rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Uzi

Fallout 4 - VR Coming Soon

First trailer:

Fk2jP.png
jbb7jlIt9rnJuA.png
By voice actor for three dog.

Sadly Obsidian are extremely unlikely to be involved given their kickstarter project and the whole metacritic bonus fiasco but whoop anyway! FO3 was still great.

• Upvote 1

Predictions.

Next elder scrolls game will be bethesda's first next gen game. Not this. Elder Scrolls and Fallout has sold too well on console this gen to risk the smaller userbase in the early life of next xbox/PS.

Will probably be out in November this year with trailer reveal soon and lots of gameplay at E3.

Will use skyrim version of gamebyro obviously so will look a bit prettier than Fallout 3 hopefully.

I will hopefully be asleep in next hour as I have to be up at 08:30

Also scottcr I'll add a wii u tag once it is confirmed as the other three platforms are obvious.

Pleased but also wary, I don't want another Fallout on current gen console hardware. That engine is just too damn shonky now.

Fallout 4 as a 720 release game. Ah, now we're talking.

I concur with Uzi's predictions but unless Bethesda hire people who can animate faces, more than 4 voice actors and have a QA team that can actually identify game breaking bugs I'm 'out', as it were. It's all well and good having an open world to lose yourself in, but when you're dragged out of that world kicking and screaming by hearing the same bloke for the umpteenth time, or when you can't progress because a room stays locked, or one of the NPCs is inexplicably dead it's hard not to be apprehensive given their past record.

EDIT: Yes, yes. We know nothing from a vague tweet, but can anyone honestly say they're not a little fearful of what will come out of a new Fallout?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Actually I'd be happy if Obsidian isn't even let near the license, considering the crappy job they did on New Vegas.

lol what ?

Fallout New Vegas is a much better RPG in every way than Fallout 3. Better dialogue, better writing, more choices, more ways of solving quests. They put Bethesda to shame in that regard. (well for the 30 hours I played or so, got distracted, must go back to it!) Skyrim only goes further to show that Bethesda craft nice worlds but don't know what the hell to do with them.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

Actually I'd be happy if Obsidian isn't even let near the license, considering the crappy job they did on New Vegas.

Maybe if they'd been given the time to finish rather than having it forced out the door before hand it wouldn't have been so crappy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

lol what ?

Fallout New Vegas is a much better RPG in every way than Fallout 3. Better dialogue, better writing, more choices, more ways of solving quests. They put Bethesda to shame in that regard. (well for the 30 hours I played or so, got distracted, must go back to it!) Skyrim only goes further to show that Bethesda craft nice worlds but don't know what the hell to do with them.

New Vegas is one of the most divisive games to be released. Personally, I fall in the camp that felt it was poorly balanced, buggy, dull, charmless and lost any sense of discovery and wonder Fallout 3 had. Why that is could be down to a million factors, not least of all post-apocalyptic burnout, but I've tried and tried and tried to get the enjoyment out of NV that I did out of 3 and I just can't.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I'm out unless the combat is significantly improved.

Having said that, I've got New Vegas on PC and have only ever played about an hour of it. Maybe it's time to mod it up and see wha tthe fuss was about..

Fallout New Vegas is a much better RPG in every way than Fallout 3. Better dialogue, better writing, more choices, more ways of solving quests.

More bugs, ugly interiors, bland gameworld, uninteresting factions, dull story, lack of atmosphere, less exploring... Fallout 3 had me captivated for over a 100 hours, I rushed through the last half of New Vegas so I could just shelf and forget about it. A very disappointing experience.

Maybe if they'd been given the time to finish rather than having it forced out the door before hand it wouldn't have been so crappy.

Well, it's a bit of an Obsidian trademark to release unpolished, rough, broken games if you take their track record in account. Alpha Protocol almost crashed by just looking at the box.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

New Vegas is one of the most divisive games to be released. Personally, I fall in the camp that felt it was poorly balanced, buggy, dull, charmless and lost any sense of discovery and wonder Fallout 3 had. Why that is could be down to a million factors, not least of all post-apocalyptic burnout, but I've tried and tried and tried to get the enjoyment out of NV that I did out of 3 and I just can't.

Nah you're right about it being divisive. I really don't fault Bethesdas ability to build worlds, Fallout 3s is fantastic but as actually RPGs they are pretty lacking in many ways. This come across especially if you've played Black Isle/Troika games in the past or played a lot of old school western RPGs. That's why I loved what I played of New Vegas, it felt like an actual RPG with factions, choices etc.

It's why if I ever go back to Skyrim I'm going to mod the shit out of it. I loved it for the first 20 hours or so but ended up getting pretty bored. Saying that, all respect to Bethesda for the amount of effort they go to letting modders mess with their game. So many developers don't let that happen these days it's quite sad (or publishers even)

More bugs, ugly interiors, bland gameworld, uninteresting factions, dull story, lack of atmosphere, less exploring... Fallout 3 had me captivated for over a 100 hours, I rushed through the last half of New Vegas so I could just shelf and forget about it. A very disappointing experience.

Well, it's a bit of an Obsidian trademark to release unpolished, rough, broken games if you take their track record in account. Alpha Protocol almost crashed by just looking at the box.

I sometimes think Obsidians 'reputation' is overplayed. I had no problems with New Vegas for the time I played and Fallout 3 had just as many problems as New Vegas did so let's not pretend it was perfect either bug wise. I had quite a few crashes on the 360 version of Fallout 3. Didn't have a single issue with Alpha Protocol and as far as I know it's not regarded as an especially buggy game is it ? Dungeon Siege 3 had no bugs in it either and was pretty polished. Let's not forget how Bethesda have fucked over PS3 owners as well with Skyrim.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Also forced out the door before it was ready to get it out for the holiday period, along with KotOR 2. They do contract work and then get shat on, the true test of obsidian will be the kickstarter.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, but it just smacks of the MMO standard of "Sure, mod our game, knock yourselves out!" *dev gets notepad out to start logging all the shit they should have sorted in the game in the first place*

Christ do people really rate "I need you to turn on the machine, so I will throw a grenade at you, capture you, then kill you in captivity to achieve this" "now walk behind this robot for a moment as it wages war on a group with exactly the same motivations as us" as better than the varying factions, philosophies and intrigues that Obsidian set up?

They must be fucking cretins.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

Hasn't that been Bethesda's design philosophy since Morrowind.

Christ do people really rate "I need you to turn on the machine, so I will throw a grenade at you, capture you, then kill you in captivity to achieve this" "now walk behind this robot for a moment as it wages war on a group with exactly the same motivations as us" as better than the varying factions, philosophies and intrigues that Obsidian set up?

Folks don't like choice, or grey morality "good guys".

Theoretically I'd agree with you, were it not that the stuff Obsidian set up was dull as fuck and terribly executed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Alpha Protocol wasn't buggy or unfinished, it just had piss-poor action mechanics. Which is fine as it isn't an action game. Alas everyone compared it unfavourably to Mass Effect 2 (which is a shooter with RPG elements, rather than an RPG with action game elements), and decided it was a shit shooter rather than a great RPG :(

• Upvote 1

Didn't everyone kill Three Dog at the first opportunity? Must be a prequel. Anyway, I'm excited. FO3 is an incredible game.

• Upvote 2

Alpha Protocol wasn't buggy or unfinished, it just had piss-poor action mechanics. Which is fine as it isn't an action game. Alas everyone compared it unfavourably to Mass Effect 2 (which is a shooter with RPG elements, rather than an RPG with action game elements), and decided it was a shit shooter rather than a great RPG :(

http://alphaprotocol.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha_Protocol_bugs

I'd say there were a few issues.

I remember being absolutely immersed in Oblivion and devoured every morsel of Fallout 3 I could get. I bought Skyrim and probably played around a quarter of it, it's not as if it was a bad game, but whilst I could see that it was all very impressive and probably objectively better in a bunch of ways than those two games, it just bored me to tears and one day I switched it off and then found I had no desire to go back to it. I think I may just have had too much of their template and they'd probably really need to shake things up to get me back on onboard,.

• Upvote 2