Pokémon X and Y - 3DS, October 2013

It shares the exp you earn for winning battles between all the Pokemon that you're carrying.

Has anyone seen a good guide anywhere to how you should adjust the balance of the team you generally build to account for the fairy type?

• Upvote 1

Only an hour or two into X and just picked up the EXP Share thingy mabob. If I go to it in the menu I can click it and set it to yellow which apparently selects it. Now it's already turned on so what does this do?

'Selecting' a key item will add it to your quick menu while you're walking around (X button). Useful for things you use often (like the bike).

• Upvote 1

I'm about 20 hours in and just got my 2nd badge...

I think my son sold my braixstone or whatever accidentally when he was playing at the weekend... but I've got some other stone that Pikachu can hold that apparently might make him evolve, but nothings happening.

Also, I've got a few Pokemons up to level 30 now and they're not evolving...

should I just not worry about it and go with the flow? Just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong...

You need to use a Thunderstone on Pikachu rather than give it to him, if that makes sense. Don't do it too early though, as there are moves he can learn before evolving that he won't after you've done it. You can get these back later but it's generally easier to keep stone evolved Pokémon unevolved until they've learned everything you want them to. You can use the EXP share or have them hold an eviolite if keeping them unevolved is making them difficult to train as you progress further.

There are plenty of Pokémon that evolve quite a while after level 30, so don't worry about that.

There are some that have special requirements too, whether it be trading, trading holding a specific item, levelling up in the right area/holding a particular item/ in the right weather conditions/at the right time of day/with another particular Pokémon/type of Pokémon in your party etc.

The requirement for

Inkay in particular is very specific. Fortunately for me I knew how to do this before the game came out, but does the game tell you/hint at the method you need to use or are you supposed to just figure it out because of the whole upside down/topsy turvy theme of its design? I feel like I may have missed an NPC or something that gives a clue.

• Upvote 1

Will happily share; just need to catch some cruddy Pokémon, get it infected and trade it over for those who want it.

I'll take a piece of that if you don't mind. My code is 4081-5498-4332. I also have no idea what's in my safari so if anyone figures that out, I'd love to know.

Fucking hell, you can't change nicknames of Pokemon you got in a trade. I've got some from Japanese folks with symbols for names :(

I had that with a Froakie but when it evolved, its name changed to the English for its 2nd evolution, although I've got no idea if it was Froakie in Japanese or it had a different name.

Fucking hell, you can't change nicknames of Pokemon you got in a trade. I've got some from Japanese folks with symbols for names :(

Me too, but on the other hand, there's someone out there with a Pokemon from me that will forever more be known as Bumface. It's not all bad.

To be fair you unless you know Japanese you don't know it's a nickname until you try and evolve it. Whatever region a Pokemon is from as long it hasn't been nicknamed when you evolve it it's name will change to the language setting of the cart it evolved on.

I used wonder trade and sent someone a level 2 Zigzagoon that I myself had annoyingly received in a wonder trade. I got a Frogadier. I feel bad for that person :( I have them on my acquaintances list now so I've been waiting for them to come online again to return it.

On GTS everyone seems to want Yveltal or Xerneas in return for basic Pokemon.