rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
FishyFish

Interstellar - Christopher Nolan Directing - Nov 2014

Eh? You saying everything he has done is like this?

Your obviously not a fiction film type fan

Yeah, I know I've mentioned it a few times on here, but everything Nolan has done has been far too serious for its subject matter for my liking, which is a shame in this case, as I love a good sci-fi, presuming that's what it is.

I'm not really sure what you mean by your second sentence.

Well. He has made some of the most imaginative and inventive big budget films of the last decade.

Could go with saying that you don't like his style, but I don't think they are pofaced. True that they have little humour in them, but that's no bad thing sometimes, especially when other films want to give a sly nod and a wink to other films, be self referential, or have some shit cameo role appearance in them.

Shit, I've just summarised everything Tarantino has done since Pulp Fiction haven't I?

Well. He has made some of the most imaginative and inventive big budget films of the last decade.

Could go with saying that you don't like his style, but I don't think they are pofaced. True that they have little humour in them, but that's no bad thing sometimes, especially when other films want to give a sly nod and a wink to other films, be self referential, or have some shit cameo role appearance in them.

Shit, I've just summarised everything Tarantino has done since Pulp Fiction haven't I?

I'd say you're definitely right in saying it's his style that I don't like because even though, as you say, he's made some of the most imaginative and inventive films of the last decade, I just find his films overly serious, drawn out and boring.

I wish I could 'get' him, because I love the kind of films he's involved in and I really hope Interstellar is the one to change my mind.

Judging by that trailer though, the signs aren't good.

Zzzzz...Oh dear, please no. Not another 'things go wrong in Space' film -______-

The reality of interstellar travel puts a lie to most of that trailer... without anything going wrong in Space at all.

Yeah, I know I've mentioned it a few times on here, but everything Nolan has done has been far too serious for its subject matter for my liking, which is a shame in this case, as I love a good sci-fi, presuming that's what it is.

Wait until the reveal at the end of the film that this was part of the Planet of the Apes reboot all along.

I wish I could 'get' him, because I love the kind of films he's involved in and I really hope Interstellar is the one to change my mind.

Judging by that trailer though, the signs aren't good.

Yep, I don't hink your going to be in luck with this one either. He's at the top of his game at the moment, after the 3 Batmans and Inception, so I think its more of the same.

I would also imagine that their will be no actual technical reason for all of this film either. Like Inception, he quite cleverly bypassed all the scientific mumbo jumbo by saying "here is a machine with some wires coming out of it which allows people to connect up in dreams. OK, don't ask how, just go with it, I have a story to tell"

I found that quite an achievement in that film. Other scripts/directors would get hung up of the technical stuff, Inception just made you accept it was possible and told you to move on with it. Unlike, say, The Matrix.

I don't think Interstella is going to be any different.

Yep, I don't hink your going to be in luck with this one either. He's at the top of his game at the moment, after the 3 Batmans and Inception, so I think its more of the same.

I would also imagine that their will be no actual technical reason for all of this film either. Like Inception, he quite cleverly bypassed all the scientific mumbo jumbo by saying "here is a machine with some wires coming out of it which allows people to connect up in dreams. OK, don't ask how, just go with it, I have a story to tell"

I found that quite an achievement in that film. Other scripts/directors would get hung up of the technical stuff, Inception just made you accept it was possible and told you to move on with it. Unlike, say, The Matrix.

I don't think Interstella is going to be any different.

Even you must admit the third Batman film was a boring mess.

I'll give this a go no doubt, because of the subject, and I promise to keep my moaning to a minimum if I don't get on with it.

No, liked all of them! I'm generally bored to tears of superhero films, but these where something else. Can see why people didn't like 3 though, especially after the high point of 2 (with the Joker)

Well, even I've got to say that looks pretty good. Nolan's films always have a realistic tone, which I often finds jars with his subject matter, but that trailer works for me.

I love a good serious sci-fi and if this is in the vein of 2001 then I'll be happy.

Uh, yeah, I guess so. I mean, depends how much you want to know beyond the title. It kind of explains what the film is about and shows things happening that occur later on- so yeah, I suppose so.

Have to say

that whole bit where she's goes "Maybe we've spent too long trying to figure this out with theory- love is the one thing that transcends time and space..." made me want to throw up in my shoes a bit.

I mean, I liked how Contact played out the sci-fi emotion angle, it worked well for me (even if the big emotional moment looked incredibly cheesy), but I'd like to see astronauts figure out stuff without needing to factor in the force of love...

Uh, yeah, I guess so. I mean, depends how much you want to know beyond the title. It kind of explains what the film is about and shows things happening that occur later on- so yeah, I suppose so.

Have to say

that whole bit where she's goes "Maybe we've spent too long trying to figure this out with theory- love is the one thing that transcends time and space..." made me want to throw up in my shoes a bit.

I mean, I liked how Contact played out the sci-fi emotion angle, it worked well for me (even if the big emotional moment looked incredibly cheesy), but I'd like to see astronauts figure out stuff without needing to factor in the force of love...

I think Michael Caine reading Dylan Thomas with all the emotion of a coma patient was worse. I’m still super excited though.

Hopefully all the family drama stuff is just in the first 30 minutes. Then you just see space and aliens and shit for the rest.

Sorry, just practicing my youtube comments skills.

• Upvote 1