploits, but you then play through them yourself.

'Witcher Tales' 

Or something equally unoriginal. 

It would be fucking awesome to play Vesemir in his earlier days.

• Upvote 8

I'm now playing through Hearts of Stone

done the heist which was great fun - and now I'm possesed Geralt trying to bone my way through a wedding.... amazing

but something tells me it's all going to horribly wrong...

Just finished Hearts of Stone last night, and loved it! One question:

Spoiler

Master mirror said something like "when this is all over the three of us will have a drink together". I wasn't sure what he meant by that, because that clearly wasn't going to happen

On 09/02/2020 at 08:03, JoeK said:

I still maintain that they should do a Witcher game where all our heroes are sitting in Kaer Morhen around the table getting pissed up 

Hide contents

Similar to how it is in the W3 game to a certain extent

and each of them are telling tales of their exploits, but you then play through them yourself.

'Witcher Tales' 

Or something equally unoriginal. 

It would be fucking awesome to play Vesemir in his earlier days.

For some reason this made me think of Super Witcher Kart. Can just imagine Geralt, Triss, Ciri etc, battling it out on a racking track.