Orko

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I do remember the Bloody Baron quest as being an early highlight, but I enjoyed the game more and more as I progressed.  There wasn't really a feeling that it tailed off or dropped in overall quality. 

Finished Blood and Wine; so Geralt's adventures have come to an end :(

191 hours in the clock, I finished every quest I came across.  I might play again some time and look for points of interest (I played with question marks turned off); but for now I'm a little sad I've played out the main quest lines.

Here is how Blood and Wine ended for me...

I tried to go down a peaceful path and set up the meeting between Syanna and Dettlaff; but it didn't end has I planned as he tried to murder her (but failed due to the ribbon).  So I had to face him in combat.  I carried on with the murder investigation which revealed the Duchess as the fifth target; but I chose to refrain from revealing this to her and they hugged it out at the end.  Had some drinks with Regis; then headed home to the Vineyard where Triss was waiting for me

:) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain LeChuck said:

I'd forgotten about The Last Wish. :) That is great. But I stand by comment, the Bloody Baron is still the highlight of the main quest for me. Only equalled by both DLCs.

The Bloody Baron is great, but there's a midway point in the main quest where I genuinely welled up. Everything about that scene was perfect imo. I'm not normally affected by games, but W3 made me care for the characters in a way that I otherwise wouldn't really do in a game.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

That last sentence in your spoiler is all wrong. ;)

But yes, it's a great, fitting end to Geralt's tale. 

I knew that last sentence would gather some attention; I know a lot of people would go the other way.  My Geralt needed a less volatile and more peaceful retirement ;)

43 minutes ago, Piccolomini said:

The Bloody Baron is great, but there's a midway point in the main quest where I genuinely welled up. Everything about that scene was perfect imo. I'm not normally affected by games, but W3 made me care for the characters in a way that I otherwise wouldn't really do in a game.

Agreed.

Spoiler

The bit where he finally found Ciri?  Got me a little bit too.

• Upvote 1

Started on Blood and Bone difficulty, so far seems pretty solid, Griffin, Wright, Ghouls, pub fight, hot nude woman with purple eyes...

So far so good.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

I'd forgotten about The Last Wish. :) That is great. But I stand by comment, the Bloody Baron is still the highlight of the main quest for me. Only equalled by both DLCs.

It was far an away the highlight for me and it hurt that it came so soon. Good to hear the DLC is great, I have started one of them and have already enjoyed the plot more than the main game. 

Wow this difficulty is fantastic, even Wolves are deadly!

Killed a Water Hag and finished a lil quest,

Spoiler

gave the 'Merchant' to the Nilfgaard! ;)

That is the best difficulty to fully enjoy the combat system at its best. Also use enemy scaling. You will flight like a proper witcher in no time, using alchemy, counters, evading, blocking, sidestepping...

Yea I haven't played this for some time but I think it's nearing that time that I go back and do a New Game+ finally.  I might bump up the difficulty a bit when I do... especially since it should be keeping my mutagen skills and whatnot, right?

I downloaded all the free DLC and attempted to start the wolf armour quest in khaer Morgan in the signal tower but after googling it appears to be bugged and possibly CD Projekt Red put in a 'letter of apology' with a 'pang of conscience' item. Not sure why they couldn't just fix the bug instead?

Anyway, I'm looking to upgrade my griffin armour, but don't know where to find the griffin enhanced quest line, any hints?

Ursine armour looks the best I think, though I'm rocking Venom at the moment.

Work on Blood and Wine continues, upgrading Corvo Bianco at present whilst trying to settle Vineyard disputes and furiously hunting down those question marks.

Lots of threads about the bug I encountered here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/the-witcher-series/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/tech-support/xbox-one-aa/139712-the-witcher-3-wolf-gear-signal-tower-chest-bug

Shame. I hope the wolf armour isn't any good. [emoji6]

baVPqxs.thumb.jpg.3e85208a828a09e2fb0bdfda4a492848.jpg
Wait, that is an Xbox One bug then? Explains why I haven't heard it for the pc or ps4.

Did you try reinstalling the game?

1 hour ago, Talk Show Host said:

Wait, that is an Xbox One bug then? Explains why I haven't heard it for the pc or ps4.

Did you try reinstalling the game?

No, I'm playing on PS4 and have encounterd this bug. That picture I posted is a random picture I found whilst googling the problem.

It seems like it has something to do with me downloading the dlc midway through my play through. But never mind, game has been fantastic otherwise.

No, I'm playing on PS4 and have encounterd this bug. That picture I posted is a random picture I found whilst googling the problem.

It seems like it has something to do with me downloading the dlc midway through my play through. But never mind, game has been fantastic otherwise.

Ah, ok. I thought it was an Xbox bug because the link you posted led to the bone forum.

I would try reinstalling the game, as it has been suggested. I know it's a bother and it may not solve the problem, but I would give it a shot.

Of course I think the wolf set is the most awesome one. [emoji14]

On my second playthrough and I've just got to the bit where Ciri kills the Basalisk with the Baron and it totally reminded why this is the greatest game of all time.

The bit where Ciri teleports up and kills the monster and the Baron can't believe what he's just seen and tries to put his knife back in its scabbard and keeps missing, just those tiny little details add so much. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/08/2017 at 21:34, Matt Defis said:

On my second playthrough and I've just got to the bit where Ciri kills the Basalisk with the Baron and it totally reminded why this is the greatest game of all time.

The bit where Ciri teleports up and kills the monster and the Baron can't believe what he's just seen and tries to put his knife back in its scabbard and keeps missing, just those tiny little details add so much. 

100% this. I'm not far past this part, the attention to detail in some of the cut scenes / missions extras - things which are completely needless but add so much to the fabric of the world - absolutely incredible. I'm playing the GOTY edition - on Death March difficulty, level 20 ish - having never played the DCLs, and yet I'm still so utterly enthralled by the vanilla game that I'm enjoying every minute and actually not looking forward to getting to the DLC, simply because it means the end of the game will be drawing closer.

• Upvote 1

Cracking game but like GTA before it I find myself distracted but the side quests and Gwent games then I do with main story...But I assume this is ok as its not a race, its a marathon right?

• Upvote 1