Sign in to follow this  
Dandy_Sephy

Capcom Arcade Cabinet (forthcoming service)

214a1858390c3904c551661c46c63335.jpg?

It's been revealed that Capcom are releasing a 'app' for XBLA/PSN that will allow people to download Capcom games. So essentially a dedicated Capcom version of Game Room. This is being done because of the company's 30th anniversary.

It's early days for information but what we know:

- It will focus on 80s games

- Black Tiger will be the first game

- Arcade versions (not the home ports) with the bugs left in (so basically rom dumps)

- 1942, Commando, Gunsmoke and Trojan hinted but not announced

- Games have lots of configuration options, not currently clear if these are just the original dip switches or more involved. App supports arcade sticks (I take this to mean optimised control layouts) and turbos.

- Games should be 'really cheap' and may come as packs.

- No release date yet but game line up will be announced Feb 7. They will also give us a schedule of when to expect each game.

http://www.polygon.c...-game-ports-for

Personally I think this is a great idea. It'll have a better focus than Game Room and although it's early days if the pricing is right I can see it being a good service. Hopefully the graphical options are good.

If it's the same quality as the Final Fight / Magic Sword compilation then I'm in. For some reason I've got a massive soft spot for Black Tiger, even though it's a fairly crappy game.

Also it'd be nice to have Ghouls and Ghosts and 1941 and a bunch more CPS1 stuff on the 360.

If it's the same quality as the Final Fight / Magic Sword compilation then I'm in. For some reason I've got a massive soft spot for Black Tiger, even though it's a fairly crappy game.

Also it'd be nice to have Ghouls and Ghosts and 1941 and a bunch more CPS1 stuff on the 360.

I've got the feeling they'll be straightforward ports with minor tweaks rather than a lavish pack like FF.

No AVP due to licences. It'll be the same old crap, Capcom don't know what theyre doing these days. Also: pay to unlock dipswitches probably.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Black Tiger is a world away from crappy, it's bloody brilliant.

No AVP due to licences. It'll be the same old crap...

Admittedly, I'm concerned too, because it could go under for the same reason Game Room did (in my opinion, anyway) which is it targets the wrong era of games. Whilst Capcom did have some earlier gems I'd argue their arcade heyday begins with the era of Final Fight, going on to include the early Street Fighter titles as well as their 2D scrolling beat-em ups.

• Upvote 3

I just hope that they will be given the same treatment as the final fight/black tiger release on Xbla.

Magic Sword.

I love Game Room, it's just a shame it wasn't supported. Still, it's nice to have a collection of Konami obscurities. I hope Capcom's service is successful enough to encourage them to get past the already released classic games and see them release Gigawing, Progear, Mars Matrix and 1944.

Only just read about this! I think it's great news!

I envisioned XBLA as a mass collection of old arcade titles so I'm totally up for collections like this.

The details were announced today

Full HD Optimization

-A truly authentic arcade presentation built with modern displays and devices in mind. Added options leave you free to fiddle with aspect ratio, but old school gamers can enjoy a crystal clear presentation of the favorite games exactly how they remember them

Dip Switchery

-Players now have access to virtual dip switch functionality across all CAC titles, so as to allow anyone to customize their life count, difficulty level, and other settings and functions to their heart’s content.

Online and Co-op multiplayer

-Head-to-head play over Xbox Live and PSN has been dutifully added to all games with a two player functionality in the Capcom Arcade Cabinet.

Casual Mode

-All CAC games have been carefully preserved with authenticity in mind. However, the all-new “Casual Mode” cracks the games open in order to allow less experienced players to wade into the more difficult challenges with fun and sometimes unexpected tweaks.

Online Leaderboards

-Because beating the game is just the beginning and high scores are just as important and brag worthy as they were in the arcade heyday.

Achievements and Trophies

-See above

Unlockable Bonuses

Every game in the Capcom Arcade Cabinet comes with unlockable rewards, such as original arcade flyers, banner art, audio tracks, and more.

Music Player

Jam out to your favorite 8-bit arcade tunes in playlists tailored specifically to you.

Social Features

-Upload screenshots directly to Facebook (Xbox 360 Only)

-Record and upload replays directly to YouTube (PS3 Only)

4010d650c422d0cc2a51544a16a94346.jpg

The games:

GAME PACK 1 – Available February 19th/20th | $4.99/€4.99/£3.99/400MSP

-Black Tiger

-1943: Battle of Midway

-Avenger

Black Tiger is FREE, with the remaining two games available individually March 5th $3.99/€3.99/£3.19 (PSN Only)

GAME PACK 2 – Available March 5th/6th | $9.99/€9.99/£7.99/800MSP

-Ghosts ‘n Goblins

-Gun.Smoke

-Section Z

Games available individually March 19th/20th | $3.99/€3.99/£3.19/320MSP

GAME PACK 3 – Available March 19th/20th | $9.99/€9.99/£7.99/800MSP

-Side Arms

-The Speed Rumbler

-Exed Exes (Savage Bees)

Games available individually April 2nd/3rd | $3.99/€3.99/£3.19/320MSP

GAME PACK 4 – Available April 2nd/3rd | $9.99/€9.99/£7.99/800MSP

-Commando

-Legendary Wings

-Trojan

Games available individually April 16th/17th | $3.99/€3.99/£3.19/320MSP

GAME PACK 5 – Available April 16th/17th | $9.99/€9.99/£7.99/800MSP

-SonSon

-Pirate Ship Higemaru

Games available individually April 30th/31st | $3.99/€3.99/£3.19/320MSP

BONUS GAMES x2

-Fans who purchase all 15 games in the Capcom Arcade Cabinet will unlock exclusive access to two FREE bonus games. Feel free to try and guess what they are.

ALL-IN-ONE PACK – Available May 21st/22nd | $29.99/€29.99/£23.99/2000MSP

-Purchase all 17 games and features in the Capcom Arcade Cabinet for a greatly reduced price.

Additional Capcom Arcade Cabinet Notes:

-Game Packs will debut approximately every two weeks starting February 19th and games from the previously released Game Pack will be available following the launch of every new Game Pack (With the exception of individual games from Game Pack 5 available on April 30th.)

-Black Tiger is yours free on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. However, those downloading on XBLA will only receive one credit, whereas PS3 users will have unlimited credits. 360 players will be able to play the entire game as much as they’d like, just without continues. Sorry about that, but it’s due to how different first party platforms distinguish demos and such.

-Xbox 360 users will need to purchase the discounted Game Pack 1 in order to access further Capcom Arcade Cabinet content and neither 1943 or Avenger will be available for individual purchase via XBLA. PS3 owners will have access to all of the titles individually in the Capcom Arcade Collection, and so will Xbox owners, with the sole exception of the two aforementioned titles. Again, apologies.

Are people blinded by Capcom or something? I love their games but that selection stinks, the pricing stinks, the delivery method, delays, "bonus" shit games, and so on....stinks! You could get their PS2/Xbox collections, jesus, there are a million better ways to play this stuff. Laughably shit.

Shoulda been 400pts per game at most, with a miles better selection. Ghosts N Goblins but no Ghouls N Ghosts...seriously? No Strider pack? And to think people were expecting the calibre of Aliens VS Predator coming.... what a lousy selection.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1