Lego Marvel Superheroes - Out now!

Is the new X-Men film coming out this year or next? If it's this year, I could imagine it'd have pretty much everyone from those two films.

X-Men is apparently a bit of a complex license, save for a few outliers such as Wolverine. That's why the recent MvC3 games only had a few of them.

Oh man, have these guys made a bad game?

It's criminal that half the forum don't even talk about this franchise. Quality design, excellent gameplay and varied enough to interest everyone.

Has it got online co-op?

Online is the only feature many would say is missing, but I don't think it's essential.

Having played nearly all of the TT Lego games since Bionicles, there is change and innovation. I love the games, so this will be a purchase/birthday request for sure.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Venom and The Human Torch announced.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes has an original storyline starring Nick Fury, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and others, all battling Loki and Galactus, and all in Lego form. The game stars over 100 unlockable characters from the Marvel universe, so staples such as Venom and the Human Torch are just the beginning.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes adds Venom, Human Torch to the roster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That didn't have Deadpool narration, Stan Lee hulking out, Venom juggling skulls, Wolverine running around as a adamantium skeleton, H.E.R.B.I.E, Squirrel Girl, Phil Coulson and Howard the Duck. And Bender is voicing Galactus. Gorgeous too.

I guess it might help if you're a Marvel nut though. :)

Me and my 5 year old have just 100%ed Lego Batman 2 and he loved it, but I'm really looking forward to the daytime action in this one. The split screen was so much harder to use just because of Gotham's darkness. Can't wait to expand his now considerable superhero knowledge as well.

That didn't have Deadpool narration, Stan Lee hulking out, Venom juggling skulls, Wolverine running around as a adamantium skeleton, H.E.R.B.I.E, Squirrel Girl, Phil Coulson and Howard the Duck. And Bender is voicing Galactus. Gorgeous too.

I guess it might help if you're a Marvel nut though. :)

I get what you're saying, and no doubt it'll be awesome, but here's a question: is Doctor Derek Doctors writing the script?

Because, frankly, nothing else comes close if not.

• 1 month later...

Is this open worldy like Lego City / Batman 2? I saw some of the footage of Hulk and Iron Man fighting Sandman and some of the other stuff in Asgard, but I couldn't tell, didn't look like it though.

As I recall from one of the E3 demonstrations, there's a New York hub in the vein of Lego Batman 2/Lego City, with missions then taking place in other locations.

• 1 month later...

New stuff from the EG Expo. Looks fun as hell.

Some cool cheevos as well.

Puny God 20

Perform Hulk's special move on Loki

Sinister Six 20

Collect Doc Ock, Sandman, Mysterio, Kraven the Hunter, Electro and Vulture (Single Player)

Fastball Special 20

Perform a special throwing move as Colossus on Wolverine.

The Toast of Croydon 20

Create a character called Trevor in the character customizer

Really? 10

Collect Howard the Duck (Single Player)

Jesus god that guy is hard to listen to in the first video. Sounds like he is trying very hard to lead a primary school class and failing at that and all. "Anybody know what Reed Richards special power is?" "Who likes Spider-Man? Who likes Hulk?" "This is epic". The game looks decent but it is being narrated by an insecure Christian youth leader.

I wish they showed more of the New York hub world gameplay, they only really showed a bit of a roof from a mission despite the length of the video. I think I will be picking this up down the line though for PS3

That looks a ton of fun, frankly. :)

Am I understanding correctly, that Bruce Banner / Hulk is the same character on the grid, and there's a button to "hulk out"? Same with Stark/Iron Man? 'Cos that's really cool. Lego Batman 2 had Superman and Clark Kent as separate characters, but you couldn't fly as Clark. This makes much more sense. I guess if you've "only" got 150 character spaces, you need to make a few changes.

I wish they showed more of the city stuff. I wanna fly around as the Human Torch or swing through the buildings as Spidey.

Genuinely looking forward to this more than any other game at the moment. :D

My brother in law works at the studio developing. May see if i can wrangle a copy for PS4.

It's a great looking title, and the co-op will enable others to enjoy the launch time of the new console.

Colour me excited.

I'd be keen to know the differences between current and next gen versions. I know it's a 'only Lego game' but they do historically have framerate and screen tearing issues and blurry backgrounds.

Just watched gameplay video of Skylanders Swap Force on PS4, another game that I'll primarily play with my kids who don't give a fuck about that kind of thing, and it really did look noticeably prettier over the PS3 version. Not just a straight port.

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed characters at NYCC:

- Absorbing Man

- Aunt May

- Electro

- Havok

- Iron Fist

- Malekith The Accursed

- Moon Knight

- Nightmare

- Polaris

- Power Man

- Pyro

- Shocker

- She-Hulk

- Taskmaster

- Superior Spider-Man

Confirmed at Marvel.com:

- Ant-Man

- Black Bolt

Vine of NY open world gameplay:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/12/4832048/lego-marvel-super-heroes-demo-coming-next-week