The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Doctor Shark

12 minutes ago, Oz said:

I am downloading a patch at the mo. I am assuming this is it. 2gb.

giphy.gif

I dunno - 2gb doesn't sound big enough really. However, the patch has made the inventory screens much nicer :)

6 minutes ago, BruceBruce said:

Through the internet, I imagine.

If I can't pirate it on a cassette, and fiddle with the volume settings to get the fucking thing working, I don't wanna know...

Finally playing the hearts of stone add-on on PC after ages away (fully completed the game last year, every map icon greyed out, etc). There's quite a bit of things to do in this. I cant see it being the advertised 10 hours, it'll be more like 15, easy. Lots of new "?"'s are all over the map, as well as the main quest. This is still a bloody masterclass rpg. Looking forward to blood and wine after this.

Man, it feels good to be back. Haven't played this since January or something silly like that. Of course I still remembered that it looked amazing, but it still surprised me just how amazing after firing it up. Spent a good long while just walking about, taking in the sights and soaking up the atmosphere. (This is on PC btw, short load times and all) Seems to run a lot better too, but as you'd expect from CD Projekt they've been real busy releasing patches and updates. The menus are completely different!  The inventory system seems a lot better now, everything is clearer and a lot more streamlined. It's good to be back :wub:

Put this on for an hour before bed, and it was incredibly tough to turn off. The visuals are absolutely astonishing, they've pulled off some sort of miracle with the foliage, it looks so... foliagy.

Spent a good ten minutes just panning the camera across the Toussaint horizon, in complete awe.

4 hours ago, Rob Rymond said:

The UI is much better albiet after getting used to the other at last; slightly jarring to see it change. Text is much bigger though and I like the items have been split down into categories. 

Definitely better, but like you - after so many hours spent with the previous one, it's taking a little bit of time to get into the swing of it!

9 hours ago, deerokus said:

This is the awesome glitchy armour bug I had. Fast travel cured it sadly. They seem to have tweaked the appearance of the witcher sets.

are you playing with an Xbone controller?

This is a really sad question, but what with the new DLC and a nice new title screen, I was wondering if there's anyway to get the other ones back on there at all?

I miss the original one, and it seems a shame that I'll never see it again if that is the case!

Massive changes to the inventory, character stats and map tabs, smaller ones to the skills tree and other tabs.  Put in spoilers for those who like to discover these things for themselves.

Spoiler

To be honest, I thought I had put in more than 90 hours into this.  The achievements tab has a figure of 192 hours which feels much more like it.

Spoiler

I spent ages fishing for armour from smugglers drops in Skellige to compare the different attributes.

Spoiler

Map makes filtering a lot easier than before, plus more custom waypoints are available.

Supposedly, there is a NG+ option but I couldn't see how to trigger it from start a new game screen.

Edited by Cosmic_Guru
Couldn't believe hours played

40 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Massive changes to the inventory, character stats and map tabs, smaller ones to the skills tree and other tabs.  Put in spoilers for those who like to discover these things for themselves.

Reveal hidden contents

To be honest, I thought I had put in more than 90 hours into this.  The achievements tab has a figure of 192 hours which feels much more like it.

Reveal hidden contents

I spent ages fishing for armour from smugglers drops in Skellige to compare the different attributes.

Reveal hidden contents

Map makes filtering a lot easier than before, plus more custom waypoints are available.

Supposedly, there is a NG+ option but I couldn't see how to trigger it from start a new game screen.

I think I read that the time played might be bugged with the new patch.