Orko

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

3 hours ago, JoeK said:

I dunno - sometimes things just 'click' I guess. I mean, you would have thought that after the love I have for Witcher 3, Horizon would have floated my boat to the fullest level...but the game leaves me completely cold.

God knows why!

I had the same experience pretty much.  Horizon is very shallow in its design in comparison, for example there are gloriously large vistas which have very little detail or texture being simply arenas for combat, the settlements are crude, etc etc.  It has good points as well (Alloy and the story basically) and is technically superb but I think if you love this game as much as we do it can easily leave you a little cold.

Anyway time to get back to this I feel after 3 runs through the excellent Prey.  Triss's abode here we come...

I've had a hankering to play this again over the past month or so, thanks mostly to TSH''s enthusiasm and Cosmic Guru''s great screenshots appearing in my activity feed, and I've just made a decision, I'm going to wait until E3 and see if there''s any sort of Witcher 3 announcement for an improved version coming out for PS4 Pro or Scorpio, if there is then I'll wait. I know it's a long shot after the devs have said they aren't doing any more on Witcher 3 but rumours earlier this year have made me hopeful.

Imagine it, a definitive version with all the dlc,  optimised to look and perform as good as possible on the most powerful consoles. I don't own a Pro or (obviously) a Scorpio but if this was announced for either then it would be a system seller for me.

I can dream, dammit.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Karzee said:

I've had a hankering to play this again over the past month or so, thanks mostly to TSH''s enthusiasm and Cosmic Guru''s great screenshots appearing in my activity feed, and I've just made a decision, I'm going to wait until E3 and see if there''s any sort of Witcher 3 announcement for an improved version coming out for PS4 Pro or Scorpio, if there is then I'll wait. I know it's a long shot after the devs have said they aren't doing any more on Witcher 3 but rumours earlier this year have made me hopeful.

Imagine it, a definitive version with all the dlc,  optimised to look and perform as good as possible on the most powerful consoles. I don't own a Pro or (obviously) a Scorpio but if this was announced for either then it would be a system seller for me.

I can dream, dammit.

Buy a top spec PC - you can pretend you've really bought it for work if that helps ;) . 

38 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Buy a top spec PC - you can pretend you've really bought it for work if that helps ;) . 

I think PC gaming is a bit beyond me, all the issues I keep reading about, and different settings/compatibility gobbledegook. I had to Google 'Terryflops' the other day and the first hit was some bloke's experiences of impotence. Most confusing.

• Upvote 1

You can simply buy it for Witcher 3. It is a good investment. :P

Now, I know I said I wanted to wait for my third run to be in 4K@60 on ultra, but it seems the savior I was waiting for -yes, I am looking at you 1080Ti :angry:- didn't deliver. So, seeing @Cosmic_Guru starting over got me really jealous hooked interested again and one of my friends is playing it for the first time also, so I thought I should go for a third and final complete playthrough, take my time, soak in the atmosphere and screenshotting some amazing details. So I am thinking of picking up a 1070 and going ultra - hairworks on @60fps. I think it doesn't sound too crazy to tell you the truth. 

Spoiler

:facepalm:

11 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

You can simply buy it for Witcher 3. It is a good investment. :P

Now, I know I said I wanted to wait for my third run to be in 4K@60 on ultra, but it seems the savior I was waiting for -yes, I am looking at you 1080Ti :angry:- didn't deliver. So, seeing @Cosmic_Guru starting over got me really jealous hooked interested again and one of my friends is playing it for the first time also, so I thought I should go for a third and final complete playthrough, take my time, soak in the atmosphere and screenshotting some amazing details. So I am thinking of picking up a 1070 and going ultra - hairworks on @60fps. I think it doesn't sound too crazy to tell you the truth. 

Reveal hidden contents

:facepalm:

Yup, I was all set to go for a double whammy of a 4k monitor and a 1080ti, only to discover that it wouldn't really do it.

So, 2k monitor and a 1080 card - that works for me :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Karzee said:

I think PC gaming is a bit beyond me, all the issues I keep reading about, and different settings/compatibility gobbledegook. I had to Google 'Terryflops' the other day and the first hit was some bloke's experiences of impotence. Most confusing.

Nope. This is not the case anymore. Issues are rare now. Specially with Witcher. But we have all had our occasional teraflops. Am I right?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oz said:

Nope. This is not the case anymore. Issues are rare now. Specially with Witcher. But we have all had our occasional teraflops. Am I right?

Speak for yourself, re the teraflops!   Pc gaming is fine these days.  Haven't even bothered with the xbox or ps4 either.  Buy game(s) off steam, install and play once and move on to the next one has been my experience!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Talk Show Host said:

Hey. You can't get away just with that. :P What was your ending?

:lol: Fair point...

Spoiler

After defeating Eredin (and the White Frost), Ciri became Empress of all the north (except for Temeria which was given back to my homie Roche - I seriously enjoyed lopping off Dijkstra's head!). We parted ways after a spot of hunting in White Orchard so she could take the throne at Vizima while I headed off for a long-overdue retirement with Yen in  a log cabin somewhere (its about time they took some R&R :) ).

What I really liked about the final battle is that it was actually a fairly nuts and bolt sword fight. No big set piece puzzles or anything, just toe-to-toe with a decent enemy. :)

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

:lol: Fair point...

Hide contents

After defeating Eredin (and the White Frost), Ciri became Empress of all the north (except for Temeria which was given back to my homie Roche - I seriously enjoyed lopping off Dijkstra's head!). We parted ways after a spot of hunting in White Orchard so she could take the throne at Vizima while I headed off for a long-overdue retirement with Yen in  a log cabin somewhere (its about time they took some R&R :) ).

What I really liked about the final battle is that it was actually a fairly nuts and bolt sword fight. No big set piece puzzles or anything, just toe-to-toe with a decent enemy. :)

Yay, you got the super right ending! :wub:

:P;)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Talk Show Host said:

Yay, you got the super right ending! :wub:

:P;)

We all know the best ending is where everyone does in Ragnaroog. Aside from that giant who finally built his boat ;)

For anyone who's enjoyed Witcher 3 and hasn't tried Gwent yet, their latest trailer showed a preview of their single player campaign and it looks awesome!

0Z9or1i.jpg

xLsP3Hb.jpg

0EkqCYC.jpg

ZsmSzKJ.jpg

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Mentazm said:

But I wanted to play Witcher 3 Gwent online against humans.

Knowing them if there is any desire whatsoever for this they'll patch it in as a free update. I for one would be keen.  But maybe this is even more awesomer need to try it still.

7 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

I bet Gwent single player story will be better than most other rpgs out there. :P

Forgive my ignorance and not being bothered with the correct thread but when is this out? Have they said anything about a switch version?

Public beta is out now. No word on release date. It's on PC, Xbox and PS4, with rumours that a mobile/tablet version is in the works.

• Upvote 1

A small follow up to Yennefer brushing her hair (see above post) which I thought about some hours ago, when my friend reached Triss' trashed place in Novigrad:

When Geralt reaches Triss' house in Novigrad he finds a brush and comments that he only knows Triss to use this kind of brush. Back in the beginning of the game though he is dreaming of Yennefer instead of Triss being in Kaer Morhen, despite the fact that Yennefer has never visited the Witcher fortress. So, essentially, in the dream Yennefer is brushing her hair with Triss' brush, and that is why it is adorned with the rose of remembrance (picture in previous post). In other words, Geralt is replacing Triss with Yennefer in his dream showing what his true love is, even though it is not easy at all to forget what he had with Triss. Quite complex and deep as videogame love triangles go. :P

If my assumptions are correct of course.

Spoiler

Which they are :P

• Upvote 4

Cheers for those mod links TSH - I'd completely forgotten about modding!

A very good excuse to replay again....

as if I needed one ;)

• Upvote 1

So the MS conference last night highlighted a Witcher 3 Bone X patch for 4K goodness. CDPR have also highlighted that they're doing "something" for the Pro as well. Nice.

CDPR are a great developer in terms of customer support.

• Upvote 1