Recommend me some good DS action games

I am currently on holiday in Japan and I just have a DS to play games with, I was wondering what would be good to play on the DS outside of RPG's.

I bought Ninokuni and DQ9 and I need a break from the walls of text. I am looking for something like Bangaio spirit, which I have back home.

Is there anything else on the DS that offers all out action? Help me rllmuk.

Geometry Wars: Galaxies, if you can find it?

Must be some Japanese bullet hell shooters you can pick up in a retro shop there; surely at least one Cave game has been ported, and shooters generally don't pose much of a language barrier.

Bummer. Just seems that as he's in the land of the arcade shooter, he should be able to pick up something fun that he couldn't get over here. But I'm not up on the import scene, so ain't much help.

ketsui is like the best game ever or something....but the DS version is just a boss rush mode, its still good but not anywhere near as special imo. metal torrent on dsi ware is pretty good if you want something like that, not sure what it's called in japan though.

edit - Aa Mujou Setsuna

Contra 4 or Metal Slug 7. Contra is excellent, and although the latter's not a particularly good version of Metal Slug, it's still Metal Slug and is pretty fun.

Meteos is an intense and fast-paced action-puzzle game, which may not be quite what you want, but is great, great fun.

Sonic Rush is ok as modern Sonic games go. FInally, Rhythm Paradise aka Rhythm Heaven.